en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_for_You
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Fielder
youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE
youtube.com/watch?v=IvplDt6lzg4
youtu.be/eu0D5mhjDyc?t=2
youtube.com/watch?v=g7WjrvG1GMk
youtube.com/watch?v=M-S6YNnCZvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're normies and they can't tell where he begins and his persona ends, this article is a prime example

tv.avclub.com/nathan-for-you-s-star-confronts-the-a-v-club-mom-who-s-1798285604

So...he is married?

May as well throw my self off the Tappan Zee.

DRRRRUMMPFEON

I see a thread about that guy posted time after time. What does he do? Is he a tv-show interviewer?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_for_You
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Fielder

Was thinking to get a quick rundown, but ok, thanks.

He is a pretty funny and creative Canadian Jewish guy that doesn't take himself too seriously. He does a show called Nathan For You that takes inspiration from shows like "The Profit" where he goes and helps out small businesses that are unaware of his act. The show subtly draws attention to the absurdity of American capitalism and entrepreneurship in that the character he plays is this empty shelled loser of sorts whose business strategies can be best described as "all execution, no idea" where as most people who fail to do anything in business are "all idea, no execution." The end result is this strange character tearing through the business world delivering insane ideas and following them to the fullest extent possible with unwavering enthusiasm.

Divorced.

He's Jewish

Some of his ideas work in fairness.
I just watched the episode where they get people to smoke in a bar by pretending it's a play.
Obviously the episode then follows Nathan's pursuit to bring the play to a bigger audience - but his initial idea actually worked.

Hey random question but does anybody know if that black chick that was on the hunk episode has any feet shots available online? She says she doesn't like wearing socks so I figure my chances have to be decent

Because he's the wizard of loneliness

what the fuck dude

yeah I want to know too

Nathan For You might be the funniest show on TV, there are moments that have made me laugh so hard I almost puked. It's really hard to describe it in a way that does it justice.

As the other user said, he has a """reality""" show where he tries to help failing businesses. He comes in with ideas to make more money that are usually very strange, but still plausible & possible enough that the business owners agree to it.

And then he just takes these ideas into reality, step-by-step, creating a wormhole of autistic anti-logic that carries these small businesses into absolute fucking insanity by the 5-minute mark of most episodes. Basically, the whole joke is seeing just how far these people will go into madness before saying "stop, this is ridiculous." And it turns out that people will go along with pretty much anything if there's a camera pointing at them, and a chance of profit at the end of it.

do you think he befriended him out of character after the show? seems like a bro desu

>Basically, the whole joke is seeing just how far these people will go into madness before saying "stop, this is ridiculous."

It's all fake you retard

Nah.

He always treats blacks like shit on the show

It really isn't. Some people catch on that it's all a joke and you can tell they're just playing along. But they're real businesses, real people, and Nathan & his crew play it straight the whole time.

Yah

Bullshit

What's the hardest you've laughed at the show?

I think his demonstrating the Asian accent to the Asian chick was it for me. I couldn't fucking breathe afterwards

>OOOOO WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PARK YOUR CAR??

First time on Sup Forums, friend?

This was it for me, this fucking guy almost killed me with laughter

Compelling argument, how will user recover

Ghost Realtor probably. There's so many great moments though
Bill Gates impersonator and the Hunk really stand out aswell

The best part was how he prefaced it with he's totally not racist and is just really bad at impressions or something like that. Like you knew it was coming and it was perfect.

>claiming normies/reddit dislike something to trick Sup Forums into liking it

would be clever if it wasn't depending on Sup Forums being so stupid

That whole episode is gold.

Worst bit in your opinion, fellas? I'd have to say the dead fly segment. Was a bit too over the top imo but the payoff with the gravestone was p funny

fuck these were great. also the one when he lent some couple's kid to put in the sound-proof box during a gangbang

hey does Nathan lend itself well to being rewatched? havnet seen the previous seasons in forever

What? I always thought that it was either staged or that they were at least in on the joke. The whole gas station episode can't be real can it? This would be quite insane.

What? Do you not watch nathan for you?

I'd say so. I've been rewatching them with a buddy over the past few nights and it still gets us even though we've both seen them all.

The racist cartoonist gets me everytime

honestly this, i'll literally gasp for air i laugh so hard, it's the funniest shit ever made of all time in all of entertainment. I'd even rate the show above classics like The Wire, Sorpanos and Planet Earth.

+1, by far the funniest thing I've seen on television

Holy fuck I know, he dragged it out for like 2 minutes and it somehow manages to be even funnier than you think it'll be

Ghost realtor
>exorcist: an incubus is a spirit that makes love to a person until they die
>realtor: that sounds similar to what happened to me in Switzerland
>Nathan: wait, what happened in Switzerland?
That or episode 1 where he lets Jon Benjamin tell him what to say in a job interview.

Guys is Survivor real??

>that body switch when he gets into the car

Look what I got guys.

Our /jew/

one of the very few times he breaks character. That, and the time where he drives home the drunk dude who says he bangs girls with his brother

Nice! That black dude seems like such a bro :3

souvenir shop, toy company and daddy's watching (outside the burka stuff) were all crappy I thought

timestamp or bust

i think the most objective and "right" answer here (if there even is one) is the little boys piss scene, even Nathan falls out of charcter in that scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

Other than that i love those sad genuine moments he has with people at times like the pizza guy "you know what they say, last guys finish last"

and everything with wolfe "i can catch the foolball"

or the "i love you. Again. I love you. Again" haha

his reaction to the piss clerk seems so legit too.

Well everyone knows they're gonna be on a TV show. It's free advertising & exposure for the businesses. And it's all set in & around LA, so a lot of the random participants are glad for a chance to be on camera. So like I said, if people catch on that it's a joke, they'd still want to just play along and finish the episode as long as their business isn't destroyed by the end of it.

But nah, they play it straight and they don't warn people ahead of time what they're in for, and a lot of this stuff just gets made up on the fly as Nathan's dealing with the complications that come from trying to execute these ideas.

I found Daddy's Watching really funny though
>that insane stalker dad

>I'm not a nerd

This, for fuck's sake this. He was trying to gross the clerk out by talking about that random dude that drinks his own piss, but the clerk just whips out a photo of his grandson and suggests that baby piss is better, you can tell Nathan did not fucking expect that.

Every question he asked the guy just made the whole thing weirder and weirder, I was still laughing about that shit for hours after the episode ended. Fucking gold

the "I love you" had me in stitches, literally had to pause the video

Holy shit. Watching it I sometimes wondered, but in the end I just thought it was staged (even if it were it's still funny as fuck).
I have to watch it again now I guess. It's been a long time too.
You mean the detective must have been really weirded out by Nathan then? Man, the composure he keeps. Just for publicity, that is dedication.

It's not really that rare my dude. They had them at a handful of convenience stores around the country, and one of them happened to be the place where I normally get Chinese food and beer. Was a weird coincidence actually.

>"tell her about the alligator"

I truly think that might be the greatest joke set up I have ever seen.

that's pretty neat, do you have the full paper? would be pretty fun to read what the ghost writer wrote

youtube.com/watch?v=IvplDt6lzg4
Who remembers

Part of me feels like the clerk was just messing with him. Like everybody assumes old foreign people are all nuts so they can pull this kind of shit on you. Regardless it's the best moment of the series

shit there are too many great moments in this show

Reminder: Anthony is /our guy/
>were you there?

It's only a few pages, I think they have a full pdf on the Nathan subreddit if you're curious. It's kinda funny just in the sense that other than the name of the paper it is just a sincere attempt at making a real newspaper. Like he actually unironically tried his best.

>Have to climb into a small room with a gator to get a coupon

Can you please go inside?

that had to be scripted right?

This thread feels super reddit, right?

Without getting full Sup Forums what is nathan really getting here with the holocaust stuff. Even the most recent episode he refers to dipping into his 'holocaust money' or something to that effect which I find hilarious.

Yeah even if it's not scripted he's clearly in on the joke. That whole thing was just played way too much like a comedy bit to have happened, still funny though.

Kosher piss

Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious myself. The whole premise of the episode didn't even seem as if he wanted to sell it as anything but an episode with more direction.

It has to pay off, mentioning the holocaust money seems so much like a set up for something further.
Yeah everyone knows sincerely enjoying things is reddit.

Nobody is even shitposting wtf reddit

Personally him getting the mall Santa to tell the soccer kid about his whole family dying in space got me the hardest.

Come on this shit has to be lifted from reddit:

>It has to pay off, mentioning the holocaust money seems so much like a set up for something further.

Seems he spent all the money and had to show all those ads in the celebration special to recoup it?

i don't know if this sounds appealing to me or not. name three (3) somewhat similar shows.

fuck off I've been here since 2008.
>muh Sup Forums needs to be edgy and contrarian
this is what the Sup Forums r/the_donald has turned this website into

It's like a hidden camera show, except the guy setting up the scenarios and doing the commentary is also playing a part.

Without trying to sound like a hipster, there aren't a lot of shows like this. Think just the most absurd, awkward man you can imagine being given the keys to several legitimate businesses.

don't do us any favors, just watch it if you want to see some amazing comedy

100% This.
You're only revealing how new and little you belong here.

>+1
If you've really been here since 2008 you know that no one writes that shit

>no one
i didnt see posting came with a code of conduct

>Is he a tv-show interviewer?

Kinda.

youtu.be/eu0D5mhjDyc?t=2

"Nirvana the Band the Show", "Jon Glaser Loves Gear", "The Modest Adventures of David O'Doherty".

the one with the jewish clothing line, theres a part at the end where the guy they're showing the display to opens a tiny oven and sees a tiny skeleton inside

Nathan For You might not be scripted, but this is.

Holy fuck. The guy tells the truth and gets seen as insane.

This show is too good.

No shit but it's a great comedy bit.

It actually is real which is why they often times end up working with foreigner owned companies who have owners and employees that don't typically have a wide breadth of knowledge of american made media so they're not going in already knowing what's up. That's why its so painfully awkward.

how do they avoid lawsuits? I mean i get that they make people sign shit before they get on the show ofc, but i'm talking about outside groups like Starbucks or child protective services for the anti - sex box, or just any group or person. A lof of their shit seems to be in an grey area

I mean h3h3 got sued by some random guy and it went to court, and amercans throw out lawsuits left and right so you would think he'd have a couple of em hanging over him?

I think Star Bucks did file a suit against Dumb Star Bucks, or at least forced them to change the name in some manner.

The greatest ever told.
youtube.com/watch?v=g7WjrvG1GMk

That episode made me cringe so much.

That whole "I love you" part was unbearable. I know that was the intention but so much cringe.

The starbucks thing was avoided under the satire/parody law. They got away with it because you were paying for tickets to the "play" and not the actual coffee. The sex box was fine because the kid wasn't actually exposed to any sexual acts because he was in the box, and his parents had consented.

as he said its 100% real and "in on the joke" fans and what not have gone to various events hes thrown during the show (like fake starbucks and the Summit Ice jacke shit) all confirm this and that as the show became more popular you'll now have a mix of in on the joke guys and "normies".

the business are also just normies that have been nowhere near the likes of reddit and probably not heard about some mildy popular among 20 something milenials hipster show that nathen really is.

they see a camera and agree to everything, they find nathan bit goofy, but hey he's in show buiz thats probably why and they strole along. Some probably catch on to that they're making a comedy type thing but just goes along for the free exposure (i think detective wolfe has kinda cought on by now) , others are completly oblivious to whats going on

youtube.com/watch?v=M-S6YNnCZvA

>the way he sits on couch while shes on the phone