en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Harry#Critical_reception
rogerebert.com/reviews/dirty-harry-1971
projectionbooth.blogspot.com/2009/06/screening-log-dirty-harry-godzilla-vs.html
thecrimson.com/article/1972/5/1/neo-fascist-movies-pbibt-has-been-obvious/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God Bless America

Why is Chloe shaped like that?

>right wing kino
>implying conservatives are capable of creating art or adding anything worthwhile to a serious discussion

BLACKED.COM

Dirty Harry

vast majority of art till recently was made by "conservatives".

yeah i hear the one party system works well

And it sucks ass.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

I acknowledged the rarity of conservative appreciation for art before I asked the question, hence why I find the occasional right wing kino fascinating.

I will also acknowledge that to be taken more seriously conservatives have to give more attention to art and culture than immigration and taxes.

>vast majority of art till recently was made by "conservatives".
You wat?

This and Death Wish

Death Wish 3, to be more precise.
It's a right-wing power fantasy.

Taxi Driver

Where the fuck did you get this idea? Are you the purveyor of art and politics to make such an assertion? You sound like an asshole.

>to be taken more seriously

I think actively distancing themselves from racists and radicals would probably be a better and more prudent first step in expanding their base...

Toppest kek

I've never seen con air but I heard it's filled with conservative symbolism
Other examples would be
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
The Dark Knight

Any movies with a preachy political message are unwatchable to someone who doesn't agree 100%

nu Ghostbusters?

So 99% of Hollywood films?

All death wish movies are a right wing fascist power fantasy. Only alt-right and American scum think criminals should be punished rather than rehabilitated

t.

High plains drifter

>I think actively distancing themselves from racists and radicals would probably be a better and more prudent first step in expanding their base...
Are we still talking about the right?

There are good movies with conservative ideas but nothing that would ever qualify as "right wing" here since Sup Forumstards think anything that doesn't 100% conform to their particular brand of conservativism is "libcuck propaganda".

The funny thing is that the left is actually vocally supportive of their lunatic fringe. Bitching about a republican not denouncing KKK literally every time they say something is just obvious deflection when you're sucking BLM dick.

We were talking about the right, yes. I don't think either side is well-served by pandering to their radical and most vocal members...but that's what they are both doing.

more like an autist/ wizard movie, not a right wing movie

>implying right-wingers condone mass murder
i am center of left and i like the movie

>both sides are equally bad
Um, no sweetie. Republicans repeatedly denounce right-wing extremists, of which there are far fewer than their left-wing counterparts. The left has been turning a blind-eye to antifa at best, outright supporting them at worst. They're not even close to comparable, the far left is bigger, has more institutional power, is taken seriously, and has party-backing. The left is far worse than the right is now, and whatever right-wing Sup Forums shit exists exists as a reaction to them.

What are some recent movies that are conservative in the literal sense? Ie that support orthodoxy and traditional societal wisdom over revolution?

Joe (2014)

Gran Tourino

It's funny how many people say this when antifa cutie herself admitted the right wing was putting out funnier Propaganda for the election.
youtu.be/SwK8Y7v49S0

If all Christians are deemed conservative then yeah
Art today is really disgusting

God Bless America

>the President is a race baiter.

Sure, guy.

The Patriot
Braveheart
Apocalypto
Conan the Barbarian
Clash of the Titans
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Taxi Driver
Tremors
Equilibrium
Fahrenheit 451
Angry Birds Movie
Lord of the Rings trilogy

just off the top of my head

why do you fags think vigilantism is exclusively a right wing thing?

>the president is conservative

Nice one, bud.

Good directors who are right-wing:

John Milius (has always been openly right-wing)
Clint Eastwood (libertarian but in recent years has been more supportive of the right than the left)
Sam Raimi (hasn't ever talked about politics but has donated to the Republican party)

Starship Troopers
Falling Down
They Live
Drive
American Psycho
Most things by Mel Gibson
Taxi Driver

It literally is though.

Reminder that liberal film critics think Dirty Harry and Death Wish are fascist.

it's not. conservatives tend to be pro-police and pro-law.

link?

it's probably one sjw wacko who thinks this

heh. Except, it's not. Its creator is a leftist. You're probably a moron that thinks that Joe Rogan is also a right-winger.

Demolition man

vigilantism implies some individual having a strong belief system regarding justice and willing to take action to support their ideals. this is inherently opposed to the modern left which is all about uniformity and accepting the consensus

>The film caused controversy when it was released, sparking debate over issues ranging from police brutality to victims' rights and the nature of law enforcement. Feminists in particular were outraged by the film and at the 44th Academy Awards protested outside the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, holding up banners which read messages such as "Dirty Harry is a Rotten Pig".
>Film critic Roger Ebert, while praising the film's technical merits, denounced its "fascist moral position".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Harry#Critical_reception
And all of that shit happened in the 1970s. If Dirty Harry came out today film critics would go fucking insane and accuse it of being pure evil.

When is Mein Kampf going to get a film adaption? Who is going to play Hitler?

The difference is conservatives will fight for law and justice when the police and official law is against them.
The only time left-wingers actually fight outside the sanction of the state is against law and order.

Conan the barbarian.

>a strong belief system regarding justice and willing to take action to support their ideals.

implying leftists don't have this.

>this is inherently opposed to the modern left which is all about uniformity and accepting the consensus

you mean normies which can either be right or left. what right-wing faggots do is they'll lump apolitical normies in with the left to smear the left when these apolitical normies can't even define liberalism.

rogerebert.com/reviews/dirty-harry-1971
projectionbooth.blogspot.com/2009/06/screening-log-dirty-harry-godzilla-vs.html
thecrimson.com/article/1972/5/1/neo-fascist-movies-pbibt-has-been-obvious/

right-wingers will lump basketball players in with the left just because they are niggers.
this is how the modern right-wing faggot thinks

>apolitical normies
How would that smear the left? If they have political beliefs they're not apolitical.

going to a rally to virtue signal and take pictures for social media isn't really taking action to support your ideals.

you sound like one of those retards who declare the 'real' definition of feminism is wanting equality as if that proves something.

ebert hated silent night deadly night. does that make silent night deadly night conservative?

>you mean normies which can either be right or left. what right-wing faggots do is they'll lump apolitical normies in with the left to smear the left when these apolitical normies can't even define liberalism.
Kernel of truth there, but the left owns the culture and therefore owns the normies, same way as a handful of mythologised lowbrow "conservative" types and archetypes from the times conservatism was hegemonic form key pieces in many a left-liberal narrative. Pop-cultural political warfare never really revolves around direct interaction between radically ideological factions, just the currents released into the "apolitical" terrain.

Did he call it fascist?

Ebert said Dirty Harry is fascist.

both sides go to rallies to virtue signal. right wingers virtue signal all the time when it comes to the national anthem and christianity. donald trump did it with the national anthem.

If you ask those African Americans (please refrain from using the n word my friend, Sup Forums is a non racist site) what they're doing, they would tell you it's a political statement.

According to critics, BvS was fascist so that one.

>implying right-wingers condone mass murder

Um, have you ever been to Sup Forums? Pretty much every politically motivated spree killer in recent memory has been far-right.

Kingdom of the Spiders

The sad thing is it's Sup Forums and this guy probably isn't just baiting. He really is a libcuck. Right here on Sup Forums.

Virtue signalling is doing something vapid and pointless that makes you look good. Nothing right-wingers do makes them look good.

kek

There's a real possibility that someone has accused Silent Night, Deadly Night of being conservative. Back in the day critics loved to accuse slasher films of being anti-feminist.

pretending to care about the national anthem when you really don't is trying to pander to people who value the national anthem. you're trying to appeal to jingoistic retards who have american flags in their yards and on their vehicles. it's basically virtue signalling.
you're trying to make yourself look virtuous by defending the flag, the military, and national anthem

>pretending to care
It's a cornerstone of American culture. They don't need to pretend. The people who boo in stadiums are normies who are pissed off, they're not virtue signalling. You're trying to stretch and devolve the language, but it's not applicable.

people always frame and interpret this discussion in a fundamentally flawed way. say i believe that inequality and hierarchy are inevitable, and not necessarily negative things, that a meritocracy and a free market enables people to compete and create most efficiently and effectively. why would i purposely go out of my way to create art with ham-handed symbolism, alienating large parts of my audience and pre-disposing them to disliking something i made? would i not just seek to master the technical aspects of my craft, and to refine my stories and characters until they are the best and most compelling that they could be? is the only thing that could be "conservative cinema" be something that's monstrously cliche - the only thing i could depict would be a white family saluting a flag in front of a picket fence?

>Gran Torino
This.

it's leftist normie celebrities who always sing that shit which makes it ironic when you say it's these same leftist normies who boo

No, I'm saying it's conservatives who boo.

These plus 'Die Feuerzangenbowle' 1944.

Ah yes, I see you're a fan of Bible Man, also.

i think it's video games and internet and movies that killed art.
prior to that shit, no one had anything to do so they had to read and do art out of boredom. imagine not having tv or internet or any of that shit. you would basically have to read or something to pass the time.

>Starship Troopers
The whole point of this movie was to mock blindly following an ideology, in this case, fascism
>They Live
Made by John Carpenter a lefty
>American Psycho
Wrong

/thread

probably because liberals are pussies

well it's a natural frame when people who believe the opposite of those things often insert ham fisted symbolism into their art

Bresson bitch nigger

The poor mans Falling Down

A flag is a piece of fabric that means very little on it's own. It does not denote whether or not someone actively supports the invasion and destruction of other countries.

antifa are vigilantes. they destroy private property in the name of their own sense of justice because they think capitalism is evil

There really aren't a lot of explicitly right-wing kinos, considering how much less sexy and memeable right-wing principles like duty and hiearchy are than left-wing memes like the power of the individual and the noble revolutionaries.

a vigilante is someone who takes action by themselves. a mob is not made up of vigilantes

>being right wing
kill yourself

>left-wing memes like the power of the individual
what did he mean by this

How is TDK right wing? Clockwork Orange, yeah. TDK? I don't see how TDK is right wing.

Starship Troopers
Robocop

Holy shit somebody logical on this site.

I meant I actually picked up a book instead of looking at fucking snake memes on Sup Forums and deciding I understood the difference between left-wing and right-wing thought.