Films that are important

films that are important

n-never mind g-guys

Rumors have it that this movie made Koreans change the laws

I kinda liked The Look of Silence better, but both were really good.

>The film sparked public outcry over lenient court rulings, prompting police to reopen the case and lawmakers to introduce bills for the human rights of the vulnerable.[10] Four out of the six teachers at the Gwangju Inhwa School for whom serious punishment was recommended by the education authority were reinstated after they escaped punishment under the statute of limitations.[11]

So it's not rumors after all

still not seen Look of Silence, it's on my watch list though

>mfw this movie tried to make me feel sad about dead communists

>when you're so morally void you disregard a genocide that didn't just kill commies
And this movie featured the hard men that did what they did, you'd be one of those pussies who blows their brains out five minutes after throwing a bunch of people in a pit and burying them alive.

Seek God.

It's not a good way to kill communists.

I think the movie is saying that the country has healing to do.

>when you're so morally void that you stop recognizing the rights of the individual, and your ideology routinely leads to the mass suffering

>tfw when two of my tutors at Uni made this film.

Fucking Joram lmao

>any of this relating to murdering chinese people because >LOL CHINA IS COMMUNIST TOO

The movie is literally about the act of killing, and a look at the psychological profile of the killers. It has nothing to do with morality or the metapolitical situation.

The fact that they were non-whites freed the 2013 white cuck from the guilt associated with le ebul self-interest.

>when you can't even read and comprehend a sentence because you're a nihilistic waste of skin

Is this movie important ?
Not as important as op's but still?

Not sure about who said it but someone said "If they want to review the killing there will be a war. If they want the war I am ready. "
I think the guy who made it wanted to make political impact

this was a fucking masterpiece

>it's a retard doesn't actually understand the film episode

>I think the guy who made it wanted to make political impact
In what way? Do you mean in the power structure of Indonesia?

i reckon so

I am not saying that the movie explained the commies were good or bad in the country. I just said that the movie showed that civil war is bad. That way of killing commies is wrong. It tore the country apart and it needs healing

>nihilistic

Do you know what that word means?

>when all you know about communist ideology is from libtard propaganda

hard to pick one french new wave film, but this will do.
French new wave is arguably one of the most important movements for modern movies

Never caught a glimpse of that honestly. It showed the reality of a power struggle and the psychology of the actors involved, both the killers and the victims.

>nihilistic
Yeah, you don't hold any value systems of see any meaningful aspects of life. When you devalue the value of human life and disregard the fact the genocide in Indonesia didn't just kill communists, you're not only a nihilist, you're just retarded.

Have to boil everything down to memes just to feel secure in whatever knowledge you think you've accumulated.

>when you devalue human lives

It's precisely a love and respect for humanity which makes one anti-communist. Not condoning it's greatest threat would be hypocritical.

>not condoning it
see Believe it or not you can be anti-communist and even see the reason why this genocide occurred without memeing about it and saying who cares they're commies lololo

It's not cool to kill them with machete and wires though

>best film: the guardian
>anons debating communism
well that's all i need to know

>the psychology of the actors involved
That's what I thought needs healing but that's just me

One flew over the cuckoo's nest probably helped reform mental institutions

>thinking the movie was about communism in any way
brainlet leave

There's no healing, just moving on. Kind of like that line to the MC: "You have weak nerves."

I think healing is needed. Not the film is about healing. I say that the movie pointed out the country got a problem. And I imagine the movie is made to improve the problem.

Maybe not though

The film is ultimately about mass murderers recognizing what they've done and realizing the barbarity and evil they took part in was wrong.

This is why I have a problem with the "HELICOPTER THE COMMIES" memers, they'd be the ones retching and crying before they'd even reach the age Anwar was

I mean I'll post a couple of obvious ones

This movie opened my eyes. I'm never eating at McDonald's again.

> That guy's throat clamming up when guilt finally dawns on him.

Film fucked me up for a couple of days. Grizzly Man did the same thing.

Only one of them tried to repent, and it honestly didn't seem genuine.

The whole 'have to get a large ass milkshake every time it's offered' kind of screwed it from the beginning desu senpai.

maybe this is your style

Settle down soyboys, I never implied it was about communism.

What im saying is if they wanted to make a movie about the act of killing, then the victims should have been actual people and not communists.

if i dont like pro communist film i must like tarantino?

where is reasoning for this

Most of them actually realized what they did was wrong, most were still clinging to their tough guy facade and only Anwar was man enough to try and explain his feelings and what he did.

>What im saying is if they wanted to make a movie about the act of killing, then the victims should have been actual people and not communists.
How does it feel to literally not even understand one of the most significant documentaries made within the last 3 decades?

it's not pro communist you mongoloid. it could have been done in the killing fields of Cambodia and the effect would be the same

>when you're trying really hard to impress people with your edginess on Sup Forums
dudes so edgy lmoa dosnt even caer peopl get genoside XDDDD woah your very hardcor you have a verry dark side comies buttranged plus 1 liekd whats you're facebook?

please take your medication

Seems like you're the one who needs his meds, not him.

You're probably a libertarian, a.k.a. an actual threat to humanity, so it's not like your opinion matters.

the matter is important, but alas just like "supersize me" Al Gore was dishonest because he misrepresented data, when there was no need to do so given how dire the situation already is. He mined the credibility of an important matter.

Seems like you're the one who needs his meds

>Most of them actually realized what they did was wrong
Yeah, like that guy who was gleefully talking about raping a 14 year old. Every single one of those fuckers is glad to be with their grandchildren, and not on the other side of the conflict, begging his family's killers for closure.

>Anwar was man enough to try and explain his feelings and what he did
Anwar was a bit of a narcissist. He grew up with American action movies, and needed to be the hero of his own. There was not an ounce of real remorse in that man, and if there were, he wouldn't have been alive to be a part of the documentary.

Just because he didn't kill himself doesn't mean he isn't messed up about it. He did talk about having to take drugs to function and forget.

The movie is not about the victims though, the movie is about the killers. Did you even watched the documentary user?

Communist or not, killing that many people can still fuck you up real bad.

I feel anyone who doesn't watch this doesn't understand the ills of this world.

You're talking to someone who's only experience in killing is K/D ratio in Call of Duty.

Housewives in the US have to take drugs to deal with being bored.

Oh wow, that has a lot to do with what we're talking about, now does it?

The fact that he had to take drugs does not imply remorse.

The fact he states he took a lot of drugs to try and forget says a lot about his state of mind, and nowhere did I say he was remorseful.

Recognizing the horrors of what you did /=/ remorse. For better or worse, these people stopped the spread of Communism albeit in a horrific and pragmatic maner.

With that I can agree. Taking pleasure in sadistic behavior can fuck up a man, and he refers to himself and his comrades as sadistic several times throughout the documentary.

interesting. how did he misrepresent the data?

Good thing we have history to show us how terrible communism really is.

>"Do as I say, not as I do": The Ideology

I fell this movie was very convenient for Al Gore.

Hold on. Trying to find it again.

Yeah sure you won't find shit climate change is real bruh

Dumb fucking redditor fuck off

>the victims should have been actual people and not communists.
what does it matter
it wasn't about the victims you brainlet fuck

No no that's not what I meant at all.

Damn I can't find it, what I mean is that, the problem is real, is man made, but Al Gore misrepresented it. But I just can't find my source now, so is all moot.

Again, settle down soyboys. I never implied it was about the victims either.

>all this backpedaling
We can see all of you posts, you know.

>relax my previous posts dont exist
K

Communism has only ever been tried by shithole countries without the proper production capacity and infrastructure to support it.

It seems you're too retarded for nuance

>communists are bad people who often advocate mass murder without trial
>that's why I'm ok with these people being mass murdered without trial
Interesting viewpoint user