youtube.com/watch?v=SZnKrvOyN6M
youtube.com/watch?v=AGb0y7pm52g
youtube.com/watch?v=8KpZRJ4HE4Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Blade runner 2049 is better than Blade runner
You probably haven't even seen it yet.

>Aliens is better than Alien

Leave Ridley alone. He's a good filmmaker.

yeah and?

>Prometheus is better than Alien Covenant

at this point he needs to retire

>whips the "Studio Interference" card out of his deck

"Your move, user."

this.
Convenant was fucking awful, literally friday the 13th tier.

no one likes aliens more you fucking pleb

are they making a new aliens movie after covenant? why did robot man kill all the ogre dudes with the black dust stuff when he landed in covenant? why did the prometheus lady land on that planet in the first place? why did robot man kill her to make alien babies? just to create? thats stupid. and why doesnt he think humans are deserving of living? when clearly they prove time and again they deserve to survive.

also, is alien covenant the prequel to ex machina? :^)

actually alot of people prefer aliens over alien

no one who has any taste.

>why did robot man kill all the ogre dudes with the black dust stuff when he landed in covenant?

alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-explains-why-david-bombed-engineers
>According to Scott, the Engineers periodically visit worlds they've seeded with life and occasionally will "wipe the slate clean" if they discover their offspring have lost their way. Much like the catastrophes described in biblical times when God grew tired of Mankind, the Engineers too, would eradicate entire generations of species if they proved to be a disappointment.
>If the planet went wrong, they would want to wipe it clean. But that could take 500 years. When they revisit – because different visitors would come back and see we’re not doing so well – they would look at these human beings that are jerks, that are killing the planet, killing themselves, can’t settle down, they’re like a bunch of children. We should wipe it clean.
>Following on, Ridley explains that David has no respect for Engineers or Humanity and actually have developed a hatred of their species collectively:
>He hates them. He has no respect for Engineers and no respect for human beings.

haha thanks but thats such a basic reason for David to be like that. "just because"

you can keep sperging on Sup Forums all you want. Aliens was great

>are they making a new aliens movie after covenant?

Yes. Guess Ridley has a lot of weight at Fox.

>why did robot man kill all the ogre dudes with the black dust stuff when he landed in covenant?

Ogre dudes were another race seeded by the Engineers (not Engineers themselves, which is why they plainly have shaved heads and aren't as pale). David wanted to develop the black goo further before attacking both the Engineers and humanity.

>why did the prometheus lady land on that planet in the first place?

She entered hypersleep on their derelict ship because she was starting to die from black goo exposure.

>why did robot man kill her to make alien babies?

David may have inadvertently killed her when he tried to revive her, and used her body as a test bed anyway.

why doesnt he think humans are deserving of living?

His believes his "race", androids, have superseded them. He's developing the xenomorphs as his shock troops to wipe out all competition.

You're trying too hard. You need to accept that Scott is smarter than you.

scott is a great director but he cant write nor discern good writing from shit

wait he directed gladiator and black hawk down? wtf?

>"just because"
Let's look back at the two movies, user. David is a product of Weyland's vanity, unambiguously intended as a masterpiece who surpasses man in intelligence and lifespan. Nevertheless, Weyland immediatly makes it clear that David is a servant, born a slave. Humans aren't kind to David. They cast doubt on his agency, insist that he has no soul, that he isn't a real person. An effort is made to point out that his appearance is a deception. Recall the scene in Prometheus where David's idyllic solitude of learning is disrupted when the crew wakes up and he becomes surrounded by drowsy and puking humans.

interesting where he takes the next movie. it will be more about A.I. versus humans than aliens versus humans

Allen was clearly superior though

>Alien is better than Aliens
>Ridley Scott is better than James Cameron
These people need to be gassed

>that feel when the trailers are better than the actual movie

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

every fucking time

You're either meming here or autistic. A single movie does not represent an entire filmography or a director's talent (which changes by the year, just as George Lucas).

The hunt for red october is a better 'underwater movie' than the abyss, but that doesn't mean jon mctiernan is a better director than cameron, even if he still strike gold three times yet struck out every other time.

Alien > Aliens
Duellists > Barry Lyndon
Black Hawk Down > Top Gun
Gladiator > Spartacus
KoH > Ben Hur

It's not

>He thinks James Cameron is good

could not be anymore reddit

Wrong on literally every count except Top Gun, what is wrong with you?

>reddit

Patrician

>Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were... I can't remember if Hampton agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, “Well, isn't it corny?” I said, “Listen, I'll be the best f#@king judge of that. I'm the director, okay?” So, and that, you learn -- you know, by then I'm 44, so I'm no f#@king chicken. I'm a very experienced director from commercials and The Duellists and Alien. So, I'm able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, “You know, back off, it's what it's gonna be.” Harrison, he was never -- I don't remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, “Uh, I don't know about that.” I said, “But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, ‘I've been here, I left her alive, and I can't resist letting you know what's in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a f#@king unicorn!’” Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is “Duh.” So now it will be revealed [in the sequel], one way or the other.

The Martian > Interstellar

Search your feelings...you know the truth.

>Thinking Alien is better than Aliens
When are these contrarian Redditors going back?

omg, literally social media and plebs ruined what alien covenant could've been.

youtube.com/watch?v=SZnKrvOyN6M

The Martian is certainly better shot despite most of it taking place in a desert with one dominant color.

Arrival > the Martian

Unironically this.
The Martian is a great film for what it is. It's supposed to be a lighthearted 'adventure' with a few moments of intensity.
We won't get anything better from a senile ridley scott

Did Aliens the first mecha/exoskeleton trope?

>>/Reddit/

of course not
youtube.com/watch?v=AGb0y7pm52g

The Abyss is great, T1, too, and T2 was good, although a bit worse, but everything else he made is total mediocrity at best.

> the first mecha/exoskeleton trope
Wasn't it this?

Literature doesn't matter

youtube.com/watch?v=8KpZRJ4HE4Q

>turns off lightbefore leaves
not a thing you often see in movies

Aliens is the only reddit flick here.

time to give up on ADVENTURES OF DAVID LE COOKY ANDROID - PART 3 and give based Blomkamp the keys to the alien franchise so he can return it to absolute kino

Fuck you. The first Friday was a really good movie.

Alien was a slasher with great set designs and atmosphere.
Aliens was an arcade game desguised as a movie. I love it, but it is what it is: Double Dragon with Aliens.

Why did this leprechaun start acting tough after security was dragging this autist away

>Alien was a slasher with great set designs and atmosphere.
You have absolutely no idea what that movie is even about, do you?

Normies do and there is loads on Sup Forums now

I hate that shit. Why does everything needs to be muh apopocalypse, muh end of the world, muh world domination, muh genocide?

Every fucking sci-fi/horror/fantasy movie is like that now. Every fucking sci-fi/horror/fantasy tv show.

Most overrated filmmaker that has ever existed and I can't even imagine world where I could be wrong about this. Lots and lots of hackjobs and even good films by him have a lot of problems ( blade runner).

And then he always pulls out "studio fucked it up". How convient that studio fucked half of his movies in the exactly same way ( akward editing, nonsensical stories etc.) and those that don't have those problems are his least pretentious ones ( matchstick men).

aliens better than alien ? the fuck is wrong with you.

I saw that movie as a kid on tv. I'm that fucking old.

>Ogre dudes were another race seeded by the Engineers (not Engineers themselves, which is why they plainly have shaved heads and aren't as pale).
Ridley confirms those were Engineers, see

>alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-explains-why-david-bombed-engineers

Sounds more like he's confirming they WERE a "seeded" race, actually...