Movie shows americans are having a party

>movie shows americans are having a party

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1a36FPFSFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRdpA6if4vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

of all the things in movies that are untrue red cups at aparties is not one of them.

Yes the red plastic cup is ubiquitous at american parties. Its so common that they are usually called "party cups"

I actually dont understand what the rest of the world does during parties.

We use our hands after we wipe our asses with them, by Allah!

this tbqh

Its usually only at keggers otherwise its byob like most parties

Solo is a company in America that started doing the red cups and other companies started making them red too but it only caught on in America and Canada. Everywhere else just has white plastic cups.

We drink out of glasses or bottles obviously. I don't see the point of buying plastic cups for a house party, do you also give guests plastic cutlery to eat with? Just seems like one of those well-marketed products that's become ubiquitous, as opposed to being an actual necessity.

These cups are used a lot for drinking games, so people are flipping them and throwing things at them. You don't want to do that with good glasses

they are also routinely used for mixed drinks even if it is byob

I'm a bong and the last party I went to had red cups

>Do you also give the dozens of strangers who show up at a large function anything other than your best silver and china to eat off?!

Yes, you twat, and we do too. Act like you've left the house more than once in your life. If you've got more than a dozen m8s over and you use real glasses you're a bunch of teetotaling scum or have shite glassware in the first place so you don't care if it gets broken. Leave it to /reddit9k/ to not have any idea how parties actually work and make their butthurt about America.

Americans are prosperous enough that they would rather buy disposable stuff then have to waste time cleaning like a peasant afterwards

also, glass is a bad idea with heavy drinking, which is the case at any college party where these are most well known from

thats cool if you have like 3 friends over. These are more for parties than just hanging out with your friends.

>Beer keg.

>Someone jumps in the pool fully clothed.

>Sum41 is playing.

here we use plastic glasses that are usually a lot bigger. Bout the size of a pint

>pop punk will never be popular again

the red solo cup holds about 500mL

>We drink out of glasses or bottles obviously.
So you guys all drink out of the bottle if you're drinking liquor at a party? The heck

i unironically still listen to pop punk. lots of young new bands out there user

Do you seriously eat with picnic plastic forks and knives at a party? You don't give expensive silver and china, but a normal plate, fork and knive should be a given. And desu a glass you can't bend with your fingers should be too, and IS standar at least where I live

What kind of activities are you doing where glass is that likely to get smashed? Even when blackout drunk I've never dropped a glass and I can't even remember seeing anyone else do it. Do you think people can be trusted with a glass of beer in the pub, but if you're in a house then all of the glass suddenly becomes extremely volatile?
>make their butthurt about America
This is a film board and we're talking about a trope from TV/movies. Someone asked a question to "the rest of the world" and I reponded with my own perspective. Try being less of a whiny sensitive yank who thinks any slight mention of their country is an attack, and stop pretending to be British while you're at it.

>pop punk

>hot girl sitting/standing by herself
>Chad walks over with a drink for her

Does anyone listen to pop-punk ironically?

Jesus I hope not.

Regular see-through plastic is most common in Sweden I'd say. Red ones like OPs is sort of easy to find aswell

Yeah, next day is coffee, tidy up and taking all the bottles down to the tip

>Nerd (on the way to Stacey with a drink for her) sees this and turns away sadly.

Don't be stupid, of course it will. Everything is cyclical.

all these euros that dont know how to party

>Do you seriously eat with picnic plastic forks and knives at a party
um, yeah. Why wouldn't I? I don't have dozens of sets of plates and silverware and glasses, and even if I did, its so much easier to use disposable stuff, and if I have a bunch of people over I would rather not everyone carry around heavy glasses and ceramic plates

imprecise term but its still what a lot of people call it

there are lots of good bands out there, like can't swim, microwave, boston manor, sorority noise, the wonder years, etc.

This thread is about larger parties where you don't fucking sit around a table and eat.

Beer pong, one of those drinking games where you flip the cup, etc.

people break glasses at bars all the time, but they have professional staff to clean up so its not a big deal, plus they use the stuff every single day so disposable is less economical

euros live in crampt little flats, no room for large gathering bigger than a dinner party

they dont have large yards

How many people do you think are at these parties? Or do you really have dozens of plates and cutlery sets?

I think thats the issue. The scope of the parties they are imagining is much smaller, just a gathering of a few friends for dinner, in which case most Americans would not be using disposable stuff

You guys all share the same 1L bottle of liquor, though? You dont pour it into cups/glasses? The fuck

>everyone calls each other "bro"

Nice milf on the left

Yeah dude, the flimsy plastic cups and cutlery with paper plates are so fucking hardcore. So is spending all evening playing boring ass "drinking games" like beer pong to drag out the drinking as much as possible because yanks don't actually like drinking alcohol and can't handle it. Well this is assuming that you managed to get any alcohol at all, because you're only 20-and-three-quarters years old and it's illegal to buy it. wew lad I wish I knew how to party like you guys.

>or Presidents of the United States, Limp Bizkit...

Dude, what are you talking about?

A dozen at least, yeah.

>movie shows European girls at a party

I am talking about at least a dozen people. Once you reach about 20 people though you usually just make hamburguers and everybody eats with their hands and a napkin.

>Well this is assuming that you managed to get any alcohol at all, because you're only 20-and-three-quarters years old and it's illegal to buy it. wew lad I wish I knew how to party like you guys.
Actually, the absurdly late legal drinking age strongly encourages this party culture. Its what drives teens and college kids to throwing large parties at their residences as its super easy to have someone buy you alcohol and bring it home but much less easy and convenient to go to bars until you are 21 (by which time you are almost done with college)

What happens when the 18 falcon capacity falcon roost is full up, surely your falcons don't find their own perches?

i actually bought like 50 of them in a pack a couple years back, kind of uncomfortable to drink from desu

>European parties are this tame

LOL

>drinking games
Why do burgers do this? The closest I've come to a drinking game is "try to keep up with the alcoholics who keep bringing me drinks without succumbing to alcohol poisoning". No need to involve ping-pong balls, just put the alcohol in your gullet.

see through plastic master race

because drinking while playing games is more fun than drinking while just standing there

Fair enough, but what about people without autism who don't need games in order to have enjoyable social interaction?

This. Yuroshits will never understand American teen / early 20's party culture and how much better it is than what they had jerking eachother off in their shit tier private schools. There's a reason so many movies focus on American teenage years and they send us so many exchange students and literally no one gives a fuck about their teenage years. Boring garbage. Enjoy having missed out on some of the best fun a person can have, and the next time you watch a movie featuring it you can think about me and how I took the virginity of the French female exchange student at one of those parties and destroyed her hymen with my thunderous Chadian Americock.

We just stand there and don't play while talking to sluts. You act like it's mandatory or something. Have you ever been to a party anywhere in your life?

Its just another layer of something to do while hanging out drinking. No different than darts or billiards at a bar

>Standing there
Are you forbidden to talk during parties? Or dance?

generally the talking is going on regardless of whether games are involved

You could dance too if you are a women

>visit a friend and go to one of those WILD COLLEGE PARTIES a few years ago
>loud music, but not that terrible, someone brought in a shitload of chips and queso dip
>half the people look tired as fuck, just talking about finals and grades and employment
>the Chads were nice guys, mostly just there for the free beer, but got along with everyone
>a few girls who were already taken, or too tired and stressed about grades that they didn't have time for anyones bullshit, even the Chads
>really nice experience
Crazyest thing that happened was I think someone clogged the shitter.
I think it'd be funny if a movie ever included a party like this, the ones that 'actually' happen.

House parties is not exclusive to america.

Do English people even have enough space in their tiny flats to have a party?

I'm Swedish

The reason plastic utensils, cups and plates exists is because most houses wouldn't have enough depending on the number of people, and even if they did who wants to wash every single piece of kitchenware in the house as once?

No, that's why it's a lot of fun when you do it anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=H1a36FPFSFQ

Thats ok, you might be able to answer the question anyways

We even sing songs about em

youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

I have no idea what english peoples living situation is like

so what you're fine it some drunkard dropping his bottle and getting glass everywhere? SHOULDA BOUGHT SOME RED PARTY CUPS

OBSESSED

How prevalent is this still? I've heard the current crop of college kids drink substantially less than they have in the past and make up for it in pills, but obviously I'm not there anymore.

This. Americans only drink beer anyway. They don't have real cups because they don't drink alcohol.

Post some essential redcup kino.

What?
Red cups are widely used for mixing liquor drinks in America, and shots are fairly common too.
Its not like they can only hold beer

the color is pretty irrelevant, clear is usually smaller but they sell the classic red cup style in all colors. Red is simply the most common.

>wastefulness is synonymous with prosperity

Prosperity is when the time you would otherwise have to spend cleaning is more valuable to you than the few dollars required to get disposable stuff

translation: americans are too lazy and incompetent to use anything except disposable receptacles

Americans use permanent stuff all the time for personal use and small groups.Its entirely not worth the effort to do so with large groups though. You can call not wasting time on dumb shit lazy if you want, but just sounds smart to me

>doing dishes is hard waaah
kek

>washboards and a bucket were hard
>what kind of an idiot would want a machine for the wash?

Its not hard, but it is work that takes time, and if there is a shit ton of stuff from a large party I have little interest in doing so, plus most parties would be more than one full dishwasher load, and who even wants to have enough glasses for that on hand?
Doing unnecessary work doesn't make you cool

You're fucking autistic.

>do you also give guests plastic cutlery to eat with?

Yes

>>movie shows americans are at school

>washing dozens of plates, glasses, and utensils that might break when you can just use disposable shit

Retarded Europoor.

>americans are so terrified of their guests breaking stuff that they give them plastic cups

it gets funnier and funnier

the idea of people using glass cups at a big college party is absurd

maybe in america, in civilized countries our guests don't destroy our property

LOL

looking @ spain right now and literally riots in France, Italy and UK constantly

bwahaahahahahah guess you can't rape the willing

>get BTFO
>move goalposts

everytime

how did that move the goalposts?

>Accuse Americans of being uncivilized, claim euros are
>you...you cant criticize our incivility thats...thats UNFAIR

You mean by making stuff up? Claiming there are constant riots in countries where there blatantly isn't, then whining about refugees in a discussion about plastic cups? You got BTFO and are grasping at straws

Rest of the world cant afford beautiful, glossy red cups. All they get is Styrofoam or if they are like these pieces of shit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRdpA6if4vc

>drinking from surrender cups

>move to America
>organise party but only invite myself
>red cups spontaneously appear in the room whenever I'm away
>package them and resell them
>?????
>profit

have you ever been to a party in your life, or do you call you hanging with your 4 fedora guy friends and that one weird hipster chick sipping your dads whiskey out your kitchen glasses while sitting on the couch a 'party'.

besdies bitches love playing pong, even better if you make a rule losers gotta take their clothes off.

Pretty sure that’s just a meme to spook parents. Most big parties just have beer pong, and some people doing coke im the bathroom