Is this kino?

Is this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BF2Ksrxu_QY
youtube.com/watch?v=o_5bH-MLblE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but don't bother if you have a low attention span.

Not as good as the first one. But I liked it. Especially the Elton John bit.

I never saw it but yes.

I've heard this before about this movie. Hard to follow or just subtle clues through out ?

Great directing, great acting, but incredibly boring.

very british in that it takes its high concept in this case 'mole in the service' and imbues it with the mundane, somewhat unsuccesfuly. not kino, not flick, maybe a film

it's pretty good but i have to take breaks after an hour because it's kinda boring sometimes.

It's a very slow boil movie oozing atmosphere

How did Bane react after he found out Irina was killed and Smiley was tricking him about getting her back?

Yeah but you need to like slow moving espionage movies. If you like The Parallax View, The Conversation, and All the Presidents Men you should definitely check it out.

I liked it, similar vibe to The Good Shepherd. Most people would find it boring as piss, though.

Very good.

It's a wonderful film full of subtlety. It truly does take an adult attention span. It's not James Bond full of explosions and glamour and sex. You can almost imagine the world of espionage being similar to the plot in this film. It's very human with characters who are the same, including with all the flaws.

I notice something new every time I watch it.

The cure for insomnia

Fucking Oldman man... One of the greatest. He was great in this too.

He said there was a mole. Right at the top of the Circus. Said he's been there for years.

the guy who directed this' new film looks great youtube.com/watch?v=BF2Ksrxu_QY

>from making stuff like this to crappy Netflix produced garbage The Hitman's Bodyguard
his agent needs to be shot
or he just does stuff for kicks

After watching the mini-series I came to realize that the filmmakers simply left important details out to make the movie seem more 'mysterious'. It ends up being confusing.

Go for the mini-series instead. Has a wonderful cameo by Saan Phillips.

wow brits are terrible at naming movies

I also remember hearing that key bits of the plot were left out for the sake of time.

best bits:

>Jim Prideaux looks at Bill Hayden from across the room at the christmas party
>Smiley sees his own face on the chess piece, realising Control suspected him of being a mole
>Cumberbatch saying "I spied .... ON MY OWN.... DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL?" and later "The entire thing is a *FABRICATION* !"
>Oliver Lacon smearing butter on his toast
>Esterhase begging not to be sent back to Hungary, I AM LOYAAAALLLLL
>Smiley's first scene where he asks "W-WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HIM?" to Lacon
>Ricky I WOULDN'T TRUST A FUCKIN ONE OF YOU Tarr
>Hayden getting sniped through the skull to the tune of La Mer
>JIM PREEDOW'S BEEN SHOT SER... DYE WANT ME TO DENY IT SERR?

It really is. I fell asleep in the theater the first time I saw it. Slow-paced and confusing compared to the book.

>not including this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=o_5bH-MLblE

i am not exaggerating, this was the most absurdly out-of-nowhere scene in any move i've seen

>sees his own wife making out with Hayden in the trees
>doesn't immediately go outside and smash his face in

Smiley was a cuck

It's a reference to a nursery rhyme that apparently didn't make it across the pond, faggot

kinda long and boring in all frequency
there's no real stars in it unless you count cumberbatch, but his is a supporting role and he wasn't really famous yet

What about the fucking owl on fire

Reading the book first makes this movie 10x more enjoyable.

Remember, Hayden was having an affair with Smiley's wife to compromise his objectivity so he wouldn't be able to "see" him straight.