Can someone please fucken explain why critics (and the parrot sqwakers on Sup Forums who imitate their opinions) hate...

Can someone please fucken explain why critics (and the parrot sqwakers on Sup Forums who imitate their opinions) hate this movie?

I want valid sussinct reasons--explain yourselves you fucken nigger cunt faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3yY1FsT1cA
youtube.com/watch?v=mVlxueVius8
youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think if Kill Bill came out today, it would get 10s across the board.

ok fucken piece of shit, that's not what I asked.

i don't know about critics but i hate it because it's boring unoriginal shit

F*ck Drumft and f*ck white ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want specific fucken examples you piece of fucken shit!

It's just a silly action movie that is a homage to all of Tarantino's favorite action movies. While it's not my favorite i don't think it was bad.

they are too dumb to see past the surface

I'm pretty sure this was almost universally liked by critics and fans when it came out. I went and saw it back in 2003 with my mom and we both really liked it.

this, reservoir dogs, and pulp fiction are the only good Tarantino films

Be specific fucken faggot.

its unoriginal and derivative of greater works

good for a shlocky murderfest, but it's not "good" in the way a critic would care

like most of Tarantinos flicks, it's greatest selling point is "just turn off your brain dude!"

Give specific fucken examples you parrot squawking imitator.

It is overrated trash

why, explain yourself parrot squawking phoneposter.

haven't seen, won't see it, whenever i ask why somebody has recommended it, they say either "it's got an awesome sword fight" or some variation of "QT at his best"

phoneposters must die.

it is trash because it is garbage

phoneposter just die already m8.

Because it was released in the 00's and not the 10's.

Watch prison lady scorpion, lady snowblood, lone wolf and cub and you'll release its washed out unoriginal schlock

>jackie brown

I haven't seen this movie in 10 years or so but here's my thoughts. First off though Tarantino had two good films, Pulp and Dogs. Everything since then has been dogshit and progressively worse and worse.

I don't like how the action is so over dramatized. It makes the movie less believable. I remember the gore being ridiculous, the acting being forced, the scenes being corny and overall stuff that really only works in cartoons/manga/anime. In other words none of it felt believable. It was just a superhero movie in a sense. If you enjoy superhero movies more power to you but you have absolutely no taste and are what is killing movies today.

I don't HATE the movie, but it's a flick and nothing more. I thought Uma did as well as she could have and I like the idea of a female badass protagonist which is rare to see. But all the dynamics between the characters again were forced and unnatural. Nothing felt organic or alive, it may sound weird but the whole thing just felt like a "movie". It was hard to lose oneself in it.

But yeah overall it's a pretty dumbed down in your face rock-em-sock-em piece of shit.

TLDR should have just been an anime or something

That's not an argument phone poster---what in the movie of kill bill made it bad?

You have failed to provide an example with any of the baseless points you've made.

Phoneposter.

that's absolutely correct because movies today are so bad it's comical, the best of the worst

please kys. only 16 year olds and wizards like this movie

The Kill Bill duology are Tarantino's best films by far.

They bring his "Cinema Collage" aesthetic to the logical conclusion, and he hasn't made a good film since they released.

He has gone from borrowing from greater films to trying to be his own director, and it has failed. This will remain his visual triumph.

The fact that it try to be edgy and boundary pushing but these films have literally been made since the early 70s?
The fact there are film 40 years older than it that do it better?
It just comes off as a tacky homage to superior films

Worst thing is autistic fags like you like it.
Also it's too stylized and of little substance.
There, now fuck off back to your cuck shed.

I like how the only real critique is that it's not original and heavily influenced. That alone doesn't take away from the acting, action, style, music, performances, editing, iconic scenes, its cultural impact, direction, ect. Can any of you honestly say it's not a well-made film? Aside from Tarantino taking many great elements from other films, can you deny that what he made wasn't good? Can you really say you didn't enjoy the film? It's fine if you don't like the movie but at least explain why and expand beyond "hurr not original"

>he thinks style isn't substance
>"too much style"

Yikes

You're an idiot.

Provide examples to your points or shut the fuck up parrot squawker phoneposter.

You have failed to provide an example to your claims---fuck off phoneposter.

Thank you--you are highlighting on the fact that critics of the film are 99% parrot squawkers who can't come up with their own opinions to save their lives.

You are such a fucking meme, and Pulp Fiction is garbo

You have no argument. Visual aesthetics and flair, even those that have been utilized elsewhere, can be recontextualized in new and interesting ways, which has always been Tarantino's strength. He's a cinephile with wacky taste and the drive to get more made.

Fuck off with your need for realism.

You are an example of my claims, you tremendous faggot.
You're such a failure of a person people would rather say it's shit than to be associated with you.
Do you see now? Even if KB was the pinnacle of cinamatic achievement like you think, you'd still be the blemish on its legacy.
So in a way, you as an individual, are the worst thing about it.
Perhaps you should kill yourself?

>Thank you--you are highlighting on the fact that critics of the film are 99% parrot squawkers who can't come up with their own opinions to save their lives.

I wasn't commenting on critics so much as I am about the people ITT.

what the fuck are you talking about? I'm giving an overview critique of the movie. You know, like a review? Like I said I saw it a decade ago, but based on your picture alone I thought that that scene was inept. You have a million henchman that are basically worthless, there is no tension because you know that she's just going to rip all these goons apart in various overly dramatized ways. Just like a mindless action flick, you know the hero is going to win and you know it's going to be a bloodbath.

Her costume, their costumes. The incredible hot little asian minx with that crazy weapon she swings around. I can't stop rolling my eyes. It's all just silly. Eye candy, nothing more. Again something that works in a comic book but when translated to the live action is just god awful.

I suppose I could probably write a fucking thesis on how not really too great this movie is but that would take time. Check out the reviews on youtube for the star wars prequels from redlettermedia. Those movies are so much worse of course but you kind of remind me of someone who needs to be carefully sat down with and explained why you are so much of a fucking dumbass. No offense of course.

>doesn't understand the balance of substance and style
What are you 11...?
You really think "realism" detracts from stylization...?
This exchange is over, you are the dumbest fucker here by a mile.

Your arguments are flawless.

ad hominem attacks lol.

Phoneposter gonna cry now that he has been revealed as a sharlotan who can't form opionions on his most favourite hobby of "watching films" hahahahahah how is that a hobby? You just sit there nigga and watch like a chicken ahhahahahah

Listen--you basically just admitted "I don't like the action film genre"---which is a totally different thing altogether.

You provided an example of how Kill Bill has tropic action film elements in it, in specific reference to the action heavy scenes and characters.

Ok fair enough--but some of us enjoy action films, and as far as pulling off that genre, I think Kill Bill did it well.

I consider rewatchability to be very important for films, and I found Kill Bill extremely rewatchable.

If you don't like action films, you don't like actions films, your opinion is kinda tainted on giving your opinion on kill bill--it's like a country music critic critiquing rap.

Holy fuck you can't read.

>doesn't understand the balance of substance and style

They are not exclusive, substance is style and style is substance. A film with very little to say but has innovative combinations of filmic techniques is still stylish. Look at the films of Brakhage for example.

>realism detracts from stylization

When you claim "it's too stylized" that's what it sounds like you're saying, Kill Bill is decidedly unrealistic as a part of its style, so what exactly are you trying to say here?

Quit the Ad-Hominem faggot and defend your points or leave.

>This triggered over shitting on a mediocre movie
kek you're embarrassing yourself

I dislike the film. My reasons boil down to the elaborate fight scenes and cinematography trying to excuse the god-awful acting and dialogue. Uma Thurman can't act, and neither than Lucy Liu. Or maybe they can, but Tarantino does not know how to direct them. Apart from the flashbacks, the movies did not have to be out of sequence

He's not listening to any valid argument anyway, don't bother.
He's some weeb autist or something

Please explain exactly how uma therman or Lucy Luis performance was an example of "bad acting"---I want specific examples.

I ask you, are realistic performances needed in a film steeped in the tropes of dubbed Martial arts films and anime? Both of which derive a style with poor acting (like 50's monster movies)

This.

>le random anime flashback
>le epic brain severing katana blow
>the entire cartoony crazy 88 fight with blood hoses

I appreciate the fact its Tarantinos style but his edgy style can only take a movie so far. Granted it is still leagues better than the stagnant boring shit coming out today but that doesn't absolve it

Can you not enjoy fun films that arn't explicitly comedies?

Like is Riki-Oh, House, or Evild Dead just something you can't get into?

It sounds like you don't action films...that's like someone being a pizza critic who hates pizza.

Some white bitch with a sword fights 88 japs with swords and isn't killed within the first few seconds. How's that for being fucken specific, you faggot. Plus the story and story structure SUCKED.

Phoneposters eternally btfo

Ok let me preface by saying that we don't have to agree to like the same things. You can't objectively prove to me that this movie is "good", nor can I do likewise with you. We can only discuss what we like and don't like about this movie.

>Listen--you basically just admitted "I don't like the action film genre"---which is a totally different thing altogether.

I'm not sure how you ascertained that. In any case I love action movies.

>You provided an example of how Kill Bill has tropic action film elements in it, in specific reference to the action heavy scenes and characters.

Are you saying something here?

Ok fair enough--but some of us enjoy action films, and as far as pulling off that genre, I think Kill Bill did it well.

See my first response. Anyways one of my favorite films ever is Terminator 2. Ran is probably tied for my favorite film and I'd consider it to have a lot of action (and gnarly gore). There is a way to make an intelligent action movie. I don't think Kill Bill had much intelligence. Again, I didn't hate it but it's one of those movies where it triggers me when people say it's this masterpiece and I somehow know they probably haven't seen a lot of movies in their life.

I consider rewatchability to be very important for films, and I found Kill Bill extremely rewatchable.

I'm not arguing this. I find myself rewatching Match Point a lot. I don't know why! I just do. How does one judge rewatchability though? It seems like an abstract thing.

If you don't like action films, you don't like actions films, your opinion is kinda tainted on giving your opinion on kill bill--it's like a country music critic critiquing rap.

Heat was my favorite film for probably ten years straight I've probably seen it 100 times. That bank heist though.

Why does film need to reflect reality?

It's a parody so it's already a joke flick.

Kung Fu revenge theme, Samurai revenge theme, anime revenge theme, western revenge theme.

>le random anime flashback

Shut the fuck up.

You literally failed to explain how having a crazy and hot character with specialty weapon ruins a movie for you.

Like my dude, you have literally provided me no specific examples of why I think kill bill isn't a masterpiece.

Because copy and pasted things from previous movies? Like that hasn't been done before?

I'm starting to think you don't like it purely because you don't like the fanbase---which is hivemind parrot squawking to the max.

People who don't know shit about cinema: Tarantino fans

People who know a moderate amount about cinema: Hate Tarantino

People who truly love cinema: Tarantino fans

>They are not exclusive, substance is style and style is substance.

I'm not who you're replying to but anyways I don't know where you read this or came to this conclusion but I think you are both alluding to the phrase "style over substance". Not that you or I should have to check but a simple google search of this expression will quickly reveal that these are in fact two different things, have a definite independence of one another and are by no means the same thing. Not here to argue with you because this is just one of those things that is sort of common sense. Good luck telling people that style is substance though, you should try it in public sometime and watch people smile and slowly back away.

Name your top 100 silent films or never post again you pleb, Tarantino is shit.

Holy not an argument

>I googled it and you'd scare normies away if you said it

Not all Substance is style oriented, but all substance contributes to the overall style.

All style contributes substance to the film, each shot or prop or performance or music cue is saying something, sometimes technically, sometimes thematically, sometimes emotionally.

All style speaks, every action on screen says something. Debate me.

See you in 10 years, young one.

100 would take to long, but obviously DW Griffith is the fucking man, I also like Falling Leaves.

>youtube.com/watch?v=l3yY1FsT1cA

Is that a slight against the film?

Haha, nice bait faggot

I'm surprised at the weak criticisms of the movie I've seen in this thread so far.
Kill Bill has much more emotion than other tarantino movies, being about a mother basically in a maternalistic rage. Many women can appreciate Kill Bill more than other tarantino movies. It also isn't so meandering an esoteric as his other movies can be. It's right there in the title, you know what she wants to do and the entire movie shows you how she could do it. Paying homage (or being derivative) of other movies is a rather un-compelling argument to make against the film as a: this happens all the time in any art form and b: its derivative of styles which had long before fallen into obscurity, if anything Tarantino is introducing these tropes to a much wider audience and possibly inspiring some to look deeper

>sussinct

thats the whole point tho
to do something somewhat new is magic these days

Can't you read in between the lines? Do you really need everything spoon fed? I'm really trying to help you here.

>You literally failed to explain how having a crazy and hot character with specialty weapon ruins a movie for you.

It's RIDICULOUS. How often has this happened in the history of the world? It's a cliche. It's eye candy. It's like a 12 year old designing a bad guy. Let's have her be this super cute little japanese schoolgirl with this ridiculous spike chain mallet thing. Fuck off. It's fucking stupid. Why? Again, it's vapid purely aesthetic nonsense. If this girl exists the whole movie should be about her. About how fucking crazy that there is this 16 year old weilding something out of a bad renaissance fair. If you can't see how that is lazy or shallow or purely sensationalistic then I can't help you. You are beyond saving. There's no cure for you and you need to accept christ as your lord and savior.

>Like my dude, you have literally provided me no specific examples of why I think kill bill isn't a masterpiece.

Now I think you must be trolling. I just gave a detailed description of why I thought the scene in your picture was retarded going off the top of my head. In what sense of specific do you want me to be? How can you specifically say the film was a masterpiece? Do you understand how dumb your statement is?

>Because copy and pasted things from previous movies? Like that hasn't been done before?

I'm not the one that said anything about copying and pasting. I don't give a shit about that as long as the film works. If the film works I like it. I personally thought it wasn't overtly copying anything and was original in it's own right.

cont
>I'm starting to think you don't like it purely because you don't like the fanbase---which is hivemind parrot squawking to the max.

"hivemind parrot squawking". Tell me you don't really talk like this? I stand by my opinion that anyone who thinks Kill Bill is a quote unquote masterpiece probably hasn't seen a lot of movies in their life, generally thinks Hollywood films are good and/or are very young. If one of those describes you I wouldn't be surprised.

I've got to go but fight the good fight, keep talking about this movie and I think you'll find the answers you're looking for if you stay open minded. If you just yell and cover your ears anytime someone offers criticism you'll never learn anything.

>Let's have her be this super cute little japanese schoolgirl with this ridiculous spike chain mallet thing. Fuck off. It's fucking stupid. Why? Again, it's vapid purely aesthetic nonsense.

You gotta be kidding me--you actually believe that the director/creators use of an anime/action movie trope should immediately be grounds for not liking something? That's literally the only coherent point you've ever made about the movie thus far.

At that point it's rather subjective--I could provide you with why I think the movie is good--like for example, when the bride cuts off sophia's arm when confronting Lucy Lui--the music cresendos perfectly with the action, and you actually literally feel the rage and burning desire for revenge coming from the bride---gives you goose bumps.

Further more, the wordless exchange the bride and Lucy Lui have after she cuts of sophie's arm is brilliant.

Lucy Luis is at first shocked, then she accepts the situation, and the bride looks as if to say "You know this is justified, what did you expect" and Lucy Lui look says back "ok let's do this".

I thought that was brilliant--the cinematography, the music, and how so much could be conveyed with NO WORDS.

Fuck your shit, you don't understand movies, I DO:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVlxueVius8

>Not all Substance is style oriented, but all substance contributes to the overall style.

Seriously? First off again I am alluding to the expression "style over substance". I don't know what you're doing. To say that their both the same thing is just plain wrong given the context of the expression. I'm just going to break down your first assertion as it reflects the others.

>Not all Substance is style oriented
How do you strictly define substance? Style?
The expression "style over substance" works because it offers a universally recognizable thought. To try and strictly define or separate the one from the other is fruitless. It's highly subjective.

>but all substance contributes to the overall style.
Again, how do you know it contributes? In other words, how do you say that this is style and that is substance? Contributes? The word is moot considering the opinionated notions of the ideas of style and substance.

Mutually exclusive? A is B but A is also C? You are trying to put style and substance into a mathematical equation. That's my debate. Have a nice day.

>I DO
youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

>Parrot squwaker phone poster thinks he knows more than a guy who comes up with his own original thoughts

please tell me why shit doesn't taste good. i want specific examples

Excellent film with an excellent soundtrack

It contains toxins and waste the body expells. It isn't meant to be eaten, and most things that aren't meant to be eaten have a very vile taste that makes you puke if you try.

>first viewing
>don't get it, think it's just overrated shit
>told i'm a pleb because i dont get the references
>bingewatch the entire shaw bros catalog, the canon of spaghetti western and french new wave, the filmographies of kenji misumi, sam peckinpah, tsui hark, mario bava, fukasaku, jean pierre melville and john woo, alongside many obscure gems and cult classics from arthouse to grindhouse etc etc etc. I discover the wonders of genre cinephilia and mature as a sophisticated and cultured individual who can appreciate subtext and mise en scene of true kino in the most intuitive way known to mankind thanks to my now autistic extensive knowledge of film theory and history
>rewatch kill bill finally ready to revel in its post-modernist collage and metatextual framework
>it's shit compared to the originals and tarantulla is just a derivative hack
I just wanted to enjoy kill billl!!!

We are aware of the idiom style over substance but its not some axiomatic law of physics and in reality, the style of a film is a substantive way in which it might be enjoyed or appreciated. Period.

Look at the rouen cathedral series by monet. Certainly the subject is beautiful, however it is the way which he stylizes and depicts the cathedral that is the appeal.

Common sayings like bird of a feather flock together are colloquialisms and not arguments on and of themselves. Please educate yourself.

It's actually amazing how well it's held up. There's not many movies that I loved at 15 that I end up loving even more when I rewatch them a decade later.

No other movie has made me feel the pain and heartache of a bitch being a lousy bitch more than Kill Bill 1 & 2.

That's just me though. Bill did what he had to do. I don't blame the guy at all.

stupid phoneposter, what toxins? what expells? what do those taste like? be specific

I'll tell you after you eat shit first. That way you'll be able to relate more.

see