October Horror Film Marathon

every October I like to get into the Halloween spirit and watch a horror movie every night, leading up to the 31st -- which is when I watch John Carpenter's Halloween.

Tonight I'm starting with Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors. DESU senpai I've never seen this one before, in fact I've never been a huge fan of Nightmare on Elm Street, but i heard this ones good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TEcjUE6XDeY
imdb.com/title/tt0081178/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_30
youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh sweet, I’ve been wanting to do this too. I relegate myself to horror comedy though, as it’s a more fun genre for me.

I got Evil Dead 2 on standby for tonight.

1, 3: Dream Warriors and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are the best films of the franchise. 4: The Dream Master is alright, 2: Freddy's Revenge is a lot of fun if you like laughing at unintentional homoeroticism, 5: The Dream Child is bad, Freddy's Dead has the worst writing of the entire franchise but it's more entertaining than 5.

Spot on assessment here.

Can you post your list of movies you plan to watch by day?

Hadnt planned a marathon but im watching Lifeforce right now.

>unintentional homoeroticism
That was all intentional m8

youtube.com/watch?v=TEcjUE6XDeY

80s kino

Probably will watch Fires in the Sky and Amityville Horror next.

I don't know, the director has always insisted he didn't know and for decades the writer denied making the script intentionally homoerotic. Although a few years ago the writer said it was completely intentional.

I typically don't know what I'm going to watch until that night; but I have a basic list of the movies I'm definitely watching. im tempted to include some episodes of Tales from the Crypt but maybe not

Rosemary's Baby
Friday the 13th Part 5
Possession
Monster Squad (why not?)
Bride of Frankenstein
It Follows
The Fly (1986)
The Fly (1958)
Of Unknown Origin
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
The Mist
Lost Highway
Black Christmas

please feel free to recommend some if you'd like

>New Nightmare...
Not this shit again.

It's true.

Miss muh?

I do the 31 horror movies thing too, although I completely failed last year. I think the year before that was the only one where I hit 31 movies within the month. I've never been able to watch one a day and probably won't ever. I double up or marathon when I can to make up for missed days.

WELCOME TO PRIMETIME, BITCH

You would be better off watching "The Monster Club" from 1981. The ghouls segment is amazing.

imdb.com/title/tt0081178/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_30

I personally recommend Sinister (2012), but I know a lot of people here think it's shit. It's worth it just for the kill films and the amazing soundtrack.

>every October I like to get into the Halloween spirit and watch a horror movie every night, leading up to the 31st
wow i bet no one else does that

No, New nightmare is a muddled mess that handwaves plot with dream logic. Its not the worst but its not any better then dream child.

Silent Hill
Insidious
Jason in Space

Deal with it. Easily in the top of three of Freddy movies. Psychological slow burn horror bests campy one-liner throwing, sunglasses wearing Freddy every time.

No. I will not deal with it. That's complete shit anyway. Freddy was a fun character and then they tried to revive him with that movie to make him all dark and gritty. It didn't work. It feels completely removed from the other movies. I'm tired of people saying it's some how the best in the series. It has to be a meme. Or the people who saw it, started with it first or are younger. The ending completely shits the bed and ruins whatever it had in the beginning anyway. That ending Freddy opening his mouth is one of the worst scenes ever.

I thought New Nightmare was dull and the kid was obnoxious. i wouldn't watch it again.

>finally find a bunch of interesting looking action / horror movies
>they are all not released
what the fuck. why cant I find any interesting looking ones from before 2017?

>It feels completely removed from the other movies.

And that's a good thing because the franchise had become a lame joke, poor imitation of itself. It works far better than nearly any of the sequels.

youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
Higher quality version.

>Silent Hill
Fucking finally, someone else who likes it.

Fright Night (1985)