Business is in, in some cases 1 mil debt

>business is in, in some cases 1 mil debt
>gordon does his thing
>oh we're on the upward swing now everything is gonna be good
>google resteraunt
>CLOSED 1 month after show

fuck me

It's like all those shit shows like Nanny 911. They pretend to take his advice but then go back to doing whatever they were doing before.

arent restaurants hard to maintain though?

Isn't your weight?

It's a mix.

Just as often as that happening, and just using him for publicity and a free renovation, the debt they are already in is simply too much.

So much so, it's incredible anybody even tries.

Absolutely, just like parenting and not eating yourself to death, that's why you need someone semi-competent running the show and why reality shows about people fucking up are always full of legitimate normie brainlets and never anyone with two brain cells to rub together

Depends on size and volume, higher traffic and bigger business tends to self-sustain

Individual restaurants are a fucking nightmare though. I'd literally prefer betting my money away on the stock market for revenue

If the debt is in the company's name, and you don't personally owe a goddamn thing, just let the bitch burn down/go bankrupt and create a new company. You did pay yourself when it was doing well, didn't you, just in case?
This is what smart businessmen do. They create companies, and if they start failing, they let it die instead of doubling down, going into personal debt or getting emotionally attached to it. All you lose is the already made investments and your time.

>This is what smart businessmen do.
none of these guys are smart
most have their houses up too

>If the debt is in the company's name

I don't really understand economy and business, can someone explain to me how that is? I mean the company is just a manifestation of its founder. Who would pay the debt if not the one who took it? why would anyone give loans to businesses that can't be held accountable?

>FUCK ME
>YES CHEF

I don't know exactly how the American system works, but in the U.K., a Ltd company is a separate legal entity from its directors and shareholders - hence "limited" = limited liability. The directors and shareholders are only liable for their initial capital investment in the business. They're off the hook with any additional debt.

You if you default on your creditors and declare the company bankrupt, you are more than able to go and start another company 6 months down the line, and begin the cycle all over again. However, I believe that Companies House has rules and laws in place which prevent limited liability from being overly exploited. Unfortunately though, there are always loopholes to be found.

>why would anyone give loans to businesses that can't be held accountable?

They don't. If the directors have a bad track record, or the business looks like it is likely to go under, then loans won't be granted. This is incentive to not fuck up your business just because youre not personally liable for the debt. No business = no salary.

That one new orleans restaurant that told him to fuck off is still in business I think.

Fake news

A one time upward swing courtesy of Ramsay means nothing when you're in significant debt or the food sucks. Most of those restaurants were already deep down in the hole and nothing could recover them at that point. The show is staged to all hell and the restaurant owners are reading from scripts, or forget all the changes Ramsay suggested and return to their bad habits.

Pretty much. Even if the food did improve, they'd still have a reputation from experience and word of mouth, which wouldn't be likely to change until the episode comes out at the earliest, which would certainly be more than a month after the episode was filmed.

>is the lobster fresh?
>yes, chef. Says so right on the can.
>fookin 'ell

Don't you need a minimum amount of initial capital for an Ltd, far over what an mom and pop dinner would have?

>They pretend to take his advice but then go back to doing whatever they were doing before.
>that old lady who had the tropical island themed restaurant who couldn't comprehend that it shouldn't be about what she wants, but about what the customers would like
>pretends to take Gordon's advice, reverts back to her old ways, and goes under
Yeah, don't listen to the world famous chef with successful Michelin star restaurants all around the world, you know better