Why does Sup Forums like this again?

Literally White Guilt: The Movie.

I think it's 'cos lisbeth olsen is in it.

I barely saw any threads on it when it was new and yours is the first I have seen on it in over a week. I don't think it was that popular here. that being said I liked it because it had good characters and acting, solid development for the two main characters, action scenes that actually feel tense and have a real sense of danger and a simple but not entirely predictable plot that is highly polished and doesn't go up it's own ass trying to be something it's not. also the cinematography was excellent, as expected from the guy that did Sicario and Hell or High Water. The didn't really get white guiltish until the last 15 or so minutes and even then it was very mild compared to almost any other movie in recent years. also it threw some surprising plot elements into it towards the end. I liked it.

>cinematography was excellent, as expected from the guy that did Sicario and Hell or High Water.
He only did scripts

I was just about to watch this because the reviews were good.

Is it shit?

i liked it and would rec it. One of the better movies of this year certainly

is this about cops trying to arrest an polar bear?

Except white people save the day sweetie :^)

Yes.

there was literally a thread about it earlier today you retard.

>Except white guilted people save the day
Fix'd.

I thought she was great. Very subtle and fun. Her character was inexperienced but courageous and determined.

She cared about people and justice.

The film actually took its time with characters and was focused on humanity.

Despite the bleakness, the film was never cynical.

reddit: the post

this movie was basically a longmire episode

It's great, a very emotional movie,it's focused on character rather than plot.

stop trying to fit in theres no secret club

Thats what this movie is about???

D R O P P E D

Fucking libcuck hollywood with their gender flipping reboots and their race swapping remakes. Now even their "original films" suck!!! When will it end?!?!

It's fucking shit, basically a worse version of a bland villenueve film with shitty capeshit actors

>double spacing
>that pretentious anke-deep "analysis"
back to lebbit

Renner, Olsen, and Bernthal are all white and all are portrayed as admirable, good people.

The film is about grief and loss more than anything else.

Jeremy Renner is a terrible actor who keeps getting roles because he tows the political line.

>tows

Could've been a great movie, instead it was mediocre.

The major problem I had with it is just how incredibly shallow the villains were, there is no excuse for that level of bad writing and one dimensional characterization. It would of been more believable if they all just barged into the room and gangraped her, instead a normal group of drunk guys all coalesce around the drunkest out of nowhere for the sake of plot and murder bernthal.

Also, renner's daughter who died in the same exact way as the girl who's murder he is currently investigating and who was also his daughters bff.

The ending of the guy running in the mountain and dying after 15 feet. Altitude/cold don't quite work like that. Every single scene with renner and the daughters father were fantastic though

We don't just meet the 'villains' at the end of the film, out of the blue. They're parallel to the young indian guys, their motivation and behaviour is largely the same. MM'ask you sumthing and the girl are one from each group, both groups get into a gunfight, both are frustrated living in close confines, both are oppressed by the bleak landscape, both are self medicating to cope, and both groups would have been capable of the rape/ murder. Both are also btfo by Renner who is an enigma that thrives in the harsh environment.

You're supposed to view all the young men as a collective, and then they're more developed, richer characters.

>It would of been more believable if they all just barged into the room and gangraped her
That would've been retarded. Why would they do that to their coworker's gf? They're not animals. The scene showed the situation escalating in part because of the drunk fuck and in part because the Punisher couldn't keep his cool.

M'ask u something rick did absolutely nothing wrong

Okay, I'm back on board. But I gotta lotta shit going on, I don't need to feel guilty about what other people have done and why it's all my fault.

If this film does me like that, i'm coming for... (You).

That would have been fine if they didn't go back and show "this is exactly what happened" with the scene of the rape then, by doing that they erased that parallel in favor of absolutely pisspoor characterization of the drunks. The scene was awkward and poorly written would've been better left without that scene

>a normal group of drunk guys
They aren't 'normal guys', they're rapists and murderers.

I really wanted to enjoy this but something simply didn't click.

Though I liked the flashback as she knocked on the door and the confrontation leading up to it was intense as well. Guess I was just expecting a bigger mystery to unfold regarding the murder

lost my shit when LEMME ASK U SUMETHIN showed up though

does he ask anyone sumn?

they weren't before plot forced them to be

They were just good boys? They dindu nuffin?

>Rapists and murderers aren't rapists and murders until they rape and murder
We got a real philosopher here.