Is Friends just a shitty rip-off?

Is Friends just a shitty rip-off?

Yeah, but of Seinfeld.

>niggers invented sitcoms
whoa

Friends did it better.
That's all that matters in the end.

In no way at all.

I can see why you would make that post, but its ultimately not correct.

I don't remember Ross and Chandler walking around in those gaudy Charlotte Hornets Starter jackets.

>niggers doing homework

Was Designing Women just a shitty rip-off of the Golden Girls?

>literally who vs one of the most popular sitcoms of all time

WE WUZ SITCOMS N SHEEEEIIT

>he doesn't recognize Queen Latifah

>living single
>literally who

underage detected

living single was kino but nowhere near as funny as fronds

>underage

No, just not black

why didn't white people copy martin? it was the funniest show ever

seinfeld was a show about nothing
friends was a show about nothing which was also not funny

>characters literally doing nothing but whining about who one of them is dating and who got a new job

how did this go on for 10 years?

Should be Friends on the left and How I Met Your Mother on the right.

it was funny

What would a white version of Shenehneh be?

Seinfeld wasn't funny either tho.

he and his show have never made me laugh.

It's a 90's kind of wooorrrlldd, I'm glad I got my girls.

>It's a 90's kind of wooorrrlldd

>yfw you realize leftists have been doing the "it's current year" thing forever

black sitcoms that werent family matters and fresh prince were all shit anyway

A show about a group of friends, how do blacks come up with this stuff?

How dare you!

There are no others like

SHANAYNAY!

She is the one and only!

Remember THAT!

In American, why are blacks so concerned with one upping white people? They have plenty of their own insular media and interests.

we

I always got the sensation that the people who really liked Friends are the type of people who go out to restaurants and have really really loud conversations in public, constantly trying to one-up and razz eachother...like they're the stars of life and everybody else is the audience.

I hate people like that.

god damn you faggots will get triggered by literally anything

>guys if I have shit taste it is their fault

Maybe you only hate Friends because you have no friends yourself?

So black families that acted white?

Hmm, I wonder why those are your favorite

>Martin
>The Steve Harvey Show
>The Wayans Bros
>The Jamie Foxx Show
>Everybody Hates Chris
>The Bernie Mac Show

>implying those shows were shit

>will smith
>jazzy jeff
>acting white

are you white per chance

>woooow how can somebody say something raycist? I mean come on people its 1993 for petes sake!!!

thats exactly what I implied and is fact

The only black guy was jazz.

Will sold out.

>further demonstrating how triggered you are
pathetic

way after fresh prince ended, though

Yeah, those shows are all pretty well shit.

>I never said I hated the show, I just said I did not find it funny, and am curious how anybody possibly could.

maybe you love the show because you imagine that TV characters are your friends?

For real tho it WAS 1993.

Highschool students weren't racist by then.

martin was funnier than any show you can name

funnier looking, because of martins freakishly big ears

as for comedic funny, nah nigga, not even close

Yes.

>Martin
>being obnoxiously stupid is funny, guys
Worst show.

Looking like a little keebler elf.

For real tho, him and pams back and forths :)

my man lord sear said yesterday it was the sanford & son of the 90s and he was right

Friends ripped off the Seinfeld formula. Sitcoms were all "about" something until Seinfeld showed up.

Seinfeld was about 3 selfish self obsessed friends and ones wacky neighbor.

>a show about 3 privileged jews being wrong about everything

truly the most boring show on gods green earf

This. People like to pretend Seinfeld was some game changer, but it really wasn't.

Niggers will always be jealous that whites are further in evolution

All sitcoms ripped off I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners.

>Two shows written and produced by Jews
Fucking whites stealing our culture!

I'm old as fuck and I can tell you that black people didn't even like this show. It was just part of like the Fox Black Comedy Hour so it got good ratings and stuck around. No one actually cared about it.

Now, Martin on the other hand...

Friends wasn't like Seinfeld. Friends did borrow from Living Single, like the concept of single people living in the city. But, Friends was far more memorable and entertaining than Living Single ever was.

All I remember was Queen Latifah and the intro song.

>black sitcoms were all shit anyway
Corrected 4 u senpai.

You forget how popular nigger sitcoms were in the 70s even white people loved them. Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Good Times.

It was a Cosby lie that they never had any good shows starring blacks until he came along with his sleepy pudding.

Friends is Seinfeld and Cheers set in a coffeeshop.

They do the sexual tension of later episodes of cheers.

faggots will deny this up and down but it's true. just take a look of the type of comedy shows that were made before and after seinfeld made it big.

What was Roseanne about?
What was Seinfield about?
inb4 Roseanne finale, which had nothing to do with everything prior

Really nigs my nog.

>What was Roseanne about?
The struggle and strife of working class Americans (mainly).

>What was Seinfield about?
The excessive (but understandably funny) irrational anxieties and obsessions of four self-possessed assholes living in NYC in the 90's.

Nah, living single had significant differences
first off, it focused primarily on the women, and even wrote one of the men out of the show for awhile
second, living single, as the name suggested, was all ABOUT dating and relationships
Friends had plenty of dating, but 60% of it was rachel
Chandler had the weird thing with Janice, then got with monica and stayed
Ross had a few dates, but only one real relationship (outside of Rachel) during the show prior to the last season
Phoebe had even fewer dates. They threw her a bone with Hank Azaria's character, and then paul Rudd.
Joey had... what.. any real relationships?
Monica had Richard and then Chandler.

most of the stories revolved around ridiculous friend bullshit, where most of living single revolved around how dating and work interfered with each other. It was largely a show about women trying to have it all, then realizing they need to decide what they want, cause no one can have it all.

No, but that's pretty much exactly why people like it. All the women I've ever met who like Friends are red wine alcoholics with pleading, desperate eyes.

I'm afraid Mr. Cherry is uninformed about the whole genre of "dating sitcom". After the sitcom was finally able to acknowledge singles fucking, in around 1986, there were a number of shows on that theme. Seinfeld was a reductio ad absurdum of that genre, where the dates get rejected for absurdly picky reasons, and none of the protagonists pretends to have any unselfish impulses. Friends was a greatly watered-down version of that strangeness, which ironically is far more amoral than what it ripped off. Seinfeld's characters are basically bringing all their odd/bad luck on themselves, whereas in Friends odd things happen because gee, life's a funny thing.

Plus Living Single also had a stronger focus on the characters having actual jobs.

Was the Old Testament just a shitty ripoff of the New?

>Closes locker to reveal "nigger"
>Laugh track comes on'

What did they mean by this?

I haven't seen either of these shows, how are they similar?

friends would have been a lot better if they did.

It was a sequel.

I still love Martin. I've seen reruns of Wayans Bros and realized that that show was always shitty. Everybody Hates Chris is great.

>its a "black people whine about something insignificant" episode

true
of all of the friends, Chandler had virtually no character development aside from one episode of him getting over his dad leaving to be a drag queen.
Monica had *some* plot development in how we saw why she was fat, and why she lost the weight, but that was it.

Joey had zero until the 2nd to last season
Rachel is barely ANY different as a person in the last ep as she is in the first. Same with Ross. They never grow.
Phoebe actually had real development, which was weird. Her brother and his old lady, being a surrogate, having a twin sister that fucked her life constantly, the whole thing with her dad, and then of course she is the only one that actually had to chose between two people.

It would have been great if Steve Urkel said, Did I do That?

What's THE BEST black show ever?

The blackest.

I'm trying to remember UPN.

>Phoebe actually had real development, which was weird. Her brother and his old lady, being a surrogate, having a twin sister that fucked her life constantly, the whole thing with her dad, and then of course she is the only one that actually had to chose between two people.

This is because Lisa Kudrow was the talented one.

Speaking of character development, I just remembered when Maxine got breast cancer and it was actually something they stuck with. She dressed differently for the rest of the show because she had to get a mastectomy I think.

Was Living Single actually the superior show of these two? I never saw much of Friends.

Rachel was a spoiled princess who lived of daddy in the beginning who couldn't even make a cup of coffee.

And at the end of the show she's an independent single business woman unselfish mom.

late 80s early 90s chicago was a fuckhuge center of white flight
from 70-2010, the white population was cut in HALF and the bulk of that happened during the 80s and 90s
Chicago public schools had a fuckton of racial tension.

the 70s were a weird fucking time.

can you imagine white people watching a nigger sitcom today? maybe we are more divided than ever.

Friends was the #1 show on tv. The type of people who liked it are: people who were alive in the 90s and 2000s.

>can you imagine white people watching a nigger sitcom today?
black-ish is on the air right now

>And at the end of the show she's an independent single business woman unselfish mom.
No she's not
in the end she's still very very selfish. She ditched thanksgiving so emma could win a cash prize at a baby model contest. Not to mention she basically rebukes joey and then decides she's horny one night and suddenly turns his world upside down, only for it to not go anywhere..
And I'm not convinced she can make a cup of coffee yet.
Ross was right, she CAN'T do it alone. She doesn't, as Ross is raising Emma more than he raised ben, even before the end of the show.

Don't white people watch blackish?

What are other black sitcoms nowadays?

There's the new Marlon Wayne's one.

Well white people watch everything Tyler Perry right?

haha I thought that was "A different world" since the premise is very similar. I never watched this nigger stuff.

So they're both equally about something and nothing?

My family is white and watches Blackish. My mom loves Tyler Perry movies.

i'll give you guys blackish but that's like another white approved "black" sitcom in the vein of family matters, cosby, or fresh prince.

like the other guy said, in the 70s the shows were about actual niggers, not people who basically act like white people but have black skin.

WE WUZ FRANS N SHEIT
IS BE THERE FOR YOUUU

Chandler quit his transponsder job and went into marketing. And Ross got more neurotic and insane with every season.

No, just the type of people who watched network television back when it existed, ie. pay pigs, born for the knife.

Just shut the fuck up if all you're going to do is shitpost.

nobody mentioned France's reboot of The Nanny

huh
wonder what happened
did they shift to dramas like empire? Or reality shows?
Growing up we had Family Matters, Living Single, Martin, Fresh Prince, Sister Sister, Hanging with Mister Cooper, A Different World, and even a sketch comedy show, In Living Color, the wayans brothers, jamie foxx show, the Sinbad show.
what HAPPENED?
Was it just cosby and the wayans getting out of TV?
My wife and Kids was at the start of 2000s, but aside from that, everbody hates chris and now Blackish, and the short lived clay animation show I can't think of any more black sitcoms to come out in nearly 20 years.

Not that user, but this show doesn't ring any bells and I'm 31. I'm Yuropoor though.

And I did recognize Latifah

What happened was that after about a decade of all lifestyles being regarded as legitimate in the 70s (and this was far more mainstream opinion then than it had been in the 60s, which is more usually hailed for that worldview - it was hip thinking then but it didn't reach television's suburban masses until the following decade), people decided they were just sick of living in the real world and wanted to go back to watching an "aspirational" false reality. This ties in with America's inability to accept that it was the bad guy in Vietnam. Reagan happened, and from then on there were only certain legitimate ways to depict poor people, which changed the representation of black people, because the fact that most black people were poor meant that wanting to make shows about black characters meant facing basic economic realities.