REMEMBER 9/11?

What where you doing when the planes hit the towers?

I saw it live on tv and though it was just some 3rd world hellhole building on fire and switched channels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hajXMVL8DCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was born in August 1998, I don't remember anything before 2003.

Wikileaks just released a picture of one of the hijackers

It turns out its a FUCKING WHITE MALE

I came home from school and saw it happening on live TV

shit was awesome and it was fascinating to watch

I was born in '97, but from the little I can remember I think they put the preschool on lockdown and we were put in another room to either nap or watch a children's movie.

Some teachers stayed and listened to the news on a radio, while others went in a different room to watch it.

I was in dorm room playing Resident Evil 2 when my brother called and said "world trade has been hit"

No

>you will never browse Sup Forums at the age of five

I was watching DBZ and it fucking cut off mid cell games man I was so pissed off

MODS

I was in school. My mom picked my me up at school and when we got home all the local channels were talking about the towers. I remember switching the channel to nickelodeon to watch some of those cartoons I never got to watch midday.

Was 14 and skipping class and chilling at home. Then this shit popped up on pretty much every channel so saw the majority of it live

Same for me my dad told me to switch back the channel. I saw both of the towers collapse live and i remember thinkin "wow this shit is pretty rad".

But i didnt really get what was going on i was just 10 at the time.

>thought it was just some 3rd world hellhole building

some would say you were right

What ? This shit is absolutely politics related. This is the most significant event in the beginning of the 21. century.

Fuck off Ruski

i was playing with my sister
i was 4 at the time

It just so happened my 6th grade teacher had a relative staying in the hotel across the street. He called the school's office. They called her away, another teacher walked in, turned on the TV and the rest of the day was watching news coverage.

For a young kid, this stuff was traumatizing. I couldn't sleep and started listening to talk radio and kept it up through college.

On a swingset at my elementary school. I remember seeing several jets in the sky.

There's two boards now bro.

Anyway. I was at college and a mate got a text saying "OMG PLANES HIJACKED NEWYORK PUT ON NEWS"
I ignored it and walked home. then watched the news on loop.

I was in 9th grade history class and he turned on the TV. I just wanted to have the day off

>Be me, 12
>It's cold and raining outside, i'm comfy mode with my sister watching Cartoons in the living room
>Dad storms in and changes to a news channel, shit's going down.
>I just keep cuddling with my sister, not giving a fuck.
>End up sleeping, wake up to cartoons again, sister was also sleeping, just let her sleep while watching cartoons and rubbing my face agains't her tits
I only really cared or understood what happened when i was already 16.

My science class happened to be just before the towers fell and there was a test. I remember that teacher going "big deal, we have a test"

saw the smoldering towers at my college department, rushed home to get as much happy happening feels as possible

some things never change

What cartoon where you watching?

Dumb millennial here. How much did 9/11 influence jihadist tactics? Did suicide attacks even happen before 9/11? It's strategic timing must have left an imprint on impressionable achmeds, but then again I don't know if middle eastern people were stupid enough to already blow themselves up on the regular.

I ate a taco in remembrance of all the Mexicans lost.

Shit was so cash.
Allahu akbar.

15 years are a lot of time friendo, but i think it was something on Cartoon Network.

Just about to have a biology test, didn't revise for it. When the teacher was handing the tests out the head of the science dept ran and and whispered something into our teachers ear, we then all went into the assembly Hall and watched it on TV, then our parents came and picked us up

Bin laden saved me that day

I was sleeping, my housemate woke me up and we sat watching news for most of the day filled with rage, disgust and anger.

Faggot.

I was like 12 and thought the plane crashed in to the tower accidentally. then the second one hit and I was upset, because I was wrong about it being an accident

Will we see a happening on Western soil that matches this in our lifetimes pol?

A terrorist atack? Very unlikely. A war? Yes.

German.

Muslim nutjobs were blowing themselves up all over Chechnya well before 9/11.

Is there any alternate history stories about 9/11? Like if it didn't happen, or if Flight 93 reached whatever its target was?

Born late 1996. I remember being in the car on the way to kindergarten and hearing about it on the radio. I think I asked my dad what was going on, but I really can't be sure. However, and I don't remember this, but my parents tell me that I loved watching the planes crash into the buildings on TV. Like would get super excited and make the explosion sounds and everything.

underage b&

Flight 93 was supposedly going to fly into the white house or Capitol building. If it did reach its target then people would be even more scared and America would probably have gone on total lockdown

walking home from school I stopped at paki shop for a post school bevvy only to find Iqbal singing and dancing in front of the TV.

I was in school, 5 years old.

I think my teacher rolled in the TV to watch the aftermath news reporting.

Everything else is hazy, I might've got off school for the rest of the day, but I'm not American so I can't say for sure.

When I got home, my parents were watching the news.

That's literally all I can remember, and even then, I didn't know how big of a deal it was until I was 10 and my class had a discussion about it.

>sending kids home from school because of something happening thousands of miles away

Why?

I just remember getting in from school and my step dad watching it on the news.

watching TV in the mess on an off-day, started out just me soon the whole camp was gathered there.
was pretty chill untill we realized we soon would be dragged into US / jew oil wars.

im afraid we wont.
even a full scale civil war in, lets say, france couldnt compete.

9/11 came out of nowhere and was pure grandness. and so beautiful!

I was at school and I remember my mom picking me up early and her calling my dad and telling him to come back home. I wasn't allowed to watch the coverage so she just set up a spare tv for me and told me to play my n64.

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWY WITH IT

I don't mean literally. I had an incest relationship with my father.

The only new real thing was hijackers slamming planes into buildings. It was high profile, and put al-Qaeda on the map, but it's been a common tactic. Get some permavirgin all hyped up about the afterlife and tell them to bomb someplace.

I was hearing my parents in the other room fucking

I was in fourth grade on a field trip. Heard on the bus radio that the first tower was hit Went in to see a play and when i came out everyone was losing their shit.

My mom picked me up from school and i went home and watched the sandlot. Pretty comfy. I remember seeing the towers come down probably a thousand times It was just looped.

>in school
>oblivious, enjoying my day
>come home
>sister tells me WW3 has started

WHY GOD WHY

I was in art class, I got out of school early so I thought it was cool.

>and though it was just some 3rd world hellhole building on fire

well

I was stunned, scared. How can something like this happen to innocent people who did no wrong to anyone.

Then my dad came in reasured me that the dead where martyrs and the infidels death will send them to directly to Jannah.

Then I slept at peace, thinking of the screams of cursed infidels.

jesus fucking christ someone needs to kill that thing

well its new york so its basically a third world hellhole t b h
the cities is less then 25% white

I was on the train to work as they got hit

but I arrived in time to see them fall

all we did was watched news, played counterstrike and rainbow six on the lan all day killing terrorists.. was pretty awesome desu

Sames here
I was confused and tired as fuck ( starting working as a baker in germany)

Our world has changed sinced then.

I was getting ready for school when i saw replays of it on tv (West coast). I didn't know what it was or its significance at the time. Then i remember having a moment of silence in class.

My dad told me the freeway was clear in the morning since everyone stayed at home. He got to work super early.

I was 19 at the time, an A1C at Keesler AFB in Biloxi. Shortly after the President was in the air, we were notified that we were the emergency divert base in case some shit went down or Offutt was otherwise unavailable. Fifteen minutes later I was behind a barricade at the main gate, with an M249, three boxes of green tips, and three LAWs in the trunk behind me.

We had standing authorization to use them.

My detail pulled a 71 hour watch. We were finally relieved at 0600 on the 14th.

after 9/11 every new yorker suddenly turned into either a hero or a survivor
not saying it wasn't a great tragedy
but peoples egos skyrocketed who weren't even physically affected

Just came from school and saw it on tv and i tougth to myself "serves them right".

I was in 7th grade second period foods class in the US at the time. Ameriburgers were shitting their pants.

I thought it was cool as fuck and couldn't wait to see the city footage from inside the building. I actually said at the time "I bet they make a movie about this!" I think I was 16 at the time.

>i was 6 years old
>riding on my tricycle
>My mum was watching the television bit shocked about the happening
>Dad had the toppest keks while watching the towers burning, since he is a commie cunt
>I was like: ayy lmao and continued the ride

she loses by 1%

>Thought
It was

>he is a commie cunt

I know that feel bro my father is responsible for the existence of the green party in my district.

I saw it happening far away outside my window because we never had shades in my room. I used to live in a 24-story apartment (on the 20th floor), so when I saw smoke coming from outside I just assumed some fireworks were going off again. I was like 8 or something so I didn't really care until I saw my Grammy watching television

>12 yo
>spend the morning at school
>go home, ask mom what's for lunch
>she tells me to shut up cause she's watching the news
>see plane going building
>zero fuck given
>go play ps1
>forward one week
>family barbecue
>say i am bin laden fan for getting attention

I was probably singing the Canadian national anthem when the first one hit.

I was in 6th grade, I remember getting up, taking a shower, heading downstairs and seeing my parents glued to the tv. Didn't realize what I was seeing at first, thought they were watching some action movie with planes and explosions. My dad turns to me, white as a ghost, and says "The fucking twin towers went down"

I then got ready for school, hopped on the bus, and told the driver and a bunch of the kids what happened - it was still early in the morning so most of them heard about it on the radio and hadn't seen it on TV yet. Those of us who had, we spent the whole bus route trying to explain to everyone that - no, seriously guys - they're gone, completely - nothing left.

Got to school and a bunch of the teachers thought it was some Russian KGB plot until they learned the names of the hijackers

Got home early before my parents; neighborhood was dead silent, nobody was out, not a car on the street, creepy as fuck. Most of the TV channels were just showed a screen with sad music, saying "due to today's tragic events all programming has been suspended"

So I watched MSNBC for the rest of the day and ate some weird leftover greek pasta salad bullshit that had capers in it.

news cancel my routine tv shows,so I went play outside. happen when I 8 yo

I remember thinking a hijacked plane just meant wanting to get some hostages released and landing the plane in some Caribbean country for amnesty. Never occurred to me people would blow themselves up without getting anything tangible out of it

Listening to my radio: youtube.com/watch?v=hajXMVL8DCM

Brit.

I was in elementary school.

I remember watching the towers fall on CNN, and the shocked and scared attitudes of my family. Perhaps because my family has a military background it was more important to me. All I know is that everything I needed to know about Islam I learned on 9/11.