>decide to watch SU
>Lapis literally attempts to drown a child

Isn't this for kids?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5KWUnZaZvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peridot tried to smush steven when he first introduced himself

>because you cannot put death in a kids' show
How else are you going to have a generation of NON-pussies?

There was death in Avatar and Korra which were both Y7. SU is PG so they could probably have child drowning if they wanted.

Kids aren't as dumb as you.

Post the screencap where someone claimed the implied death of Jet in ATLA was proof the show was for adults.

This.

Actually, DCAU killed off a couple little girls.

Probably not by pushing down a militarized form of the LBGT movement into their lives.

>militarized form of the LBGT movement
What did he mean by this?

CN cartoons don't fuck with children and show them that the world is a scary and dangerous place. Those who chose to be cheated, choose Nick/Disney.

He meant gay did something besides stand in the background.

I'm more concerned with how quickly Steven forgave her for that, and for stealing the ocean, and for raping Jasper for no reason (she could've said no), and for letting Malachite's personality take over which almost killed Alexandrite.
I get that Steven's role is to see the good in everyone, but eventually he will be wrong and it's going to get someone killed.
>My waifu dindu nuffin! She only stole the ocean in self-defense!

>CN cartoons don't fuck with children and show them that the world is a scary and dangerous place.
No? Steven avoided avoided a natural disaster and made friends with two people who wanted to kill him through THE POWER OF LOVE

Let me give you a fair warning.

SU is a dark fuckin' show. Some shit happens in it that will fuck with you mentally, more so than any CN cartoon to date. Watch it at your own risk.

Is this a copypasta?

>He said "PISSED"

CN is more open to edgier themes in their cartoons.

That's honestly one of the shows biggest problems: It has a massive "everyone's a winner
" mentality when it comes to its characters.

Sup Forums go home

>Steven's role is to see the good in everyone

Yup. Pretty sure one of the episodes blatantly pointed that out, or at least thats how Rose worked. So it would make sense that Steven would do the same thing, only with an extremely childlike naivete. You could say its brash and stupid, but its apparently brought peace between at least two mortal enemies, with Lapis being practically all-powerful

>but eventually he will be wrong and it's going to get someone killed

He was already almost killed by eyeball Ruby, and in turn had to fucking kill her. Practically the same with Bismuth, after she nearly murdered him. Were just lucky those casualties have all been on the other side.

If you've never watched any other show or movie or cracked open a book or even looked at a cave drawing in your life, then this is true.

Korra had a guy murder an elderly woman on-screen without any ambiguity. Hell, even fucking Ninja Turtles on Nickelodeon had this:
youtube.com/watch?v=T5KWUnZaZvE

I can't tell what the fuck is happening. But it SOUNDED like someone got impaled

It has like, 2 dark episodes and even those aren't anything on say a Batman Beyond level. I love the show, but don't say shit like this.

Technically that wasn't a little girl. Wasn't she part of Clayface?

The Turtles and Shredder are working together to stop a larger threat. As they're trying to disarm a bomb that will destroy the Earth, Shredder sticks his claws through Splinter's chest, murdering him. Then he declares that nothing else matters, because he won, and the world blows up.

Then fix it with time travel about 20 episodes later.

Why a kid show isn't allowed to drown a child

Pixar has been killing characters for years.
Way give a shit about something ALMOST happening?

Name one children's cartoon that dealt with abusive relationships.

Go on. I'm waiting.

Batman: The Animated Series

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Powerpuff Girls

That's off the top of my head though. Other shows have probably done it too.

>This is what SU haters actually believe

Adding to the others, Young Justice

Mom from ten years ago please get off Sup Forums.

>BTFO almost instantly
Get the fuck off this site, underage.

Sure, he solved shit peacefully, but that doesn't detract from the many times he's been in life or death situations.
And then there's the whole Bismuth thing.

Steven aside, it's like that for many CN characters.
Regular Show's crew is constantly in deadly situations, and people have been full on gored in the show (but played off as a joke) at least once with the radio dj guy getting a record through the chest.
And Finn's gotten a ton of punishment and lost his arm on two occasions now.

What is with people thinking "Kids show must have complete aversion to death"? The most popular Disney film of all time involved Mufassa's death. Hell, does anyone remember the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? What is it with people thinking any threat on life in a kids show makes it "not for kids"?

Hell, when I was younger, I thought characters dying was the hypest shit.

you dont even have to think much
>adventure time

this

I remember that episode where mojo jojo fired some lasers on the city, making a hole on one of the characters

plus the bubbles angry now moment

holy fuck that was awesome

batman beyond is shit lol

There was an episode devoted to a guy trying to kidnap his daughter after he lost her in a custody battle.

Not even gonna bother responding but you really think just having abusive relationships make the show the darkest cartoon ever?

Do you see a guy slap his girlfriend and get PTSD from that or something? It's not that big of a deal.

Its diet Madoka Magica.

Yes, and yes, Lapis is worst gem.

She killed the whales. The whales!

I heard that Pearl is guilty of rape?

Is this true?

Batman the Animated Series had Joker shove Harley Quinn out a 4 story window!

Subs can't rape.

>something REMOTELY bad happens
>omg so dark dis aint for kidz :O
. . .

>Tried to be a snarky asshole to some user
>All while defending Steven Universe of all shows
>Got knocked down all his notches until his pants fell off

Feels good.

You think that's dark? Then you take a look at Disney (aka their kill count)
But really dark stuff has been in kids/family stuff for years tv shows, movies etc.

Fusion is sometimes a metaphor for sex.

So, there was one episode in which Pearl and Garnet fuse and break down a communication tower. Pearl liked how she felt strong in that fusion, so she wanted to try it again. So she rebuilt the communication tower in secret so she could fuse with Garnet again and again and again...

When Garnet found out, she wasn't very happy and stopped talking to Pearl for a while.

It's like getting to have sex with someone by lying to them, which is rape... I think?

The truth of the matter is if all children were forced to fight to the death at age 10 in a gladiatorial pit to weed out the weak and incompetent, we'd have a better population.

Sure, I'd be dead but the world would be a better place

She didn't rape him, but she used to kiss his little winkie.

It's actually deeply disturbing to me that there are no consequences and holding a grudge against attempted murder is a frowned upon.

So basically YOU'RE a pussy.

Sad.

and you`d have a whole world of jocks without any of the smart nerdish types.
Welcome to the world of mad max.

How most people became scat fetishists

Courage the cowardly dog did An abusive relationship, accepting people's faults and Lesbianism in the same episode

What's the context

Hey man, she was just stressed out is all.

She was going through some rough shit.

>Jocks can't be smart

You might as well say Blacks only count as 3/5ths people

The curry wouldn't hurry to take the poo to the loo. So Lapis was helping.

>"everyone's a winner"

Except the Homeworld Rubies, Jasper, and Bismuth.

ever notice how like 99% of innovators are not jocks?

>Jocks can't be smart

Terry Crews builds his own PC

>
>
>Courage the cowardly dog did An abusive relationship, accepting people's faults and Lesbianism in the same episode

This. The episode was called 'The Mask,' I think.

It also dealt with both misogyny and misandry within the same episode. Whodda thunk, an open dialogue.

Dilworth was surprised it even got aired.

Tons of anime. Tons of cartoons from European countries. And quite a few American ones as well.

Disney's Beauty and the Beast for example.

Yeah, which century did he do that in?

And what, exactly, were Antiquarian philosophers? Or any intellectual before the age of automation or advanced medicine?

So is the majority of Don Bluths work. Kids need to see violence and dark shit occasionally.

not jocks, thats for sure

>Kids need to see violence and dark shit constantly.

Fixed. Only way to keep them from getting soft.

Now

Not real human so it doesn't count

Death to all clay people

Don't forget all the cruel and unusual worse-than-death situations in series like Batman Beyond.

Hell, in one late Batman:TAS episode, some guy extorts Freeze to get his own cryo suit, but in the end, gets thwarted and frozen into a huge ice cube at the bottom of the sea. Afterward, Robin just kinda casually muses about how with the coldness and lowered metabolism and the suit, he'll actually be alive down there.
Frozen in place, with complete sensory deprivation.
Forever.

>thinkgeek store in the mall today
>board games
>steven universe monopoly

Antiquarian philosophers had from birth until young adulthood to train both body and mind until they fought in the military, served their mandatory years, then returned to society to further their intellectual and physical pursuits and likely become politicians or something.

If the law is that you have to fight to the death by 10, you better goddamn believe no one is going to waste time training them in intellectual pursuits beyond the strategies of man-to-man combat. The kid who has trouble doing basic addition but has been purely training in combat for 10 years will always survive compared to the kid who understands the biology and mentality of humans from various ages and backgrounds but had to squeeze in combat training in addition to scholarly lessons.

It's part of Lapis culture why can't you look at it from HER point of view she dindu nuffin!

my sister once got Adventure Time Munchkin for christmas and we played it as a family.

It was actually kinda fun. Most memorable thing was that everyone got a person as their character card, with fiona & cake gender swaps on the reverse.
Each character had their own passive power, and one of the fun ones was that BMO was immune to all gender shit and was the same on both sides of the card.

Wait, till you get to the genocide, the space nazis, the slavery, the weapons of mass destruction, bestiality and the endless lesbianism.

Oh, the lesbianism

>blowing shit between the lines out of proportion to get people to watch your shit

Those fucking cat fingers.

You have to go back

>not turning your fingers into tiny cats and having them lick your balls

You can't be this retarded. This has to be false flag, right?

Goddamnit, I like the show. But I don't like it THAT much.

Sex under false pretenses or by deception is a form of rape, yes.

That's in like 3 episodes out of like 100 at this point

Still doesn't hold a candle to japanese kid shows.