So Sup Forums what are some of your family's odd history with Sup Forums material...

So Sup Forums what are some of your family's odd history with Sup Forums material? I know my mum used to read Green Lantern because she thought Hal was hot.

Your mom has good taste OP

EVERYONE reads Green Lantern because Hal is hot.

That's one mum with God-tier taste. My mum used to read Archie when she was around 5 and had a small crush on Jughead. She got me into comics by giving me her Archie and Spider-Man comics.

Does Star Wars count? My family saw all of the Prequel Trilogy Star Wars movies together. I was just a little kid then, and my dad picked up a nickname for me that he still uses: Joe Joe Binks.I am twenty two

Despite having a poor relationship with my brother it was his boxes of comics that gave me the base of my knowledge of DC, Marvel and Hellboy

My mom and sister loved Lois & Clark tv show.

From the MCU I think my mom likes Thor the most.

My dad insists on calling the Rhino "Boss Rhino"

>forcing your family to go to every prequel movie
>nicknaming your son after the worst thing in them
Your dad is a monster.

My mother tossed out my comics bcause a crazy neighbor lady was still high on Wertham, somehow.

My dad's favorite comic guy. I only remember he becomes invisible when he touches electricity with his hand.

Who doesn't think Hal is hot?

>Johnfags
>Kylefags
>Batfags
Triggered Trinity.

My mother fucking loves Superman. She was upset at the end of BvS (literally "no, Superman can't be dead!") and I was like, "Mom, he's gonna be in Justice League, he's fucking fine."

My brother-in-law is gay for Hal. My sister's gonna name her nephew Hal Jordan, I shit you not.

Is your brother-in-law Geoff Johns?

>tfw people like Hal enough to name their children Harold in 2016
bless this earth

You have the best mom, OP.

I wish. And I obviously meant my nephew, not hers.

Dunno if it's gonna be Harold or literally Hal though.

Solid name either way

Growing up my dad was a big fan of The Shadow radio show.
My grandma on my mom's side also grew up listening to The Shadow.
I didn't find out about either of them until after had discovered it and also became a fan through the show.

Mom had a crush on Burt Ward.

My dad bought my mum a Legion of Super-Heroes issue when she was in the maternity ward with me.
I still have it.
My parents own all Asterix comics and shitloads of old Mickey Mouse stuff.
Well actually, they owned it until they shipped it off to me since they wanted it gone from storage.

Me and dad watched a lot of Tintin when I was a kid

It got so many reruns he'd give me a buck every time I guessed what episode was going to air that night

He gave it to me anyway if I got it wrong.

My mom once mentioned she read Tex when she was younger and my father watched Flash Gordon. He also has old manga at home, but that's Sup Forums territory.

My uncles had a fucking stack of DC Comics.
My grandfather SOLD THEM.

My dad wrote in to Tales to Astonish to tell them to cancel Giant-Man

I blame him for why Pym never had a solo comic book after that

My dad is 75 years old. When he was a kid, his favorite superhero was Plastic Man.

He also used to live down the street from Lynda Carter (70s Wonder Woman).

My aunt has like a schoolgirl crush on Hugh Jackman especially as wolverine.

Why did your dad do such a thing

>favorite hero is GOAT Plas
>lived next to Wondy
Absolutley based.

my Dad used to read the British war comic Commando as well as Oor Willie and The Broons.

He also likes the old Geary Anderson stuff especially stingray and captain scartlet.

So basically he likes old British stuff.

My Uncle had a comics going back to early Silver age Marvel. I wasn't allowed to get my grubby little hands on them but after he sold his collection he'd give me whatever his current books were when he was done with them.
Dad had a bunch of Michel Vaillant books.
Grandma surprised the hell out of my by recognizing Vigilante. Turns out she used to read Action Comics.

My dad had piles of Sgt. Rock comics, probably the first thing I ever tried reading period.

My father used to be a big batman fan

He only knew the characters through the comics so he mispronounced the names by calling them "Bamtmam and Rowbin"

Oor Willie and The Broons are 10/10 newspaper comics.

That old Supermarionation stuff is still my favourite media franchise. It's a shame the thunderbirds movie was bollocks.

>tl, dr: your dad has great taste.

My parents both loved Superman a lot and had read his comics when they were younger. My mom loved Wonder Woman a lot and my Dad also read Justice League. They never got too deep into them but they introduced me to them and I'm forever grateful for that.

>Mom likes Superman, thinks Batman is too edgy these days, and likes Hal

I'm quite okay with this.

My dad had a good condition Fantastic Four #1 and he sold it to a comic shop for like, $50 then he put the rest of his comics in a bin and sold them at a garage sale for a quarter each, and it still haunts me to this day (of course he kept the Dead Sea Scrolls-condition ones to read in the bathroom)

my mom and dad loved asterix and lucky luke and they bought me every new issue that came out. Also a shitton of mickey mouse/donald duck. But i only came in conatct with superheroes trough the TV.
and Sup Forums related: my grandma wanted to buy me a comic for christmas once, but having no idea about comics she just asked the clerk what the young folks today like to read. That motherfucker gave my grandmother the shit in pic related. It's a story about some highschooler that is the reincarnation of some angel and he is also in love with his sister and a lot of edgy and cringey shit happens throughout. If my grandma knew what she got me....

I went up to visit my parents awhile ago to help them with some work around the house.
got done for the day, and asked if they were watching anything on tv, a new episode of jlu was on.
step dad sat down to watch it with me. watched it quietly, never said a word the whole episode.
after it was over, he quietly asked me "I thought green lantern was white?"

kek

>pic related

my father clipped terry and the pirates from the newspapers and pasted them in a notebook.
>mfw early graphic novel
my mother was a teacher and encouraged me to read anything. bought me a ton of comics.
every summer on vacation we bought all the comics on the newstands and read them on the beach.
my siblings read most of my collection.
my grandmothers bought me comics.

i'm an idiot

My Mom collected World's Finest and Flash comics as a kid. She sold most of them, including her copy of Flash #123, to help pay for the family house during the speculator boom. The only old comics she has left are coverless and in terrible shape.