Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste?

other special interest boards, like Sup Forums and /lit/ have certain standards for what is good and what isn't
On Sup Forums pretty much everyone agrees that the 1975 or 21 pilots are bad, and bands like artic fire and anco are good for example
You would expect a Sup Forums lurker to have better taste in music than a normal person

Why is this not the case for Sup Forums? There's no set tv-core, there are always shit tonnes of game of thrones, sopranos, Simpsons and Rick and morty threads
This place is so accessible, there's no elitism at all...

Why?

all films are shit, in their own way

hey beter

Sup Forums and /lit/ are SPECIAL interest boards because they are literally fucking retarded

Man, Sopranos was a good show and deserves better than to be mentioned in the same breath with Rick and Morty or Game of Thrones.

does rs stand for rubles? I thought 21 pilots was a pretty ok guy

beter is right

Compared to /lit/, Sup Forums is quality content galore.

>1975 or 21 pilots are bad, and bands like artic fire and anco are good
wtf bands are you talking about?

whenever we try to be elitist reddit throws a shit fit and starts crying and spamming memes

FUCK PRUMPTF AND FUCK WYPIPO

>Sup Forums
>standarts
I hope this is bait. Sup Forums's taste in music is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Game of thrones is a masterpiece and Rick and morty is doing new unique things with the adult cartoon genre. How jaded must you be to dislike these two very good shows.

spell whomst've

I literally threw away a $20 bill yesterday because it looked ugly and fucked up. Crisp notes only please.

Because movies and tv are an inherently accessible and therefore pleb medium

>Game of thrones is a masterpiece

Not even back when it was good.

>Rick and morty is doing new unique things with the adult cartoon genre

Futurama called, they want their obvious parody of middle-brow science fiction back.

>Sup Forums pretty much everyone agrees that the 1975 or 21 pilots are bad, and bands like artic fire and anco are good

lol this man does not speak for Sup Forums.

Sup Forums is so much better because of the contrarians. I'll say right fucking now without Sup Forums I would have dismissed the Orville as total shit based on all the shit you see written about it elsewhere. Same with Only God Forgives, which is one of my top 10 movies of all times. And Sup Forums's support of Armond White's entire career has been a special thing, especially since this board is basically Sup Forums-lite at times.

There should never be a Sup Forums-core. All Sup Forums needs is John Core.

Loool
Fucking clueless

Also remember that this is what Sup Forums does when it decides to collaborate and make things easy for plebs to understand.

OP here, I just tried to pick bands that everyone would have heard of, you stupid cringed asshole

why do you have this image saved

>Rick and morty is doing new unique things with the adult cartoon genre

Like what?

>la haine and rabbits
Is this a fucking meme

Dude what
Rick and morty is just an edgy futurama

No, it's entry level and you will be laughed out of any kino club if you haven't seen them, regardless of your opinion of them.

>100rs

poos in loos, when will they ever learn?

A girlfriends value is based on her looks.

>no twin peaks reference
>no stargate reference (MacGuyver doesnt really counts)
>Bill Nye

It's still fucking bizarre we don't have a sticky. Considering we had literally dozens of great infographics lists.

The vast majority of this board unironically thinks Michael Bay is a great director.

/thread

Gr8 b8 m8.

source? no one ever speaks or admires his works, (except for his producer works on Black Sails)

more poop jokes per second than ever before

Fuck a sticky. Sup Forums still has a 310 bump limit when smaller boards than us have 500. That's bullshit.

I know I'm overthinking a meme, but Puerto Rico is literally whiter than the mainland US. Definitely whiter than places like Texas and Florida (which got more help).

>Puerto Rico is literally whiter than the mainland US.

No shit, the entire country just got a really nice time in the spin cycle. Stain removal, whiter than white now.

Kek

>whomst've
I'm gonna start using this

Puerto Rico is 80% white.

But Trump also sent aid so I guess it's still accurate?

buy a pack of totino's and watch plinkett reviews

only then you will understand

Ha.

>Money holds value

Check'd

Can you explain this to me? As a non native speaker I see that's some clever wording but I'm not able to fully grasp it

I'm not a native speaker either and am not sure it's even grammatically correct, i just think it looks funny.

which picture is la haine

This is why we need /film/

Multifaceted problem.

1. Television is an entry level hobby for lack of a better way to describe it. The barrier to entry is non-existent and your average casual is probably willing to call themselves a 'movie buff' because they watched Tarantino's filmography or something.

2. As a result, Sup Forums is an entry level board on Sup Forums. If you visit Sup Forums at all then you can likely visit Sup Forums at this point, so in a similar manner to Sup Forums and Sup Forums and Sup Forums it's a melting pot of memes, shitposters and general insanity where the board identity more informs the 'feel' than creating an actual topic. People aren't here to discuss television and film as a medium anymore, they're here to talk to other people through that lens.

3. Sup Forums is a particularly bad board in this respect. I don't know why but I suspect Sup Forums and reddit are to blame. Even Sup Forums has recognisable Sup Forumscore games but Sup Forums has nothing. Except I suppose the BvS contrarianism but that's also more of a meme than an actual "people on this board hold this to a high standard" kind of thing.

Consider also that /lit/ and Sup Forums will at any given moment have active "post your shit and get it ripped apart" threads. Nobody is (routinely) posting their amateur film on Sup Forums because that's unrealistic.

To sum up, I think what this boils down to is that Sup Forums is not about the craft of film in the way that /lit/ and Sup Forums are about the craft of literature or music.

Liberals are really upset they couldn't get a Katrina 2.0

post rare beters

>actuarial sciences
>engineering

wtf

The 1975 and 21 pilots, obviously
idiot

Nye should be the lab janitor

We really aren't.

Bill nye was in Stargate

btfo!

2 reasons
>1
Because Sup Forums is a pretentious den of elitist fucknuts who view music tastes as some sort of secret club
>2
Because tv/film is a stupidly accessible platform that every fucking pleb has opinions on. Combined with Sup Forums being a meme board attracting idiot shitposters, the majority of posters are fucking idiots who have never seen 2001 or Citizen Knane and who think that capeshit is the epitome of good viewing
And that's only among the posters on this board who actually watch films; there's a significant percentage who don't

why do you wanna be a fucking board conformist?

>tfw too scared to post my shit on Sup Forums and risk that reputation secretly following my career

Sopanos and golden age Simpsons are the Sup Forums equivalent of Sup Forums's Kanye and Radiohead. Very mainstream but very good

It's because literally everyone watches film and television

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

both Sup Forums and /lit/ have terrible taste in most shit desu

Speaking as a grotesquely old and grotesquely educated guy who browses Sup Forums, /lit/ and Sup Forums, it seems to me that the boards really do have to be ranked very decidedly in that order, with a HUGE drop in quality as you move from Sup Forums to /lit/ and a rather less huge one as you move from /lit/ to Sup Forums.
Even Sup Forums isn't what it used to be before the election, of course but, unlike the other two boards, it has an IDENTITY and its identity functions as a quality filter. Lefty/pol/ and the differences between Stormfag types and civic nationalists notwithstanding, there are huge swathes of political ideas that are going to find NO resonance on Sup Forums at all. No one is seriously going to start a thread there praising RHINOs or Clintonite Democrats or the European Union, even though these ideas are certainly, taken together, the political ideas of the majority. It's an "elitist" board by its very nature.
On /lit/ - and even more on Sup Forums - there is no such large body of things that are implicitly "beneath discussion". Both boards, certainly, have their "patrician" and "plebeian" browsers but the "patricians" are weak on /lit/ and VERY weak on Sup Forums - to the point where Sup Forumss "patrician" shibboleth - "Kino" - has now pretty much been emptied of its potential meaning by thread after thread asking if some vidya-game-esque capeshit "is Kino". Even on /lit/ certain boundaries are still halfway marked and maintained. There are Stephen King and J K Rowling threads, sure. But no one actually dares to ask if they are "patrician".

Stands for Indian rupee. It's an Indian meme.

If it didn't people wouldn't use it

>Speaking as a grotesquely old and grotesquely educated guy who browses Sup Forums
Sure thing buddy

lefties cant´t meme