How Do feminists explain that the strong female movie characters universally considered best are mothers defending...

How Do feminists explain that the strong female movie characters universally considered best are mothers defending their children/family?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-Xj24Gdxds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ITS DUH PAYTREEARCHEEE

I dunno but I feel like watching Terminator 2 now

Wrong.

Beat me to it

>not knowing newt is a surrogate for ripley's abandonment guilt

Ellen and Newt had a mother/daughter relationship though.

Not Ellen Ripley

she was the mother figure to newt, faggot

Not in the first (and best) one

Interestingly enough, that part was originall written for a man. Look it up

Ripley's daughter died while she was lost in deep space, as you hear in the special edition.
Newt is therefore her surrogate daughter, it's a very clear thing to see if you're not a moron

Her cat was her family

>not realizing that Ripley is the surrogate mother figure for Newt and that Ripley is so protective because of the pain she feels from her real daughter having grown old and dying while she was in hypersleep

Nigga pls

>first and best one
Newt wasn't even in the first movie, and Ripley wasn't really the heroine, she was just the one person in the cast of the horror movie the monster didn't kill

>ALIEN > ALIENS

Dems fighting wurds!
youtube.com/watch?v=X-Xj24Gdxds

Didn't Amanda Ripley died as an old lady with cancer?

"I''m no man ! weeeee ! "

Nips are better at this.

She was the person who handled the situation best in the first movie, and made the best decisions like not wanting to open the doors due to quarantine when the facehugger attacked.

Leave it to Hackson to miss the tone of the scene in the books and make it a "stronk womyn" moment

>1st Ripley=crazy cat lady IN SPACE

mind=blown

yes, while ripley was floating around frozen for 60+ years
it's still no comparison to what her character does in the second movie. She's smart but she's also running around scared in her underwear for awhile