Why don't more people talk about Pete? He can be a pretty effective villain, when Disney wants him to be

Why don't more people talk about Pete? He can be a pretty effective villain, when Disney wants him to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HXMItrUNr74
g.e-hentai.org/s/a3d8aae099/561106-1
youtube.com/watch?v=c6gw5LnKeGU
youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE
youtube.com/watch?v=j7Nhxlv8-8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was really generic for a long time till the 90s when he got more fleshed out.

They need to go back to Pre-Mickey bear/badger Pete.

he was best In "A Goofy Movie" where he was portrayed more neutral, but still in the right

His wife is hot

Pete was conceived as the All-Purpose Villain for any and every Disney cartoon. He wasn't supposed to have motivation and could be anything from a stone cold killer to an abusive authority figure to an annoying neighbor.

That's what makes Pete an enduring character, because he can fit the bill for any antagonistic situation. Try to narrow him down and you ruin him.

The Prince and the Pauper was the last time Pete was depicted as a serious villain (YMMV) and not simply a buffoonish jerk as with Goof Troop and House of Mouse... And even back in the heyday of Disney shorts his primary role was that of a violent belligerent bully type of villain who was still not very smart (but often smarter than Donald, oddly enough.)

I think OP's pic is the only time he's been shown as downright evil and that was for the Climax of the Christmas Carol where he was the Ghost of Christmas Future.

narrowing down characters and modernizing them to fit today's quota is good though

>The Prince and the Pauper was the last time Pete was depicted as a serious villain

Three Musketeers and some Mouseworks shorts brought it back in the 2000s.

But ever since Clubhouse, he's been a neusance at best. Even the recent Mickey TV shorts keep away from his darker side.

Three Musketeers-- I felt like I was forgetting one, but Pete's still a bit of a doof in that, but not as much as with HoM...

I feel like this is mostly because-- outside of the Euro-Disney comics which can, will, and have told any genre of stories with the Disney characters playing roles-- American Disney has a very finite, specific brand they want to push with Mickey and the Gang. Mostly, this brand involves towards super young children and it's not in their interests to have Pete be an effective or threatening villain, just as Captain Hook is relgated to being a vaudevillian 'bad guy' in Jake and the Neverland pirates. Corey Burton, Hook's VA literally described him as such in the need to soften the character for young audiences.

Define "serious".

Does he make appearances in the new mickey shorts?

>Does he make appearances in the new mickey shorts?

Yeah, he's in lots of them.

And he's a violent bad guy who beats up Mickey and tries to steal Minnie. Pretty classic stuff.

>bringing up Pete here
hope you like scat and vore

>the last time Pete was depicted as a serious villain

He's a villain in Kingdom Hearts

you do remember that Kingdom Hearts is 15 years old, right?
half the people posting here weren't alive when it was released

He's not referring to the first game. Pete's role has progressed along with the series story.

I think I like the Goof Troop version best

>Hey, my son respects me.

Then you didn't watch House of Mouse.
youtube.com/watch?v=HXMItrUNr74

I did, they're both good but There's something underrated about Pete being a cankterous family man.

Because, out of all his villanous roles, having a family is the only thing stopping him from doing some serious damage.

pls continue

It's Pete Time. g.e-hentai.org/s/a3d8aae099/561106-1

TO-DAAAAAAAAY!
>calmly swerves around you
youtube.com/watch?v=c6gw5LnKeGU

youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE

>this thread

Is that another cleavage edit? I know of the gif that circulates, but this almost looks totally legit.

how the hell is he a cat???

Pete is an okay "tough guy" character but he became a lot better when he was just an obnoxious neighbor to Goofy

cause he was an antagonist to mickey mouse, made sense for him to be a big cat

Technically he existed before Mickey, though he was apparently something like a bear and not a cat.

>how the hell is he a cat???
check the ears
Also, he was more cat like in his original incarnation

The hot tub is the best part of the movie

that's entire scene made me feel uncomfortable desu

>Technically he existed before Mickey, though he was apparently something like a bear and not a cat.

See: The Pete that appeared in the Alice Comedies and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts was definitely a bear or something. Disney still considers him the same characters as the cat version of Pete that premiered in the Mickey shorts.

Weird that Pete is Disney's oldest character still in use.

That's why I said apparently, since it seems Disney wasn't all that serious about him being a bear before reforming him into a cat. It's probably something like the Goofy situation, where he was always doglike, but nobody wanted to say what he was for a long time. In Pete's case, they decided quicker because cats are natural enemies to mice.

PJ in An Exteremely Goofy Movie > Pete

>He was supposed to show up in Epic Mickey 3 but Warren Specter cocked it up.

Disney is the one who cocked up. They gave him complete control at the start, then backpedaled when they saw how dark Warren was taking things.

Thus, we got a concept so neutered, it might as well have been a whole other project.

His daughter is even hotter.

It's a legit shot. There were a few other cleavage shots throughout the series.

But not serious one, he's basically KH's equivalent of Team Rocket. The only time he's been a serious threat was in Re:Coded.

Hell, his origin story from BBS isn't even that serious.

>I think OP's pic is the only time he's been shown as downright evil

whoa now, the ghost of christmas yet to come is a good guy, it's through him that scrooge has a change of heart

Huh, I thought it was all uniboob and the gif was the only thing with cleavage.

no

>Pete as a Villain
>posts Pete as Ghost of Christmas Future

Future was NOT a villainous character in A Christmas Carol, none of the Christmas ghosts were.

>Hell, his origin story from BBS isn't even that serious.

Still pisses me off.

Getting imprisoned in DARKNESS for having a hissy fit over a contest is pretty serious. I mean, what the fuck, Minnie?

But dude, he hurt people's FEELINGS. We can't have that!

everyone shut the fuck up and post peg

You don't fire a nigga into the sun for saying your potato salad tastes like shit.

EM 1 still managed to be a decent game besides camera issues.

EM 2 is what killed the infant franchise, and I always wondered who is the one ultimately at fault. 98 percent of the game is directly lifted from the first game, and Oswald is so useless compared to Mickey that I'm sure it inspired more fights among kids over who gets to be who than actual cooperation.

because people prefer to talk about peg.

Disney has to be at most to blame for making Warren tone it all down.

Because Pete rarely has one set character, except for in A Goofy Movie and the TV show. Otherwise he's any kind of brutish villain character the writers need.

Reminds me I read a strangely serious story in an European comic as a kid where Pete is turned into a baby and Mickey tries to raise him to be good (he grows up in the span of some months), and we see Mickey celebrate his first birthday, take him to school and congratulate him on his driver's license etc., only for Pete to try and kill him once he's adult again because he's apparently just inherently an evil fuck. And Mickey had this framed picture of them they had gotten taken when Pete was a toddler and he was looking at it all sad in the final panel of the story. It was pretty depressing...

wtf i remember this

It's Pete time.

youtube.com/watch?v=j7Nhxlv8-8E

>why it's YOU EBENEEZER SCROOGE!!!
>Hell opens beneath them and tries to swallow Scrooge.

Ghost of the future Pete spooked me a lot as a kid.

What the fuck. This scarred me.

Evil was the wrong word.

Genuinely menacing is prolly closer to what he meant.

Holy shit. Writer of that story here. "History Re-Petes Itself," published domestically in Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #654.
It was depressing for Mickey, but at least you got Pete sitting in jail with his crook buddies, Trigger Hawkes and Sylvester Shyster, trying so damn hard not to like Mickey in spite of himself...

Also, this was our special story for Pete's 75th birthday (published in the USA for his 80th)

>GET OUDDA MY WAY

It's pretty fucked up to turn some one with a peg leg into a horse for your lover

I want Pete to fucking man handle and verbally abuse me in bed. Afterwards he uses me as a ashtray.

There's something about big fat mean crass guys that causes my penis to erect.

That's pretty much what Shigeru Miyamoto was going for with the Mario series, neat.