youtube.com/watch?v=EdBiaxbLVKI
strawpoll.me/14052765
youtube.com/watch?v=ViJQh0if-yU
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_death_ritual
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mummy
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_mummification_glyph
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Retard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How will Sup Forums react when they introduce the gay interracial couple?

How about that Orville show? Pretty good, right guys?

>/DIS/
It's STD

Why should Spock talk about his dead adoptive sister? (we all know she's going to die at the end of the season)

Yeah all but the pilot was really good and fun.

At this point, that's the only way to fix Star Trek.

stop spamming here CBS shill

So did STD give CBS those subs they wanted or is everyone watching this on Netflix?

I really liked it. And I couldn't stand Seth McFarlane beforehand. It's like the 180 I did on Tim Allen on Galaxy Quest.

>(we all know she's going to die at the end of the season)
Not before she redeems herself and everyone apologizes for ever questioning her judgment.

Why are you shilling this nonsense /DIS/ so hard? It's STD.

B-but muh ENT!
Not knowing that retards at CBS renamed VOY to VGR.
twitter.com/jvancitters/status/756983274208198656
What a shitshow

He never talked about his brother either

Vulcans are canon about keeping personal things close to the chest

I was really entertained by the Orville. The DIS pilot felt like people going through the motions.

The guy creates toys. Why should we listen to him over the producers and writers?

>VGR
Tell. Me. More. About. This. Carbon. Unit.

I think it is sad and embarrassing that /tv is so filled with people who would even watch this show.

The last episode was really heartwarming. That type of storytelling is what I expected from a new Star Trek show.

I love Anthony Rapp, so I'm pretty excited, desu.

Nah, it's fucking awful, and exclusively watched by manchildren and cucks.

Anthony cRapp tbqh

Is Cadet Tilly /ourgirl/?

youtube.com/watch?v=EdBiaxbLVKI

Are you 12?

>I have special needs

Bless

for me it's the orville

much better than std

>snoring is a disability in the 23rd century because they already eliminated all the other disabilities
Insidiously utopian and Roddenberrian.

best Trek in years

God Michael is such a fucking CUNT whose idea was it for the main character to be such an unlikeable bitch

Sorry, still calling you STD.

What is that in response to? There's already a Boreville general. Go post about it there, cuck.

strawpoll.me/14052765

Heh. Enjoy your stay, /STD/.

I like it, at least she's not a Mary Sue, and she has well established reasons to act the way she does. Honestly she's a weird choice for a protagonist but we could've landed much worse.

BTFO

i knew the /dis/ autist was some loner samefagging

calling it /DIS/ is basically proof the general is being maintained by marketers

so /STD/ it is and always will be

When do the new episodes drop PST?
how long after can I expect a 1080p torrent to go up?

I think we are supposed to super duper love her at the end of the season or something...

Reminder STD is a trash glib facsimile made for the tumblr generation and The Orville is the one true new Trek series.

IN DARMOK'S NAME AH PRAY!

No. Subs are in the toilet. Word is that DIS won't get a second season.

>Best captain
>Best science officer
>Best engineer
>Best doctor
>Best ship
>Best crew
>Best one-off alien race

>/DIS/ general
>everyone talking about Cuckville instead
>it's the most SJW shit I've ever seen in my life
>Seth McFagland is insufferable
You people are shilling so hard, it's crazy. Just admit you backed the wrong horse. DIS is nowhere near the level of identity politics cancer that Orville is.

source?

>One hormone pill was deposited in your CBS bank account. Thank Xou!

>Word is that DIS won't get a second season.
Good. The rape will atleast be short.

>orville same tier as STD

I'm not saying it should be higher but STD should be lower

They're both cancer senpai. Democracy has also dubbed it /STD/ so pls contain your autism to avoid confusion.

>no Space Precinct
>no Red Dwarf

How queer

>ranking shows that only have a few episodes

>DIS
STD

>Chinknigger tranny lead

Refuted. Fuck off CBShill.

You MotherFucker. You better Fucking raise Blake's 7 and Caprica!

>Forgetting Barbie: Out of this World
tsk tsk
youtube.com/watch?v=ViJQh0if-yU

/STD/ General

>star trek has been taken over by muh sjws!

You retards have evidently mever watched the show before.

It's different and you know it CBSJW shill tranny.

>strawpoll.me/14052765
Lexx lower than STD, something aint right here

Wait, general star trek question. Do the fleet actually carry thousands of families and bring them into war?

I know you're afraid of black women, but try and keep your autism to your containment board.
Also:
>tranny
What are you even talking about?

Where is the FUcking 300 at!?

>run of the mill tropy superdense scifi asteroid field
>year of the lord 2017

shiggydiggy

They ruined the main character. First her stupid mutiny, and then killing the klingon leader when they had him captured.

You're clearly not a Trekkie.

They only have families on their ships in the 24th century, and they evacuate those families when war breaks out.

Shouldn't be at war

I am a black woman, moron. Trannys have a mental illness and you need to find Jesus.

Here's the thing: The whole SJW thing is a smokescreen.

The MAIN REASON why Trekkers are not watching this show is because of the shitty timeline.

If this show took place after Voyager it would be a bigger deal. Fuck this prequel shit. But now everyone working on the show can say "Oh it's just racists who don't want to watch it" but it's not.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_death_ritual

"... and as I watched Worf, it was like looking at a man I had never known."

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, "Heart of Glory", 2364

The Klingon death ritual was a Klingon rite performed during, or directly following, the death of a warrior.

The Ritual involved opening and staring into the eyes of the dying individual, then bellowing loudly at the sky. The latter served as a warning to the dead (presumably in Sto-vo-kor): "Beware, a Klingon warrior is about to arrive".
Once the Ritual was completed, the body was unceremoniously discarded in whatever manner was most convenient. It was considered to be "only an empty shell" which should be treated as such. (TNG: "Heart of Glory")

It was extremely rare for non-Klingons to witness the Klingon death ritual. The first such case was believed to be in 2364 when Korris, Konmel, and Worf performed the rite, following the death of Kunivas. Soon after, Worf performed the Ritual for Korris, after being forced to kill him when he threatened the ship. (TNG: "Heart of Glory")

Worf performed the ritual again in 2367, following the death of his mate, K'Ehleyr, and in 2374 for his wife, Jadzia Dax. Though, in both cases, Worf did not open the eyes of the fallen warrior. (TNG: "Reunion"; DS9: "Tears of the Prophets")

Worf was last seen performing the ritual in 2375, after slaying Gowron in personal combat. In this instance, Worf opened the slain warrior's eyes. (DS9: "Tacking Into the Wind")
The fact that the opening of the eyes was not done for K'Ehleyr and Jadzia would seem to suggest that this aspect of the ritual is unnecessary or inappropriate for a fallen mate or for females, or that Worf was too distraught to open their eyes.

But I am and you clearly are a retarded person if you think that is anything like the trash STD is.

Evidently, not all Klingons observe this ritual. None of the Klingons aboard Kronos One performed the ritual for Gorkon in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (though doing so would have created a possible contradiction by having Kirk and McCoy witness it); none of Duras' comrades appeared to perform the ritual for Duras in "Reunion" (nor did Worf, though he may not have considered Duras worthy of such a ritual); and Kor did not perform the ritual for either Koloth or Kang in "Blood Oath".

There is a Klingon mummification glyph, indicating that at some point in the past the Klingon mummified their dead.

Spock identified this glyph during his mental retraining following his fal-tor-pan. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)

Ak'voh, the act of watching over a fallen warrior's body, was an ancient Klingon tradition. (DS9: "The Ship") This tradition seems to be inconsistent with the belief that after death, the body is only an empty shell; however, since Worf calls the ak'voh an ancient tradition, perhaps it reflects an earlier conception of the journey to Sto-vo-kor, that, while likely no longer commonly practiced, Worf was familiar with due to his studies of ancient Klingon culture. It is also to be noted that Worf performed this for crewman Enrique Muniz, a Human, and perhaps since the ak'voh is much like an Irish wake , he may have felt this would have been a more appropriate and respectful gesture to join Miles O'Brien in doing so.

A funeral was held for Dax, son of Kang in 2290. At his young age, it is unclear if Dax completed the Rite of Ascension, becoming a Klingon Warrior. (DS9: "Blood Oath"; TNG: "The Icarus Factor")

If an individual dies in a manner that does not ensure entry into Sto-vo-kor, his or her relatives may fight a great battle in the deceased's name; a victory will allow him or her to enter Sto-vo-kor. (DS9: "Image in the Sand", "Shadows and Symbols")

Evacuate them where? It's a damn ship.

TOS: "Let's boldly explore the mysteries of a wondrous and sometimes dangerous galaxy."
TNG: "Let's continue the traditions of exploration and Federation excellence which have prospered throughout the galaxy."
DS9: "Let's look at the possibilities of new challenges on the edges and margins of the Star Trek universe."
VOY: "Whoops. This one-trick-pony premise kinda got stale fast, but never fear---"
ENT: "Let's take a look at what could have been a really good concept and write it for functionally illiterate third graders and cast it with dropouts from the high school production of Arsenic and Old Lace, plus that over the hill hack from Quantum Leap."
NEMESIS: "Fuck it. This one is going to be a not at all thinly veiled metaphor about how the franchise commits suicide by eating itself."

Acshilly, yeah. I've seen it.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mummy

A mummy was a corpse with exceptionally well preserved skin and dried flesh. This can be due to environmental or artificial means.

Vulcans practiced mummification as early as the 9th century BC, with the remains of Haadok at P'Jem being one example. (ENT: "The Andorian Incident") The mummified body of the Vulcan Kolinahr master T'Klaas was preserved in the T'Karath Sanctuary. (ENT: "Awakening")

Klingon mummies were identifiable by a particular mummification glyph. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home) Some entrepreneurs on Maranga IV claimed to have Molor's mummified head on display for a fee of 50 darseks per person. (TNG: "Firstborn") The script specified that the mumification glyph was from the Zanxthkolt Dynasty.
Vhnori remains resembled wrapped mummies, though through natural processes rather then intentional mummification.

To the nearest outpost.

Space station

You think they had time with all those damn klingons appearing?

Besides, why do they carry families anyway?

You're wrong. For a lot of people, blatant racism is clearly the reason. I understand that some people have valid points, but you're being willfully ignorant if you ignore the people bitching about having a black lead character.
See:

Are you talking about a fight or war?

Oh, you're a Star Trek newbie.

We're talking about different centuries. This new show is in the 23rd century, and they only have families on their ships in the 24th century.

Good for them, more people should exercise their freedom of expression.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_mummification_glyph

A Klingon mummification glyph was a form of carved pictograph writing used by the Klingons.

During Spock's memory test in 2286, he was asked to identify a particular symbol, which turned out to be a mummification glyph. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)

The Klingon mummification glyph seen in the fourth movie was identified in the script as coming from the earliest part of the Zanxthkolt Dynasty. The movie was not so specific.

The practice of mummification would seem to indicate that Klingons valued the bodies of their dead at some point, in contradiction to the episode "Heart of Glory"; where the Klingon body was considered a 'empty shell' immediately upon death. It should be noted that this idea was also seemingly contradicted by the practice of ak'voh. However like it ak'voh it could represent an ancient and antiquated position that is no longer commonly observed, it might also be possible that only the remains of certain important individuals were preserved. A further hint can be found in

"Emanations", where in an unfortunately unfinished sentence Chakotay seems to hint at archeological digs on the Klingon homeworld complicating the picture of Klingons not having burial rituals. At least the ancient ruler Molor might in fact have been mummified, since some entrepreneurs on Maranga IV claimed to have Molor's mummified head on display for a fee of 50 darseks per person. (TNG: "Firstborn")

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Retard

Retard was a derogatory term for someone who was mentally handicapped or their social and/or intellectual capacity was well below average.

An agent from the FBI in 1986 became frustrated with Commander Pavel Chekov while interrogating him. Chekov's "playing dumb" routine caused the agent to question his mental status. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)

"What do you think?"
"He's a Russkie."
"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Of course he's a Russkie but he's some kind of retard or something."
"We better call Washington."

- Agent #1 and Agent #2

Why isn't Lucious Malfoy in the pic?

Because he's a real actor and had better things to do than virtue signal in a picture on the internet.

How many episodes of this show are actually out?

THANKS FOR THE WIKISPAM

I just experienced my first STD.
AMA

How long do you have to live?

He refused to kneel so they fucking glassed him. He's under the table.

Aaaaaand dropped. I was making excuses for this shitshow until now but fuck them with this shit.

Only one season

love all these imbeciles backing the wrong horse

kneeling is gonna get cracked down on hard

>they only have families on their ships in the 24th century.

Where is the actual canon for that? When did the Federation actually start doing that?

kek, I love how easily triggered Sup Forumsfags are

When will my mother be home to prepare my tendies ritual? I must feed before watching another episode of STD.

No one's going to miss you Sup Forumstard

They don't look very happy.

>t. butthurt Sup Forumsfag
You won't be missed.

>Implying I have ever been to Sup Forums
>Implying I side with either of these morons about kneeling for the burger theme song

Kill yourself you tumblrina garbage.

what do you mean by eating itself?