Night time, my time Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14053125
goo
youtube.com/watch?v=fN3Ta4Dlx2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that It's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder is a cuck. (Pic is local Antifa leader)

strawpoll.me/14053125
strawpoll.me/14053125
strawpoll.me/14053125
strawpoll.me/14053125
strawpoll.me/14053125

>Dick Tremayne
>Baddie

I just marathoned Inland Empire

Did I like it?

Of course

Diane, I will now list—in ranking order—the top 20 episodes of Twin Peaks, the original run.

1. Lonely Souls 2x7
2. Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer 1x3
3. Beyond Life and Death 2x22
4. Pilot 1x1
5. May the Giant Be With You 2x1
6. Realization Time 1x7
7. Demons 2x5
9. The One-Armed Man 1x5
9. Coma 2x2
10. Cooper's Dreams 1x6
11. The Orchid's Curse 2x5
12. The Last Evening 1x8
13. Traces to Nowhere 1x2
14. Rest in Pain 1x4
15. The Man Behind the Glass 2x3
16.Wings of Love 2x18
17. Drive with a Dead Girl 2x8
18. Arbitrary Law 2x9
19. Laura's Secret Diary 2x4
20. Path to the Black Lodge 2x20

based eddie. fuck trump.

Only thing nicer than Laura's cute face is her ta ta's

Don't forget about her big fat enormous butt!

it's the final /tpg/ say something nice about this lady

is that a tattoo on her wrist?

I thought I was the only one who liked that delicious flat chest, based user

It’s for tracking like in the Holocaust in case she escapes Lynch’s basement

Benjamin Horne is a genuinely intriguing and fun bad guy. I loved him in the original show, up until he turned good that is.

honestly my favorite scenes with him are when he thinks he's a confederate general

Give Sam Stanley ____

goo DOT gl/Qu7gsD

Ben's arc into goodness is one of the only okay things about late season 2.
>tfw Beverly says "You're a good man, Ben"

based blue rating poster

>Path to the Black Lodge making the list

Well I suppose you have the entirety of Season 1 and the good bits of Season 2 so something had to fill it out...

I found it really interesting how in that scene, neither of them are emotionally impacted by the woman that almost died at the hands of Richard Horne, but they both get teary eyed reminiscing about old times.

Really great scene, desu. I hated Part 12, but I do love that scene.

Actually a solid episode, user. It didn't just make the list cause it had to, but I do genuinely enjoy that episode, definitely one of the solid ones from that 2nd half. Wings of Love is just genuinely comfy and fun and good.

Here's the template if somebody wants to do one

>I hated Part 12,

THE GLAD HAND.

>"Agent Cooper, there's somebody to see you in the conference room. I've never seen him before" and never does the audience
>menacing pull back to Coop and Annie scene that ends in shallow spooky syrup dripping
>Oh man! Ben is shocked to see someone in his office, who is it??/
>what's going on with the arms????

I understand they didn't know they were gonna get cancelled, but regardless Gyllenhaal and Engels tried to capture something only Lynch has got.

>Let's make more Twin Peaks, but instead of doing what made the show wildly popular and hugely influential, let's focus on the stuff that got the show cancelled and the movie that flopped!

No way Showtime is paying for more of this heap of disappointment.

Say what you will about that, at least it is giving way to some tension in the air leading up to the finale, whether it is as effective as the show had once been is another thing, but it actually felt like it was introducing some darkness and spooky tension back into the show.

I like 2x20 (Path to the Black Lodge) way more than I like 2x21 (Miss Twin Peaks) that episode is just dumb.

I wish I had a webm of this scene

>be me
>go to local theater to watch a showing of FWWM for the 25th anniversary
>David Lynch is working the counter, says I can’t buy a ticket on my own due to the no-singles policy instituted to keep virgins from shooting up the place
>he says “Don’t worry user, I think I can help you out”
>opens a trapdoor to the cellar behind the counter and goes in
>I can hear Lynch yelling and some indistinct screaming and sobbing from the cellar
>a few minutes later he returns up with Sheryl Lee on a leash
>gives her to me so I can buy a ticket and get by the no-singles policy

Pretty based of my theater desu, I didn’t even have to worry about the designated shooter since Sheryl has the VIP Protection Plan

>let's make a very 90s show that got cancelled again
or
>let's take some risk and make something new and refreshing

Plus the ending was really good and ominous.

how can you remake le nostalgic goofy show with half the original cast dead/too old? it was meant to be this way retard

>I like 2x21 (Miss Twin Peaks) that episode is just dumb.

>the giant warns cooper about the miss twin peaks
>he goes anyway

am I the only one that hated that? what was even the point of the giant saying no if cooper was just going to ignore it anyway?

Why is Cooper even letting the fucking contest play out? None of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Lets assume he's using the contest as bait for Windom, even then.. you don't have to let it all play out, the trap is set, he's obviously in the building so just lock it down and hunt him down.

Does anyone actually know what the hell happened in Beyond Life and Death? Other than the definite stuff like Evil Coop how much is just theory?

What's with the singer and the flashing lights? Why did they say Hallelujah? How much of E22 is actually in the Black Lodge and how much is in limbo?

yeah its pretty dumb, and the fucking log lady disguise, how did anyone fall for that?

I have no answers to your questions but since Mr C was on fire like Windom does that mean he had his soul taken out like Windom did?

The original run was great when it was great, awful at its worst, but The Return is like four great hours and 14 hours of pure filler and cameos from Lynch's TM buddies. Part 17 is worse than Super Nadine. It left a bad taste in my mouth, luckily the ending was great after that.

But so much of season 3 was just Lynch jerking himself off.

The original run was goofy, so is season 3. But the central mystery in the original run is so much more satisfying than S3. Less wasted and pointless characters. Almost all of season 3 goes absolutely nowhere.

Why do people like Rick and Morty so much? I just don't see the appeal.

Well, it's hard to nail down every detail in the black lodge and why exactly it is there, I think it's probably counter intuitive to think of it in that way.

What seems clear about the finale is that it is Cooper's struggle and ultimate loss against fear. His boyscout and black/white view of the world, everything needing an answer, evil being clearly defined, same with good.

He's always been in over his head, and here he was faced with it all and he lost. Season 3 he's still the same way, trying to change things when he can't. Dougie did more good being a passive observer in the world than Cooper managed to do by interfering with these extreme forces.

Great explanation. It's amazing how much Lynch created all to point towards a central theme. So is Major Briggs the only to be "tested" and pass? If you make it through with perfect courage are you granted access to the white lodge?

Windom was way too silly, I don't know what Frost was thinking with that. That one scene where his face is pale white and lips black is kind of spooky but that's more or less it, I guess under Lynch's direction in the finale he isn't so bad.

I think he could have been really good. The actor was fine for the most part, and the backstory with Cooper was interesting. But the disguises and all the over the top campy bond villain stuff was retarded. If he was more menacing and series like Mr C in S3 he would have been great.

>series
fucking auto correct, sorry, meant serious

Can't really just give Lynch the credit for that, Mark Frost is undoubtedly also responsible for the human side to Cooper, and especially responsible for fleshing out the lodges.

It's really crazy that the actual mythology of the show was not expanded upon up until the very worst stretch of episodes of season 2 came along, yet while those episodes go by largely ignored, their contributions to the lore has been wholly accepted by not just fans but Lynch himself.

Season 3 is especially influenced by that 2nd half of season 2.

Perfect.

I'm still new to tp, only just finished S2 and started researching. Watching FWWM now and have yet to see S3.

I see. It is influenced by it, but I should say it is a whole different beast. But despite that shit half being so bad, it still did so much to the lore, I don't think the words "Black Lodge" was spoken until one of the worst episodes, I think Episode 11 of Season 2 or something.

FWWM is incredible, enjoy it user. Shit is about to get different, and a whole lot less comfy and innocent. The veneer has fallen off to reveal the ugly truth behind

FWWM is the best part of the series

Close your laptop/phone and immerse yourself, we’ll be here when its over

AI DID NAT KILL NYANYBODY

imagine if you were a student at twin peaks hig school and as a funny prank audrey laura donna and shelly tied you up in the girls bathroom and made you their pusy slave for weeks and no one realized you were trapped in there haha

Laura didn't shower at all in the last week of her life

Imagine the smell of her pusy in this scene haha

I rewatched ep 5 and I can't for the life of me think what that black box in a bowl in an attic in Buenos Aires is. The woman Duncan Todd subcontracts killing Dougie to, who in turn subcontracts it to that pair of hitmen, looked very worried when she heard they failed (??) and she reluctantly calls / texts someone - "Argent" - from her blackberry; is "Argent" the black box? Evil Cooper is ultimately her employer via Duncan Todd, why would she need to contact either of them via a relay station in Buenos Aires of all places? And then the box turns into a little ball after getting a coded phone call (???) from Evil Cooper in prison. And its never seen or referred to again except when the agents talk about "our man in Buenos Aires"...?

>actually giving credit to based frost

ha ha ha you must be new here

You've been given the MAD hand by Ernie.

Triggered?

its important to seperate politics from musicians because most are left-leaning and tend to do shit like this. I guess Vedderfags BTFO HAHAHAHA

Season 3 is a lot like the second half of season 2, only with great directing. It's more like the last half of season 2 than anything else.

Vedderchecked.

fuck u mark twin peaks is probably my favorite show and secret history was unironically one of the most boring things I've ever read

F

lol...

can someone upload this scene to the youtubes?

I'm late but name a more comfy scene

Above the convenience store / hotel / wallpaper house is called THE ZONE. Triforce is map of cosmology (twin peaks symbol with additional triangle on top). Black lodge / white lodge / The Zone / Judy symbol area

Childhood is idolizing Lynch as a patrician of film

Adulthood is realizing Sheryl was responsible for all the kino

She unironically and truthfully was. She's the reason for the FWWM ending, and why that rape scene didn't end up going that dumb route.

>What's with the singer and the flashing lights?
That's MFAP using his e l e c t r i c a l powers to conjure a performer, the whole 'i'll see you under the sycamore trees' is probably alluding to his definitive escape from the lodge in part 18 and meeting Diane. The flashing lights is the low budget way (but also very unique like everything Lynch) to depict electricity, do note that it appears when the powers are used (BOB subduing Earle, the doppelgänger possessing Cooper, Laura's doppel charging, etc).

>Why did they say Hallelujah?
I think it's a greeting, just like the Arm's whooping sound is also shown. MFAP shares many thing with the Giant, I believe they are 'friends' or at least work together to mantain a balance. MFAP sits in the Waiting Room/Part Black Lodge, The Giant is below in the White Lodge/Purple Sea, and Judy above in the black void.

>How much of E22 is actually in the Black Lodge and how much is in limbo?
It's left to interpretation on how much of the Red Room is actually exclusively THE black lodge, or just the Waiting Room, a place inbetween. I believe Cooper only gets to the black lodge after he fails the coffee metaphor/test to see if his courage is intact, after he fails (coffee turns to BOB oil, that the Log Lady mentioned earlier) by the rules of neutral territory where both parties are present (MFAP / Giant/Señor Droolcup), it's then allowed for BOB to possess him/merge with his dark side.

youtube.com/watch?v=fN3Ta4Dlx2M

source for the FWWM ending? I've seen people say that on this general but I've never found a source

what I don't get is why Cooper bothered making a new Dougie, if he knew he was going to the past to drastically change it. That change would make Dougie not exist in the first place. Not unless it's some type of alternative timeline he went to.

Why is the ring so important in FWWM?

because they wanted to show it does bad stuff to people

So it's meant to symbolize the black lodge, which symbolizes evil? "Don't take the ring" as in don't do bad things?

taking the ring binds you to the lodge

You have to realize that Dale is a flawed protagonist, he has a very simple way of looking at the world, he knew that Laura taking the ring would result in her death, this was his attempt at saving her. He thinks evil can be beaten.

Laura couldn't be saved, though, and she knew this. She had already been beaten by Bob, and in the end she took the ring and sacrificed her life to end the cycle of abuse, instead of letting Bob win.

So the nurse who took the ring at the end of S2 will be taken to the black lodge?

The ring is a tool of the Lodge that the spirits use to bind people to the Lodge, so it's not just a symbolic thing. As for Coop saying that, is right. Coop was naive and thought Laura being abused and inhabited by BOB but alive was the best fate for her. Instead, wearing the ring got her killed but it meant she was safe from BOB, hence her tears of joy in the ending.

It too has been marked by the devilish one

Best boy comin' through

Why did Harold look at Donna’s tits after he said “There are some things you can’t get anywhere”

WHERE IS HE?¿?¿?

(not user you replied to) I enjoyed S3 as well, but I wish they focused more on the town itself. Lynch does great side stories, I think he could have set them in TP itself. The comfy atmosphere would be a better contrast to the creepy Lodge scenes.

*BOING* sound effect
Really, David?

>Blue within blue
MUAD'DIB!

>canned audio of audience going “oooooo” and whistling

Maybe, if she dies wearing it 'right' yes. But if she wears it on the left hand in the spiritual finger her arm will go numb.

Laura woke up with a numb left arm just from handling the ring

Oh shit I need to rewatch FWWM

>Single frame of David Lynch masturbating

Holly shit, “Demons” is such a fucking good episode, what a perfect episode to lead into “Lonely Souls”. So many classic scenes, and the ending is so powerful that it rivals even the Lynch material.

Probably my favorite episode that wasn’t directed by him.

Sheryl screaming is CUTE!