i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
soundcloud.com/gwylock1-1/night-of-the-doctor-the-musical
youtube.com/watch?v=SD-psZSFIVw
youtube.com/watch?v=EdfF1pxpM2w
youtube.com/watch?v=8wwnKfpNREs
archive.is/7eSsd
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHXouwmPPa-ASYCNIO33tBkPA4v3QVWh2mE6eAKK1ek/edit#gid=76272432
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not the asian child edition

THIS IS MY ULTIMATE VICTORY, DOCTOR. THE DESTRUCTION. OF REALITY. ITSELF.

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
SUNDAY EDITION
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>Variety
By Helm

>A Crow in the TARDIS
By Grand Wizard Miller

>The Late Tuesday Afternoon of the Doctor
By Doctor Winston O'Writing

>To Kill a Bull Moose
By Grand Wizard Miller

>Right In The Nards
By bookanon

>Simultaneity
By An Embarrassed user

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Feedback from last thread:

soundcloud.com/gwylock1-1/night-of-the-doctor-the-musical

is it kino?

>Asian childs are cool.
What did they mean by this?

I watch classic who very slowly because I'm afraid that some day I will be very sad and only unseen doctor who episodes could cheer me up, so I don't want to watch everything in case this happens.

How has your day been /who/?

He's just beaten up Phil Morris and bought in Marco Polo on those tapes.

How do I get my friends to watch Doctor Who? I don't have anyone with whom to discuss the show, and my only friend that does watch it is an asshole that hasn't seen series 10 yet and hardly any classics. I always tell my friends that they need to watch it but I think they think I'm annoying whenever I bring it up

Just waiting out my ban and working on some sneed oc

Doctor Who is dead.

You can't magically manipulate people into watching it just because they're your friends and you like it.

>an asshole that hasn't seen series 10 yet and hardly any classics.
So you think a person is an asshole if he hasnt seen extremely old niche tv show which is very boring to watch if you are not invested? You are annoying indeed.

If the Metacrisis Doctor is ever going to come back, he should go mtf.

Neo, the idea of getting banned is that you learn your lesson.

No, he's an asshole to me, and he hasn't seen series 10 and hardly any classics

>friend
>asshole
really activates my almonds

This song unironically communicates my thoughts on the matter youtube.com/watch?v=SD-psZSFIVw

I have the same problem. The thing is Doctor Who is one of those shows that you start liking the more you see, you can't really watch only Rose and be in love with the concept. It's more of watch all Series 1 and then see if you like it or nah. A friend to get me into Doctor Who, she and I made a deal: She would buy my favorite series at the time and I'd watch Doctor Who, maybe you could try that.

Oh I'm waiting eagerly for it

>you can't really watch only Rose and be in love with the concept.
But this pretty much happened to me. But my first episode was The End of the World.

t. neo

Show them this:
youtube.com/watch?v=EdfF1pxpM2w
(For real, though, just because your friend hasn't watched S10 yet - or the classics - doesn't mean he's an asshole. Be kind, and don't be overly insistent. Maybe it's just not their thing. If you really think they'd enjoy it, try picking out certain episodes or aspects of the show you know they'd like specifically, then introduce them to those first.)

Pretty comfy, but I'm working on a lab report about woodlice right now and it's terribly boring. Best to get it over with, though.

Well yeah I don't really hang out with him that often but some of my other friends like him and we've known eachother for a while

I'm trying to do that, and I tell them you have to watch all of series 1 to really get it, but they still don't. and I'm about to start watching game of thrones because I'm trying to get this girl I really like to watch it

Thanks, I've seen that before maybe I'll show it to them, and as I said here I meant he's an asshole, and he also hasn't seen series 10

Doctor CUTE

Write the lab report as if you were the Doctor and you were explaining an extremely basic concept to your companion.

Huh I guess for each its own right? Funny enough what kept me watching Series 1 was the offhanded mention of the New Roman Empire, because I really wanted them to explore that shit.

Not for everyone I suppose, but if they are close to you and they flat out ignore you, you could say something along the lines of:
>hey listen, I think you would really like the series if you would give it a try, and I would really appreciate if you watched at least an episode and tell me what you think about it.

I resent the implications made in this thread!

This, I know people Rose hooked, though I agree the whole of the series works better of course

Adore this

There will literally always be bf audios you haven't heard if that helps

Believe me I tried, she just ignores me even though I know she would like it since she loves Sherlock. One of my best male friends I kept telling him to watch, and he said he wasn't going to because he didn't wanna watch something that he knew he would become so obsessed with, which might be bullshit but I'm not sure

LOVE, PRIDE, HATRED, FEAR... HAVE YOU NO EMOTIONS, SIR?

Make new friends already into Doctor Who, plenty of geeky arenas to do that in online or otherwise.

>I know people Rose hooked
I'll bet.

>she just ignores me
Then you should probably just drop it user. Obviosly I don't know you or your life but I'd bet that woman is a person that takes you for granted, and probably why she would do something like that, try and not give much attention to her, and when she comes running do not give in quickly. Or not, as I said I do not know you so I could be wrong, so take my advice as a grain of salt.

>he wasn't going to because he didn't wanna watch something that he knew he would become so obsessed with
Not bullshit at all. I've refrained from watching a whole lot of tv shows because if I liked them I would not stop.

Good idea, I'm going to a DW convention in a few months hopefully I'll make some friends there

you're probably right but she's incredibly beautiful and I'm autistic

jess a cute

Woo, perfect idea! I think you will indeed!

Jodie a CUTE

Been there done that user. If you really want her to notice you, you gotta seem interesting tho, asking her to watch the show every chance you get makes you seem like that is the only thing you like to do. Good luck user, hope you get the girl.

POST VNA LEVEL DARK

Torchwood:
Countrycide - "Cause it made me happy."
Adrift - The poor conditions of the patients.
Reset - The torturing of the aliens.
Children of Earth - The soldiers did not question their orders.

>I've seen that before maybe I'll show it to them
I have plenty more fanvids where that came from if you think that sort of thing might convince them!
This one's my favourite:
youtube.com/watch?v=8wwnKfpNREs

I wish I could write it in that way, but something tells me that the Doctor wouldn't start rattling off p-values and explaining the statistical significance of habitat preference in the common woodlouse... or, y'know, actually, he probably would.

Beauty only matters in a person if it applies to the inside, too.

mcgann a cute

Thank you, user. We do talk regularly though so it's not like all our conversations are me buggering her to watch Who.

It starts off as a fun team up of resident undead asshole, Owen Harper, and our favourite welsh cop, Andy Davidson, as they search for some missing women. They find the guy who kidnapped them and get themselves locked up in the basement with three of the girls. It's clear that they've been sexually abused by him. They call him daddy, show a messed up devotion to him, and he feeds them dog food. Oh, and he's keeping a Weevil locked up there too. He and his wife found it as a baby and raised it as a son, even after it killed and ate his wife. The other kidnapped girls have been eaten by it too.
One of the girls is suffering from abdominal pain, and Owen realises she's pregnant. But it doesn't look like a normal pregnancy... and the guy's talking about how he's going to be a grandfather... yep, he's been making them have sex with the Weevil. Owen helps deliver the messed up hybrid baby. The Weevil gets angry that the kidnapper gets between him and his son, and kills him. The girls turn all their devotion to it. They let Andy and Owen go and they just... leave, accepting that there's nothing they can do to fix that fucked up situation.

sounds like a barrel of laughs

100% the Doctor would. Maybe change it and make it so the Doctor is really exited and does not know how to say it properly so he wrote it down for the companion to read

I actually do something like this whenever I am studying. I imagine I am in an adventure with the Doctor and he is explaining things to me which at some point could save my life. Also when I take exams I imagine I am the Doctor in Heaven Sent and am reading questions off from the blackboard. Anyway good luck McGanon hope it does not get too tedious.

No problem my /who/re!

where can i watch classic who online boiz

>concept: a doctor who episode where there's no monsters or huge danger, they just have a comfy treasure hunt or something

Do some searching on Dailymotion, various people have uploaded most of the serials, in varying quality

Would be comfy but the Beeb would never do it

Listen is a marginally less comfy version of that.

Damn right.

Outside of 10 and Rose, is Simmaster the only character from the RTD era to come back in Moffat's era?

Charles Dickens

Saying Charles Dickens counts would be the same as saying Donna or Martha came back, (As the hologram in Let's Kill Hitler) tho

archive.is/7eSsd

Why? Charles actually came back with a new scene. The others didn't actually return.

But it was not something even acknowledged by the Doctor, more of a "hey look at me it is all connected!"

But the question was just what RTD characters came back in the Moff era, and be fits the bill.

Oh yeah, forgot about that, although I don't know if that would count since he's an actual person, that's like saying that Shakespeare returned from The Chase in series 3. also I just remembered, wasn't the painting of Victoria in Empress of Mars of the Victoria from Tooth and Claw?

When you realised that Jack keeping hand in a jar saved the universe?

Though it endangered the universe first as it allowed the Master to super-age the Doctor into a house elf.

Anyone got any Shit Trips 2.5 ideas? I'd be interested in hearing them.

Well I suppose if you see it that way it counts yeah. In that case the robots from Deep Breath count. River could but she was a Moff character so idk.

>yfw you realise Jodie is going to be second ever northern Doctor after Eccleston

How hyped are you?

thank you

How were the Deep Breath robots from the RTD era?

Clockwork droids from the girl in the fireplace?

I hope she keeps her accent.

She will probably tone it down a bit like Capaldi did.

Why is The Bells of Saint John so underappreciated?

Rate my Shit Trips 2.5 idea so far

Oh, I suppose so, they're completly different though

Well I''ve got one where the Doctor for some reason gives up and retires in Earth. This is a period where everyone knows the Doctor and want him back. Then an invasion would come but the Doctor would not meet them, they would get greeted by the MC who is just a kid who wishes to stand up for everything calling yourself the Doctor means As the ending I would have him give a kind of speech kinda like in pandorica, where he talks to the aliens and the whole world can see. This would inspire the world to never give up and never give in. After the crisis the Doctor sort of passes down the TARDIS to the kid as a sort of "I can't be him anymore but you have my full consent if you wanted to.

Its good I like it but I thought 2.5 was for companion related stories and alternative Doctors only? If this is an alternative Doctor to the one we know, how is he different?

I love how since The Snowmen the credits theme is formatted in the same way as the classic series, where the "oweeeooooo" comes straight in after the sting. It's only a subtle thing, but it works so much better.

Hoo vava vori

It is based on an incarnation of the Doctor who isn't part of the main canon and I'm not saying who it is yet

Hoo vava vori!

But as in personality wise different? Or just a Doctor who is not from the main canon but might aswell be.

How is Gallifrey in "the end of the universe"? I don't get it.

He's an incarnation which doesn't really fit in with The Doctor that well but I really enjoyed the character so I thought it deserved more exposure.

I just finished the Chase in my watch through and came close to tears when Ian and Barbara left.
>TFW we don't even see the Doctor's last words to them

Need ideas for lym!Doctor and Jess!Companion fic for Shit Trips 2.5, Neo's come up with a good one.

If people keep banging on about their "progress" on Shit Trips 2.5 at the rate they currently are (months before submissions will even officially begin), it is going to get old and overdiscussed far, far in advance of it actually happening.
It sounds like all the users who joined too late for ST1 but jumped on the ST2 bandwagon got so excited about it that - deep down - they want it to happen again basically right now, as soon as possible, barely a month after the last one. There's nothing wrong with writing your entries early but ease off making the thread about them, yeah? It's not meant to be an all-year-round topic.

Has the 'regeneration starting' sound effect become iconic in its own right?

Best to see it on a chart. Basically the time-lords waited till everyone who posed a threat to them were dead (i.e. the Daleks) to get out of the pocket universe because the Doctor wouldn't say his name on letting them know it was safe to come back in present day.

Lym has to deal with Jess' suicide

I'm surprised there's never been a clean "Regeneration" sound effect released in some format, like the 50th Anniveraary boxset.

delete this comment now.

But the universe will fucking end soon, aren't they paranoid about that?

>making the thread about them
user it is a sunday in the offseason and its no more than 10 posts of discussion.

I do see your point, but I for one think the ones who are writing now are not a lot compared to the people who write it the month before. I speak for myself for example () I usually have a lot of trouble making something I believe is the best version of itself, so asking others for input is good for me.

Well I guess the whole "universe is about to end" is figuratively, as in "in a couple of centuries the universe seizes to exists" and not something along the lines of "we have a month to plan how we gonna do this shit".

The universe isn't really ending, it's just that everyone else died

use Neo's idea of adapting The Bells of St John but with her as Clara and you as the Doctor

that huge block of reaction videos is nearly finished in the stream

Would you like to see a Doctor Who/Rick and Morty/Minecraft triple crossover?

no

That might be some kind of autism critical mass that causes riots in the streets.

yes

Actually the quote from the general goes:
>Gallifrey is currently positioned at the extreme end of the time continuum, for its own protection. We're at the end of the universe
So yeah the universe is about to end, we are not specified how or why just that it is. May also be good to reference this timeline: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHXouwmPPa-ASYCNIO33tBkPA4v3QVWh2mE6eAKK1ek/edit#gid=76272432
Pic related.

well how does the universe go about ending? The closest thing that you could imagine to the end of the universe is everyone within it dying

sneed

How the fuck does the universe end in a world with time travel? If you can go to the end of the universe and back, surely it's only the end of one timeline.

"Who's your favourite Doctor?" A roommate said to me.

"Uhmm, well uhmm. I don't really have one."

I lied anons, my favourite is 12. I didn't want to have to explain myself.
I feel like St Peter.

I'm sure you and your roommate will both live.