Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKCmyiljKo0
youtube.com/watch?v=7p6WUNG5yvw
youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA
youtube.com/watch?v=yehoQilXYrM
youtube.com/watch?v=-e9bZD86s3g
youtube.com/watch?v=260iEvcTgiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spartacus was literally Playboy Presents: Rome, the mindless cretin version of a much better show.

>crixus, gannicus, onamaeus and spartacus all dead
>two gays survive
what the fuck?

Blood and sand (after ep 4) and gods of the arena is far superior to Rome. However the later seasons lack the same charm mainly because of the sparatcus actor dying and no ludus setting or batiatus villain. Season 2 of Rome is more rushed than game of thrones s7. Fuck that.

>rome
>rome better than spartacus
Pick zero

youtube.com/watch?v=FKCmyiljKo0

inb4 Lord of The Reddit
I SHED LE SINGLE MANLY TEAR *sips cheap whiskey*

>Manliness = Wealth
kek

Lord of the rings. Rohan speech.

The moment with Varro and Spartacus.

>Characters based on people who actually died die
>Characters the writers made up live

rly makes u think

>barca
wait why is he there? He doesn't deserve a place next to the greats

>being a gladiator means you're a saiyan
>can take on 100 romans before you get stabbed
Wtf?

>tfw you stand fucking roman

Spartacus is a far better show than Rome could ever hope to be. Only a pseudo-intellectual pleb would turn away from something just because it has sex scenes.

I'm rewatching War of the Damned right now and I can tell you that you're wrong. Season 3 is so fucking kino its not even funny. I just watched Crixus' death and it stunned me just like it did when I watched it on livestream with Sup Forums years ago.

>not having the one with Andy's face

I miss Spartacus so much, I would share cup and break words with user.

>that scene of pompeii just strolling in and stealing all credit

>that almost smile that Crixus gives Naevia
>Naevia's pterodactyl cry
>K I N O slow mo
>all those words exchanged silently
>that feel when you realize Crixus died the same way as his father, with a spear to the back
>youtube.com/watch?v=7p6WUNG5yvw

I agree man, I just finished the finale of war of the damned and liam as spartacus is alot better than vengeance. It's as good as we could have hoped with no andy, and the naevia change. But i'll always love blood and sand and gods alot more just because I appreciate the shakespearian/greek tragedy elements to the plot more. Feels like theatre. The script, while cheesy at the beginning, feels alot more tightly woven to me as well even with batiatus shouting of cocks every episode. When you notice it, you can't erase from your memory every single line of dialogue repeated in war of the damned. Now you're rewatching try to keep count how many times the characters say ''Upon a day.'' I also don't like caesers actor so that didn't help. Crixus death is glorious though, great character.

tfw he's really gone.

Those end credits were awesome, every character popped up, then finally it shows Liam as spartacus and then andys is the only moving video bit ''I... AM.. SPARTACUSSS'' end. Vengeance and war of the damned would have been incredible if he were alive. Liam did his best and you can't fault him but the original is always better. It's hard to shake off the change, especially in vengeance anyway.

I love every season for different reasons. But War of the Damned had plenty of classical tragic elements. Crixus going to his death was like seeing Hector ride out of Troy.

Personally, I loved Caesar and his portrayal. Its rare that you see Caesar as a young man and he had an ass too pure for this world.
>Caesar says he's had dealings with pirates before
>that famous story of Caesar being captured by pirates on the way to Greece as a boy, charming them into letting him go, then returning to slaughter them all
Its the little things.

First season and gods of the arena was good, after that i was just rooting for the romans, especially final season with caesar

youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA
This made me tear up and I ended up just randomly walking around my house afterwards, didn't know what to do with these feelings. When that fucking song starts playing man.

who else excited for new pacific rim?

This is a brilliantly acceptable answer.

I like both.

Where is the Ceasar spin off?

This. I remember afew years ago they were going to make a caeser spartacus spinoff. Deal with pompeiis treachery at the end of war of the damned etc.

Ah so that's why Rome got cancelled? LMAO

Unironically this.

Do you have a brother? I find scenes where siblings reconcile really do a number on me, I love my bros.

Nah. I don't see Andy delivering Liam's lines with the same energy and gravitas. I love Andy too but rewatch his speech in Kill Them All again. The way his voice trembled didn't sound like that of a charismatic and hardened leader. I can't imagine anyone but Liam delivering those speeches in Season 3 and honestly, I think we give Andy too much praise and overlook how well Liam played the part. Liam took the entirety of Season 2 to adjust to the role but by Season 3 he was Spartacus. In the finale, he surpassed Andy.

I kind of am. I loved the first one for being a love letter to /m/ but without Del Taco's guiding hand I'm not sure. I'm afraid that it won't have the same heart and soul that the original did.

Last I heard DeKnight wasn't involved and I assume it broke apart after a while. I want a Caesar spin off pretty fucking badly but I'm fine with Spartacus being lightning in a bottle. Sometimes you just have to let good things be.

That scene can't even hold a candle to any scene in Spartacus. Pullo and Vorenus weren't as well developed or likable as Spartacus and Varro or any other pairing at that point and we never actually got to see them bond in the thirteenth legion to begin with. Him screaming that phrase felt hollow without the build up. Which is kind of my problem with Rome as a whole. None of the characters feel developed enough or interacted with each other enough to the point where I actually began to care for any of them.

Just look at the Caesar/Brutus relationship. Its so fucking thin that you don't even know why they are friends in the first place, other than the story telling you that they are.

Never ever.
I'm much more pissed about the Spartacus sci-fi show which never happened.

I had no one when I watched the movie, I think that's a large reason why I cried.
I was just an alone 17 year old with a passive father figure trying to figure out myself and the responsibility of being a man.
Now I've built a small friend group though, we play sports together.

>Nah. I don't see Andy delivering Liam's lines with the same energy and gravitas. I love Andy too but rewatch his speech in Kill Them All again. The way his voice trembled didn't sound like that of a charismatic and hardened leader. I can't imagine anyone but Liam delivering those speeches in Season 3 and honestly, I think we give Andy too much praise and overlook how well Liam played the part. Liam took the entirety of Season 2 to adjust to the role but by Season 3 he was Spartacus. In the finale, he surpassed Andy.

This, honestly.

I never saw the life glowing in Liams eyes in spartacus, not until the second half of war of the damned anyway, when I saw that in the second half of blood and sand for andys spartacus. For me he had more spirit and liam always felt more wooden. The first time I watched vengeance I couldn't deal with the change, and only when he's talking to crixus, in war of the damned, when crixus wants to go to battle and spartacus wants to go beyond the mountains, did I see that same life, the first viewing anyway. I believe andy would have come into it fully straight from episode 1 of vengeance. Maybe the script would be abit different with andy still around anyway, I could imagine andys spartacus atleast having an episode saying he didn't want to be a leader, and crixus would be the leader in vengeance for a moment, but we never had that for liams spartacus, he was ALWAYS the leader, non stop.

I feel like that story where Spartacus rejects leadership would have happened in the aborted 2.5 season that gets glossed over in the first episode of Season 3. If they had another season showing Spartacus liberating the ludi, taking the mines, growing his army and fighting the other generals, that story of him rejecting leadership would have fit right in. Its a shame that we never got to see that transition because there could have been some great stories to tell there. But because we didn't get it, it didn't really make that much sense for Spartacus not to be leader. In Vengeance they were still small and fresh from killing Batiatus and Spartacus was still driven solely by vengeance against Glaber. Spartacus' character in War of the Damned was him realizing that he's responsible for more than just himself. Maybe he didn't want to be a leader in the end, but he knew that he had to do it anyway to save his people, and we get that from multiple points in the story.

Barca gone and spartacus as the new champion... I have awoken to a world of shit.

How could starz afford huge battles like this yet game of thrones has small scale battles only once per 3 seasons?

>I'm afraid that it won't have the same heart and soul that the original did.
Yeah, the promo stuff that they released looks a little worrying to me as well, but I hope DeKnight blows this shit out of the water and gets a big deal for his sci-fi show that he wanted to do ever since spartacus

bad production

We got some real spartacus bros in here so now is the perfect chance for me to ask this, please tell me there's another show with the spirit of spartacus out there. I'm not asking for another rome drama, i've seen HBO's rome and that has more in common with game of thrones, than spartacus. Is there truly no other shows full of tits, blood, scheming, backstabbing, brotherhood and their own unique dialog like spartacus has?

>manliness
>Sup Forums
pick one

good question, maybe cgi budget not blown on dragons and zombies?

That shot is only 20 men with cgi soldiers though. Game of thrones has alot of huge battles. I'm a big fan of both series.

youtube.com/watch?v=yehoQilXYrM

Yeah, but Spartacus was doing it in almost every episode. The general fight choreography and style is way better than GoT's as well. Its funny how cheesy and over the top the action was at the start and how much more natural it felt in the final Season. Like, they weren't just copying 300 any more and were doing their own thing.

>Varinius claims that Crassus is large of purse but small of cock
>they actually hire an actor with a small penis

I wonder how that casting call went out.

>tear of manliness
just admit you're a faggot and get it over with

The finale battle of spartacus army vs crassus' is legendary however, along the way, especally in vegenace, the fight scenes are plagued with slow-mo, you can't deny this.

>I wonder how that casting call went out.

they just spammed hiring ads on Sup Forums

This. Manly tears are not shed singly.

I'm not. That's why I said 3rd season and not 2nd. Vengeance was the weakest season, but even it had its moments like Glaber's death or the A-Team montage.

I really wish they wouldn't have used so much goddamn slow-mo. The choreography, which isn't half bad, often looks better when it's not slowed down.

A Team montage? I like vengeance alot mainly because it still holds alot of loose ties with blood and sand, like ilithyia, glaber, onamaeus, you see the fall of capuas arena, glaber is using batiatus ludus as a base, and most of all, fucking ashur. The villains are alot more fun than crassus (admitedly great), his shitty son and ceaser, for me anyway.

This.

Spartacus CGI was also just embarrassing.

Ashur and his goons killing people.

completely serviceable

Ah you just reminded me of the egyptian. And how crappy onamaeus was in vengeance. He didn't do jack except feel sorry for himself, go to the pits, get lashed by ashur and then do NOTHING in spartacus' camp. He should have atleast gone toe to toe with the egyptian and killed him but as I recall he didn't kill the egyptian.

Obligatory Buliwyf post

Think you might be gay user, sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=-e9bZD86s3g

boardwalk empire when al capone teaches his deaf son how to box

He went toe to toe with the Egyptian twice and lost. I kind of like how he went out. All this time he had been wanting to return to the sands and when he does he's actually not as good as he was hyped up to be. I wish he fought Gannicus properly instead of taking it like a cuck though.

He was supposed to be better than even spartacus but he was disappointing in vengeance.

Well, maybe 6 years before Vengeance, in his prime. But even then, legends and hyperbole and what not. Spartacus was the one who beat Theocles, not him.

Spartacus only beat him because of crixus' help though.

And we don't really know how the fight between Oenemaeus and Theocles played out, only that Oenemaeus lost and took a year to recover. We don't really know if he was supposed to be "better" than Spartacus either. Gannicus was probably better than both of them.

He was pretty much unkillable and a was a pretty good fighter from what we are told. The only thing that finally brought him down after all the damage he sustained was when Batiatus finished him off. Even in the prequels he got fucked up and just kept surviving. He seemed to have the respect of a lot of the gladiators including Oenomaus. Could you imagine how much of an asset he would have been in the actual rebellion? The Beast of Carthage.

True gannicus was probably the only fighter to be stronger than spartacus.
I liked barca. His death scene is tragic since he did nothing wrong. Syrian cunt just wanted to keep his gold.

They died of Aids afterwards

Historical fact?

He means the actors, but yes.

But aids is african. Agron is german and nasir is syrian.

The actors have died of AIDs.

Source? I liked agron (in blood and sand)

Spartacus.... The ultimate show. It towers far above many other shows, even Rome and many other HBO shows but seeing the greatness is no small task. I remember the first time seeing spartacus and laughing at how bad it was. It was only until a die hard friend told me the first three episodes were dogshit, but the show later turns into greatness did I realize. I'm glad I trusted him. I think after the pits the writers and directors got their shit together as I recall.

You're in the wrong thread user, sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=260iEvcTgiE Tribute to the movie?

bumpl

>the Julius Caesar spinoff never materialized
Have you lost fucking mind