Thoughts on the 1st episode of the new season of saturday night live?

thoughts on the 1st episode of the new season of saturday night live?

only liked it because the goose was loose.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/914345260821762049
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was unfunny crap but when I saw that Reddit meme on the screen I knew it was going to be a whole new level of crap.

>feeling

jews get paid for this schlock

hahaha i know what memes are

they didnt actually overlay those words in the broadcast right?..right?

they are possibly appealing the the lowest demographic to make up for shit ratings right?... r-right?

Yes. That's an actual screencap of the joke from the episode.

ANYONE GOT A LINK

>watching snl

It was literally never good.

well. it's officially over.

they aren't even stealing video clips anymore...now it's just live action image macros

twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/914345260821762049

>saturday night live's ratings are tanking
>guys how do we appeal to millennials to have them watch our shitty show?
>guys what if we just do sketches about memes??

Sad.

remember trump literally called puerto ricans lazy and provided no aid

i cant find the episode anywhere wtf

Are you implying he's wrong? They're lazy mongrels who deserve to suffer.

believe it or not the ratings are up. they always go up in election years and were at historic lows with a bad cast.

So they are up but not exactly high. I bet more people watch Le 2016 Man in a week on HBO and HBO go than watch SNL live or on Hulu.

Is Kate McKinnon still in the cast, unable to move forward with her career because she can only play smug lesbians?

The only way SNL could amuse me is if they got Lorne Michaels himself on screen and brought on a group of BLM protesters to torture him like they did that autistic guy.

>We pride ourselves on the fact that our comedy "punches up" and this season we promise to punch even higher.
>...yeah... but not too high, we don't want to end up in some history book next to a picture of pepe the frog
was a good joke in all honesty

Why does Lorne think that nobody remembers the thousands of hours of satirically worthless material that his show was built on? SNL never spoke truth to power, it made jokes about famous people, some of whom happened to be politicians. It also targeted gays and foreigners, the latter only last season, where one sketch's joke was literally that French and German people exist. SNL has always been about quantity over quality, with the essentially pointless liveness the alibi for how underrehearsed and underwritten 99% of sketches are. It's a good year for SNL if they get two bits in a season that are remembered three years later.

How is that a good joke, it's just acknowledging a meme so mainstream that Hillary Clinton was talking about it a year ago?

A better joke would be "this year we'll be doing fewer sketches about Trump, as Alec Baldwin realized his career was in a rut".

>he didn't see the women weekend at Bernies

What, they've made another attempt to sell her off the back of a remake of something liked by normal people?

>meme
pepe is a meme, but not the outcry, its registered in just about every database that tracks hate symbols

If I wanted to watch Democratic propaganda I'd go on their Facebook page.