Gamergate

Please explain for me why it's meant to be such an issue.
Aside from a few feminist nags attempting to subvert a hobby and amateur developers prostituting themselves for favorable reviews, what is the big deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5k1jx0tWwU
youtube.com/watch?v=lnSRUHYD5Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=AkPlcgY1ya4
reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4zswdn/crash_override_network_leaks_megathread/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MOOOOOODDDDDDSSSSS

Ugly women

It was a series of escallations.

First of all the original drama
Then the uncovering of favoritism
Then the downplaying and covering up
Then the media colluded to say gamers are dead with like 13 identical op ed pieces over 2 days
Then the collusion mailing list was uncovered
Then denial of this and censorship by major sites like Sup Forums and reddit
Then the SJWs tried to spin history to make it about misogyny

Every turn was taking a shit on gamers and every time they tried to correct the record or be reasonable the left escalated until eventually they'd gone too far and hardened the gaming community against them.

ATTENTION: CTR IS FREAKING THE FUCK OUT BECAUSE OF THE RECENT KKKILLARY KKKLINTON KKKAMPAIGN KKKATASTROPHE.

SHILLS ARE DESPERATELY SPAMMING POL WITH ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DISTRACT FROM THE KKKILLARY KKKLINTON BODY KKKOUNT.

C T R
FUCKING
SUICIDAL

Gamergate did 9/11

It never was big deal, that's the whole thing about gamergate. Some very minor drama happened in gaming circles and all of a sudden it gets censored on every major site, from reddit to Sup Forums to specific gaming sites and forums. Thing was so bizarre and completely out of proportion people started digging up stuff because whole thing just didn't make sense. Frankly it still doesn't seem all that clear why media colluded to such an extent to bury this minor drama that would have been forgotten in a week otherwise. Corruption in games "journalism" is nothing new and it's as old as gaming "journalism" itself. The sudden unexplained effort to censor otherwise unremarkable story is what the whole thing is about.

Nigga, I'm not with her.
Pic related. That's me.

Nvm Nigga, dis me @ Trump rally.

That's really all it was?
Anyone who looks at reviews before release and after knows they collude to sell games they know are shit. It's pretty obvious when "professionals" review something positively and players hate it.

Yeah, but it showed how much social justice has infected the media. It's an easy way for a gamer to get redpilled.

The issue is dead. Its a non problem now leave shill.

Remember remember blah blah blah
Moot sold us out
Zoey Quinn is a whore
Such and such
Twas a shit time for Sup Forums
Blah blah blah
Zoey Quinn ruined everything

Leftists thought "gamers" were untapped liberal audience, turned out they were angry agressive shut-ins and attempts to communicate with them backfired.

It wouldn't have exploded if Moot didn't order to stop all conversation of it anywhere

Any new pics of Sarkeesian? Last I saw she was getting a bit fat

Oh boy, look up history of corruption in games "journalism", you can find stories from Amiga days. Actually they used to be more obvious and upfront about it than nowadays. Corruption is not some big revelation or anything new unless you're new to the hobby yourself

It was a scandal *gate that games were violent and anti feminist or something like that? I know Moot became very unpopular and calling him a luggage lad and a cuck.

I want to hatefuxk Anita

She unlocked the fat cunt achievement.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5k1jx0tWwU

That is a a shop right?

Because reasons, you misogynist fat fuck !

youtube.com/watch?v=lnSRUHYD5Ts

I bet Donald Trump wouldn't even be winning right now if it weren't for Gamergate.

Tata boy, Anita. You dun good.

I'm not shilling for shit. I lived the life of a semi hermit in the mountains for three long years and I'm trying to catch up.

I think the same thing happened with "metalgate".

It ratcheted itself up from obscure forum drama posts to worldwide internet lockdown over the course of about two months.

Fucking insane shit. No going back after seeing all that go down.

Autism incarnate. Embarrassment to all gamers.

>Please explain for me why it's meant to be such an issue.
>Issue
Listening to what a woman is nagging about is not an issue, it is simply retarded.

Would you listen to the crazy ramblings of a guy in a mental asylum? I bet you wouldn't, so why listen to someone with even less mental capacity such as a woman or a nigger?

>People of low IQ do not matter.

GG is an alt-right bootcamp.

You arrive thinking "Why would they censor boobs in my vidya ?!"

You depart knowing "it's cultural engineering by the globalist who have an agenda of destroying the West by castrating its men and subverting its values"

>fatsarkeesian.jpg
be impressed if she has any orbiters left at this weight desu

Metal gate never took off.

Metal heads are easily the nicest people on earth with their own, but start an argument...

What is that? I presume something to do with music "journalism" and heavy metal.

SJW made people feel bad about liking things.

Finally someone who defends the honor of women.

I could not endure 15 seconds of this, I could feel the tumors forming in my brain!

Women are always asking for it, even if they don't realize it.

Just looking at this stupid dyke's face makes me want to punch her right in the nose!

It was one piece complaining about metal heads saying 'faggot,' too much.

As an enthusiast that's been my experience. No one in mosh pits even fights with unwilling participants, not at the shows I've been too anyway.

Haha, That's new!

>"Gamergate"

Get cucked by the PRC recently?

What's extremely telling is that there has never been a Rap Gate.
>be feminist
>need something to be offended by
>rap boom tak boooom bookmark niggas bitches slurs and goes I bend em over they grab their toes I cum on their face put bitches in their place yeah uh niggas and goes
>video games and books
>which one will feminists target
>well rap = black and we can't oppression Olympics our way out of that one so....target gamers!!
Their lack of diversity in their attempts to diversify us is telling.

average gger confirmed for poz

Gamergate objectives

1. Engage a non political parties in politics

Done , that was it,now almost every gamer is involved in politics, even people who has a lot to loose is involved, like pewpew.

Is there any concrete evidence of manipulation to suit an agenda or is it more like useful idiots jumping on crap social trends to sell more laserdisc entertainment units?

It was more about corrupt gaming journalists who were literally in bed with the SJW shills than just the SJW shills by themselves.

Regardless of if you give a shit about gaming you have to cry foul at journalists working in a multi billion dollar industry who can be bought and sold for by a fucking blowjob. All while smugly looking down at the people they rely on to survive.

>Frankly it still doesn't seem all that clear why media colluded to such an extent to bury this minor drama that would have been forgotten in a week otherwise.
>mfw someone was probably exposing the real truth of 9/11 but everyone was too concerned with tits and ass made of pixels to pay attention

They don't seem to like Tyler the creator.

I guess you can push anyone too far.

>Feminism intensifies

I've seen a bit on pol regarding him. Do you think he's trying to keep his audience as they age?
I think he lives in Sweden, not sure, events with refugees there might explain his shift in attitude.

Well, there was no letter saying
> I, Michael Smith, chose to put black characters instead of white to further promote diversity and race-mixing.
> Made in New-York, 5th Sep. 2015
> J. Smith

But I agree a big part was probably dumb marketers jumping on a bandwagon which was speeding off a cliff.

>9/11 did Gamergate

Are you autistic? He had the fucking fedora picture, it was satire because that image has been a meme for literally years. It's about a fat neckbeard beta nice guy who says 'milady'

Slow down and use your brain, inbreed.

Feminist slam poetry is like a goldmine of cuntiness.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkPlcgY1ya4

I know man, it's the last place you'd expect etiquette but it's always there.

> lose phone/hat - people will help you look
> moshed on crutches - no special treatment
> Fall over - they'll help you up or out of the pit.

I've only ever been to shows in my city though, think it'll be the same at a big one?

Get cucked by any Mexicans recently?

It goes deeper

WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT ABOUT GAMERGATE? WHEN THIS WAS A THING I COULDN'T STAND COMING TO POLL WHY DIG IT UP WHO THE FUCK IS ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING IT ITS CANCER

*nods respectfully in your direction*

pol my phone autocorrected to poll

KEK

YOU*RE THE FUCKING SHILL YOU PIECE OF SHIT

THE PROBLEM IS NOT OVER THIS IS THE FRONTLINE MOTHERFUCKER GET BACK IN LINE

THEY WILL NEVER STOP UNTIL WE ARE DEAD OR THEY ARE DEAD

God daam, that face is almost as punchable as cuck carl's.

dude you gotta be in a mood to watch feminist slam poetry... I gotta work in a few hours and I can't work myself and get all angry before work

This is pretty spot on desu. I think gamers are losers but they are my favourite kind of losers because they are actually focused on self-improvement even if it is motivated by autism.

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4zswdn/crash_override_network_leaks_megathread/

Highlights (thanks to Sup Forums, Ian Miles & everyone else)

Zoe Quinn admits to deliberately sabotaging Polaris Game Jam.

Randi Harper doxes GamerGate supporters through GamerGate Facebook groups, Katherine Cross supoprts her

Regularly harass and dox GamerGate supporters.

CON members discuss that one of their goals is to make it so "GamerGaters" are fired and never find work aga

Target disabled veteran for disagreeing with their clique.

CON lied about the involvement of Rob Marmolejo (@UnseenPerfidy), who was recently accused of having sexually harassed up 20 women, while working for CON.

CON lied about the involvement of Israel "Izzy" Galvez (@iglvzx), who was recently shown to be associated with known trolls and who was just recently exposed as party to the failed doxing attempt of Twitter user @mombot.

CON targets Justine Tunney and Liana Kerzner, work to get them fired.

Group tries to frame Hotwheels as pedophile.

Allegedly try to get authorities to go after Milo.

Group worked to "destroy" Youtubers MundaneMatt and Thunderf00t.
Wikipedia editor Ryulong may have had close ties with group, despite editing Wikipedia article as "supposed neutral"

Photoshopping people into embarrassing photos, targeting people for personal grudges, threatening violence on people should they ever meet, etc.

Do you motherfuckers understand now? DO YOU? Let me spell it out one more time for the densest among you.

This. Is. Not. Just. About. Video games.

These people want to destroy those of you who speak out and control the rest. You've seen them talk on twitter and tumblr, they will happily put you to death if they could and drink your tears while doing so. Video games is one front of a much larger war. It does not begin or end with video games and if you don't fight you are going to lose so much more than just a hobby. This is the end of the war, they have been winning it for years. Gamergate was a surprise resistance that popped up after our "forces" had been routed and slaughtered on the altar of social justice for decades. If you want to live in a world where some histrionic pampered brat and her sniveling cohorts can cry harassment and shut down entire websites then yeah sure do nothing just protect the vidya I guess. If that idea disgusts you then it is time to stand up if you haven't already and fight them on every level. Remember Shirtgate? Remember how they made a motherfucking scientist cry on what should have been the best day of his life? Over a shirt? It's not just about video games these people are monsters in human skin. Fight them!

At this point I can't tell if it's a pro neckbeard meme or anti neckbeard meme.

Protip: Anyone who cares about this shit either way is a neckbeard.

this. a bunch of intellectually-nigger single-issue self-important 20-somethings thought they could pile on the vast spectrum that reaches from defenseless passive nerdy manchildren down to 14 year old kids who have something they like (an xbox). they were fucking wrong, lol, and nobody even needed to ride in to the rescue.

Cringe as fuck.
>I'm not an unproductive manbaby that will never reproduce, I'm a hero!
Inb4 faggots miss the point and try and call me a feminist or SJW.

>communicate
more like "bully into good-think."

zoey quinn fucked some critics to get better ratings on her shitty game then rebbit blew it up and acted like it was a war on women or something

it was super fucking cringey

it doesn't sound like that to me. it sounds more like
>we are unproductive autistic manchildren that could only reproduce by accident
>...and SJWs want to corner our beliefs and put us in their pocket
>think about that
>in our worldview we already have pegged anything that challenges our safety blanket as a fictional video game boss anyway

maybe people will "miss the point" because you didn't make a valid one? he definitely did, cringey as it is.

But the memes spawned were worth it.

"Eerily realistic"

Lol nope
I wach one of his " political " videos
He is as sleep as they come

#nonwoke
#lostboys
#pawns

I'll call you a shill, how about that.

Your "cringe" response is a kneejerk reaction to something that is sincere and true, is just an indication that you have no conviction and ultimately you're probably a cuck that should kill himself

It goes much deeper than some bitch sleeping around for favours, but you haven't actually studied it, you're just here to pass judgement to feel superiour, even though you're an ignorant sheep.

please see or kys

>actually studied it
>e-celeb drama

Cringe.

what? thats exactly what happened. i didnt pick any """"side"""" because it was all fucking stupid hence why reddit was behind most of it

It just not E-celeb drama you normie pleb.

you have to read more, which is something I suspect you're not used too

see the images in these posts;
This is about meta issues, like geopolitics and 4th generation warfare, history is being made and you're too ignorant to see it

What's with the mexican hoop earrings and the sharpie marking pen eyebrows? How tall is she? 5'3"? (one metre)

>you normie pleb
wow you got me good man

youre so fucking autistic. all that sjw shit was after the fact. think im getting baited anyways

There were connections to common core and DARPA

You didn't even read what I sourced you, so there is no helping you.

Have fun dooming future Americans into a dystopian nightmare of servitude to the oligarch plutocrats.

That's because he directly attacks the cyberbullying nonsense part of their bullshit oppression point generation system.
Any P.O.C is a target that must be shut down if they directly contradict their narrative.

For the record, I too thought GG was a joke at first and stayed miles away from that shitshow.

Then when the dust had settled I got curious and investigated a bit.

Take it or leave it.

Wasn't "Dank Memes" coined then too?

Who'd think it all started with shit game journalism to end up leading to Trump for President.

It was a light red pill for a lot of people, even now my gaming friends who are pretty liberal are now always looking for the context for any kind of coverage or news media.

The people who joined up in the beginning are at least partially excused because they were being riled up by widespread disinformation (example: the Iraq War).

If you joined up later then you must be legit retarded.

Feminists tried to ruin the next thing (gaming) and we fought back hard is the TL;DR of it really

He who says retard is himself retarded.

You have no arguement and it is evident beyond a doubt you're only passing prejudice here. Your own ego is preventing you from reading further.

I pity you user.

>passing prejudice

I do tend to judge retards without know them.

Probably the bigger it is the more assholes will be there but I figure the ethic is still there. I went with a cast on my arm and still had a great time in the crowd. no ragrets.

he who speaks like a walking talking famous quote generator is himself retarded

Wow, this audio terrorism should be a crime.

Women hate not getting attention from attractive men. Common causes of this are:

1. Popular Video Games
2. More attractive women

Mix the two and you get gamergate, it was bound to happen.

Proof: Note how they never give attention to how these attractive digital women are exemplary feminists who excel at male-dominated fields (combat roles and scientist roles).

Nah you're right that it is a bit cringey. It acknowledges the faults of gamers but also attempts to make them appear menacing and comes off as pretty cringe.

It's got some grains of truth, but as a professional gamer I can say that 99% of you all fucking suck and you're not worth shit. Anything outside of the top 0.001% of gamers is absolute trash.