I hate smokers

I hate smokers.

They kill people via 2nd hand smoke and kill themselves via slow suicide.

Ben Affleck smokes. A lot.

thecut.com/2016/08/ben-affleck-smoking-through-the-pain-of-existence.html

Why should a person like that be Batman? Am I supporting the tobacco industry by buying a ticket to Justice League or his solo Batman movie?

Even when he was cast and people went crazy I was like 'Relax he's probably gonna do just fine... but I don't like that he smokes!'
If I'd be Warner Bros I'd say "Ben stop smoking if you want to be Batman!!! It's either the cigarette or Gotham City. CHOSE!!!"
It's also a bad example to our kids. 'You can be Batman even if you're a tobacco smoker.' That's awful!
Other than the smoking stuff I think he's pretty good as Bruce Wayne and ok as Batman. (I mean the fighting part is a stunt double anyways so anyone would be considered 'good' in that)

His voice is also screwed up because of the smoking. It's not a clear voice. Why would Bruce Wayne have a voice like that? Bruce Wayne doesn't smoke? I never read him smoking in a comic and haven't seen him smoke in a movie. Please prove me wrong if I am but I think Batman doesn't smoke and shouldn't have the voice of a tobacco smoker!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NN230YRGh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please smoke a shotgun barrel.

Please smoke a pistol barrel.

Please smoke a meat barrel.

i have dreams where i smoke cigarettes on a weekly basis, it always feels really good in the dream, i've never smoked irl so i don't know what it's like
it looks so cool

It's an acquired taste, but once you're in it's so fucking good

as someone that had a 2 pack a day habit user i can tell you right now that it is a shit habit

t.numale

I just bought a pack earlier for the first time in a month and it was like having an orgasm

What's the appeal of cigarettes? I can understand people being adicted to alcohol or drugs because those make you feel in a certain way and some people enjoy thst but as far as I know the only thing that smoking a cigarettes does is satisfy your adiction and nothing else.

>second hand smoke kills

Try suffering from anxiety then they start looking pretty good

>the only thing that smoking a cigarettes does is satisfy your adiction
You literally answered your own question
It feels good to scratch an itch

So that's it? People are willingly making themselves addicted to some harmful shit just so they can feel relieved when they satisfy said addiction?
That's fucking retarded.

If I had gyno this bad I'd probably smoke too lmao

The nicotine will actually help with that.

Nicotine has calming effects, and eventually you do become addicted. It's a very low key kind of relaxation, though.

How is it more retarded than willingly destroying your body with alcohol just to feel intoxicated for a little bit

try stop being a little bitch and you'll start looking pretty good

you shouldn't drink either

You must be fun to be around.

You're over analyzing it, i'm a smoker, a big one so to speak. I live in France, here, most young people smoke : it's just a thing a do.

By that i mean that we smoke like some people drink coke or like to chew gum. It's not something special or anything, just a thing that many people have in common and do together and if u dont do it is okay but why not share those moments with ur friends?

If u start pouring orange juice in your glass, you're expected to ask other people if they want some. It is kind of the same thing, it's something i can share with my friends, a social thing.

Nicotine gets you ''high'' for a while. If you smoke constantly you become tolerant to it though. The only one I feel is my morning cigarette. First cigarette I smoked got me on the floor and I almost puked.

>tfw never started smoking because I'm cheap as shit and couldn't stand thinking having a monthly bill just to feed the habit

At least alcohol does something to you so I can understand why people would like to get drunk and feel retarded for a while. Fuck, I can even understand drug addictions because those do something to you too. But from what I'm being told cigarrette addiction is the most retarded thing ever, you are literally making yourself addicted to something so you can feel relieved when you calm that addiction.
I hope I'm beng meme'd because I can't believe something as stupid as that became so widespread.

good thing you live in a country that has socialized medicine.

Do you think the smoking rates would be the same if people knew they would have to pay for their healthcare expenses out of their own pocket?

Yeah, except fucking orange juice is generally not harmful as shit.
You are literally poisoning your body because "hurr duur everyone else is doing it too" which I find incredibly stupid. If you at least experienced something weird by doing it like with alcohol and drugs I would understand but that doesn't seem to be the case so excuse if I think that you are retarded.

Nicotine's mood-altering effects are different by report: in particular it is both a stimulant and a relaxant. First causing a release of glucose from the liver and epinephrine (adrenaline) from the adrenal medulla, it causes stimulation. Users report feelings of relaxation, sharpness, calmness, and alertness.

it's just another habit like chewing gum or picking boogers, get over it

>not a drunk retard
>dont smell like smoke
you damn right I am fun to be around

Who said anything about looks?

a habit that costs $15 a pack in NYC

feels good man
goes great with beer and coffee

So it does have an effect?

well yes, if you can't afford it just pick boogers

You seem angry. Maybe you should smoke one.

>2017
>Doesn't smoke cigarettes

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?

>b-but it kills you

And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

>it's addicting!!!

It's not, as long as you're not under-aged and you can smoke in moderation

>it's....IT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Who forces you to buy a pack every day, fucking peat-gavel

For me it is smoking while having some bourbon, which for me is extremely pleasurable.

Also enjoy a smoke in the morning and after meals. The rest of the day is so/so. It is also a coping mechanism, doesn't make it a good one.

How dense are you? Cigarettes "do something" to you too, it's just less direct
People like getting drunk so they drink, people like getting high so get high, people like smoking so they smoke
It's literally all the same whether it's the substance itself directly making you feel good or if it's satisfying the craving you get in its absence
In other words, you're retarded

Chewing gum or picking boogers won't fuck up your body, retard.

I respect smokers way more than I respect vapers

>If you at least experienced something weird by doing it like with alcohol and drugs
This is honestly the most retarded thing I've heard in a while
Good job

so what are the actual pros of smoking?

>88418359
Yes i think so because money has nothing to do with it, when you're a kid like i am you don't really project that much in the future.

Only reason people give up on it is either they want to practise a sport intensively (my mother is 53, still smoke and plays tennis at high level though) or the propaganda about health has worked.

But no one is going to stop smoking because of healtcare reasons or money : price of cigarettes has increase a lot in the recent years, there was a significative drop in the consumption at first but now it as stabilized and even increase in the last years.

People like to smoke and share good moments, money is not such a big parameter i would say.

Yes. You feel high for a while. Your body feels relaxed and your ideas seems to be clearer. People who smoke constantly probably do so because of anxiety. It's a quick stress reliever. Because it calmed you once, you are tricked into thinking that smoking another will have the same effect. Unfortunately you become tolerant quickly. That's how you know you are addicted.

what's your point? are smokers fucking up your body?

>Who forces you to buy a pack every day,

Your physically dependent addiction does

It feels good when you first start doing it

But it has an effect user, read wikipedia maybe?

No, it's not the same.
I want to know why people feel compelled to smoke and keep smoking. Like I said, I can understand why someone would get addicted to alcohol or drugs because those have a clear effect that some people might find addictive but from what I got from the first replies I thought smoking wasn't like that and people just smoked to satisfy their own addiction which I found really stupid.
But I guess those guys were giving me incomplete info and after and I can understand why people would smoke.

t. non-smoker
I've smoked for 11 years and I can go without smoking for weeks easy, if you're a weak willed fag it might be another story
In that case don't ever start smoking is the only advice I can give you

So you're saying if you're stupid enough to start a habit that literally causes cancer you're stupid enough to not give a fuck about how much said cancer will cost you later on. God people are stupid.

>makes your hair fall out
>contributes to dick malfunction
>ruins your breath
>ruins your teeth
>makes you look like a fucking smoker
>increases risk of stroke and heart attack
one of the worst ongoing choices you could ever make for your body
good for bars sometimes though

Smoking helps me deal with really intense ADHD-PA. It focuses my thoughts. It's really great when I'm working on a big project for school or work, and I can just step outside for a couple minutes and think of 4-5 different ways to approach a problem. I understand your aversion to smoking if you never do much mentally or physically engaging work though.

It shows m8ie, you don't need to tell me.

>second hand smoke kills
I bet you believe in third hand smoke too, faggot.

Pros: Alters your mind and body but keeps you functional, mixes well with other drugs. It's also a social drug.

Cons: Makes you smell and look like shit, costs a lot if you're a regular smoker, cancer. Highly addictive, chances are you won't be able to only smoke one cigarette a day.

My point is that you can't compare smoking or doing drugs or drinking alcohol to chewing gum because those three things have a cleary harmful effect on your body while chewing gum won't fuck you up unless you take it way too far.

>t. non-smoker

True, I quit smoking about 3 years ago.
You can pretend that addiction isnt real, everyone says literally the same thing. The only reason you honestly believe this is because you havent tried quitting smoking.

Getting a vape and ween yourself off is pretty much the only good way to do it. And you still crave it, but you can handle the cravings after hard work

I really miss smoking.

Again, how fucking dense are you?
You say you can understand that people like to drink because they like how it feels or people like to do drugs because they like how it feels and I've explained to you already several times that just the same smokers like to smoke because they like how it feels, it's LITERALLY the exact same thing
Also, you realize that many of the drug addicts and alcoholics also like to get fucked up to avoid being sober, how is that different from satisfying your addiction

You can get the same mental break by getting up and going to get another cup of coffee.

I guess everyone wants to live to a hundred years, right?

smoke on THIS
*unfolds dick*

>First cigarette I smoked got me on the floor and I almost puked.

>And so I smoked again after that!

What is the thought process here?

Yeah me too, but I dont miss all the shitty parts of smoking

have you ever driven or rode in a car... then congratulations, you're a piece of shit according to your reasons for hating smokers. Someone going for a short drive emits like a 1000x more toxic gas into the air then someone smoking a single cigarette

>weak willed fag

Poor understanding of addiction. I can guarantee you that what you did to stop smoking is trade this addiction for another. Could be another drug or it could be something healthier like exercising. You can't really get rid of addiction, you just have to manage it.

Terrible, off-topic bait.

What conversation are you having now? The argument was that you don't need to buy a pack a day, which you don't unless you choose to
That's on you, dude

>tfw have such a low nicotine tolerance that I’ll puke after one cigarette
Probably why i never developed a habit

That's absolutely true for most people, no argument there. But I'm prescribed adderall for the ADHD and if I combine it with the caffeine, I began having panic attacks. The balance of stimulation and work load is pretty precarious for me

>The argument was that you don't need to buy a pack a day, which you don't unless you choose to

Of course not, you dont "need" to buy more heroin after a binge either, but you choose to. Its the mechanism of addiction, one you obviously dont understand and have never tried to break.

Your point means nothing

Entirely beside the point when the argument was about smoking a pack a day

Peer pressure.

Yes, some of us want to enjoy life as long as possible and we have people who give two shits about us who we don't want to make sad by dying of lung cancer at 50. Though I will admit my main reason for hating smoking so much is that my grandfather was a smoker and he died of cancer before I was even born and after I saw what that did to my mother I find smoking utterly repulsive.

eat a billion dicks

>every woman I've ever dated has been a smoker
fuck this
Everyone around me smokes for some reason, despite the number of smokers allegedly going down. I only know one other guy who doesn't smoke.

Based Big Ben

What a gay thread

>2nd hand smoke
hope your entire family gets killed by second hand smoke, you huge second hand faggot

No, I don't choose to
I've chosen to before at times, I don't now
Sometimes I go without smoking for months, other times I smoke a pack a week and sometimes I might go through a pack a day for few days depending on the situation
I don't know what you're even trying to argue here, the original user said that there's nothing forcing you to smoke a pack a day and you responded that the physical addiction actually forces you to which I jumped in and said it fucking doesn't, all it takes is the tiniest bit of mental effort to not buy another pack and that's that

t. Chewley's shill

>people do different things than i do and i DO NOT LIKE IT, MAKE THEM STOP
democrat voter detected

>second hand smoke
What a fucking meme. Wtf is forcing you to stand within 3 feet of someone smoking cigarette? Also smoking cigarettes is pretty much banned everywhere now.

What forces smokers to stand outside of doors as I try to walk in?

News flash. Not everyone cares about living as long as possible.

the law

this qt is so unbelievably fuckable

so all smokers are suicidal?

>i need to larp on the internet

Who do you think you are impressing?
You have some sort of extraordinary will that millions and millions of other smokers dont? You lack normal human tendencies?

Im sure your other high school friends are impressed IRL. Just remember you arent special and cant escape reality. You might as well quit smoking now when you naively believe youll be able to do it cold turkey.

>2017
>not smoking a pipe

A tobacco high is like a miniature adrenaline rush that is also calming. Makes you feel pretty good, until tolerance kicks in and before you know it you're hooked smoking something that doesn't even give you a buzz anymore but you continue to smoke and buy packs/cartons because the addiction already has you.

The law in a lot of states say 15 feet away from the front door.
Though nobody gives a fuck about that

>all it takes is the tiniest bit of mental effort
nicotine withdrawal manifests itself in different people in different ways and degrees

Cigarettes keeps you young.

youtube.com/watch?v=1NN230YRGh0

Not talking about everyone.

Sick argument
Christ you're fucking clown, dude

>smoking and drinking is ą̶̧̢̨̢̡̡̡̢̧̡̢̛̛̛̭̟̪͚̞̱̙̠̟͖̪̥͙͓̫̳̫̦̤͔͓̩͉̠̩̬̣̦͈͖̫͚͇̹̼͓͇̫̹̮̟̭͈̱̖̺̗̳͚͍̥͉͉̗͙̟̼͕̝̰̤̥̼̝̩̙̰̱͔̣͔͔̱͕͈̮̘͎̯̞͇̞͎͇̗̘̟̘͔̟̰̥̹̙̜͉͙̺̭̮̥̘̬̠̥̥̱͓̻͔̹̖͚̫̝͕͈̼̹̉̊̆̈́̿̾̾̉̄̔̈́́͗̌͊̈́̒̓̏̿̔͊̎͒̍͛̏̀̎́̒̐͊̔͊͂̾͛̋̆͆͒́́̾̄͆̉̑̈́̑̊̑̽̆̀̀̒̂̔̈́̒̽͗͂̽̑͆̔̓̑̃̆̎̿́̍͂͗̒͗̇̿̌̋̉̐͒͒̊͛̈͂͂͋͋̎͛͂̈́͛̐͐̎̀́̐̃́̌̋͆͌̀͗͌̏̏͛̽͑̑̿͛̂̕̚̕͘̚̚͘̚̕̕͘̚͘̚̚͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅll

He’s just a retard who thinks he’s above his habit. When lung cancer kicks in he’ll realize he dun goofed