How come when other shows have boys cross dress its considered hot or funny but when Steven Universe does it...

How come when other shows have boys cross dress its considered hot or funny but when Steven Universe does it, its cringe?
Whats with the bias?

Because it's not funny.

Well I thought it was funny.

I can for sure understand why it wasn't considered hot though.

Because Steven is cringe incarnate.

pic related

because Steven's a chubbymcchubster.

Crossdressing itself isn't a joke. The joke usually comes from somewhere else, like characters' reactions to it. Nobody during that scene really reacted any differently than if he had been wearing his normal clothes. (which, I guess, might have been the intended joke, but it went on for a full minute)

Nobody liked that episode, it's the worst SU episode.

While some people find this scene amusing, others don't for a few reasons such as general bias against the show and the terrible fanbase reading too much into it.

But really, the real reason people didn't like it, and let's be honest here, is because he's fat.

I think it was meant to be played for laughs with how overtly girlish Steven was acting, but a combination of overly-zealous parts of the fanbase/hatebase, a bad rap that similar elements of the show had gotten, it airing in what's widely considered one of the worst episodes of the show, and made it have a much worse reception than it otherwise would have.

>when Steven Universe does it, its cringe?
More like arousing to be honest

I thought it was funny

>Greg didn't have an awkward reaction
>Greg didn't tell his son afterward that they should have a talk

They really fucked up some good believable funny here

get out of the board, David Cameron

>rrible fanbase reading too much into it.
no this show is rotten to the core
SU is the single most SJW fanservice out there
It's all about diversity und shit like this
if you have kids don't let them watch this.
It will mess with their brains. and in the schools are already 1000 different toilets try to explain this to a kid

but muh acceptance

This is the correct answer. If the cut to the audience led to Lars going, "Who is that beautiful girl? I've never seen her around town before!" it would be funny. But the fact that it cuts to the Pizza Family saying, "I knew it would be Steven!" "Oh Mawmaw, you always know best." as if either exchanges were a punchline in any form just made it look like some kind of message about how acceptable crossdressing is.

And soapbox messages aren't funny. Although I'm not surprised most of the SU crew doesn't understand the basics of constructing a joke.

because once someone sees tumblr elements, everything in it becomes a tumblr element

Steven isn't hot nor funny. He's an insipid, ugly, fat, annoying faggot.

Marco, on the other hand, is both.

Steven cross dressing was like the best part of that awful awful episode

people think SU is trying to brainwash kids into being gay and they think that Steven cross dressing has something to do with that plan, you know Sugar's homosexual jewish conspiracy or whatever it is Sup Forums thinks is behind shit they dislike anymore

Getting your rocks off to Steven wasn't supposed to be a selling point of the show anyways.

Marco is shit

cause you dont crossdress fat boys, nigga. male crossdressing is always about cute effeminate little boys with lean figures, not fatties.

I think the biggest problem for it was that it came as a big payoff joke at the end of an episode that had no joke nor joke build-up whatsoever, it was entirely about a characters severe anxiety and an overbearing mother who exacerbated it to the point of a mental breakdown. and at the climax of the tension, Steven puts on a dress.