/hor/ Horror General

Continued from What we got on our lists for October Spookathon, guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0Y0zibRR!Q_btXFU6W-fo_Z1zQCHuAFFRP_a8uySugf9Lb4Dt1ks
youtu.be/UZxo9AwQxk8?t=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7Kuud2Dgg
youtube.com/watch?v=pfAEaK95PAU
youtube.com/watch?v=E_LLHwJ6H3k
thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone watch Gerald's Game yet?

got it on my list

Jesus dude I was typing practically the same post when the thread updated. Anyway, I watched it earlier today, and I think it was pretty good. I'm not familiar with the book but I like how all of the internal dialogue was handled. The last few minutes of the movie are a tad hokey for my liking, but I think it's worth checking out.

I can understand it working as a book because it can convey her thoughts and stream of conscious better than on screen, so does it hold up by being tense or is it a thriller or what? It doesn't strike me as a horror concept

Without spoilers plz

uploaded this for a friend if anybody else wants to see it

mega.nz/#!0Y0zibRR!Q_btXFU6W-fo_Z1zQCHuAFFRP_a8uySugf9Lb4Dt1ks

Bumping with charts

>no one ever answered

Anybody seen this and can recommend it?

>A supernatural skeptic sets off to debunk paranormal sightings using low frequency sound waves in an abandoned subway station and is met with unforeseen evil and eerie memories.

dead thread

poast streaming links to patrician horror

>streaming
>patrician
kys

>Netflix Original
lol

this is the only kino horror out there

Based Pontypool

One of my favorites

Any body know any decent horror reviews on YouTube?

Used to watch 31 horror movies in 31 days by Chuck Dowling but the latest season was dogshit as he's gone full SJW.

For the 31 days I'll probably see how many slashers I can get through with some more modern stuff thrown in. Saw Don't Breathe today which was better than I expected.

I'll never not be shocked to see george that thin and and hairy

Just watched Crush the Skull and really liked it. Any of you guys watch it?

>Finally get an OP who doesn't start a horror thread with slasher garbage and autistic rankings
>Instead he posts modern horror

Why do they keep fucking up?

Good Bad Flicks is alright.

Recc me some comfy horror

Anybody see this? I went in completely blind and liked it. Pretty good for modern horror.

The People Under the Stairs

It's Urban Horror Kino, better than, but somewhat similar to Candy Man in that it has black actors that don't ruin the movie

What do you want in the OP then?

Repulsion
Rosemary's Baby
Poltergeist
Possession
Ginger Snaps
Eyes Without a Face
Faust
Onibaba
Kuroneko
The Grandmother
Inland Empire

what am I in for, lads?

I like how he was just basically George in the movie

it has a nice cast, thanks for the rec

Looks like a hipster cover art remake for Deliverance

kys artfag

Thanks dude, I'll check it out

i liked the music did they really have to burn the painting

does anyone want to set up a october horror streamfest?

>Repulsion
>Rosemary's Baby
Is there a reason why The Tenant wasn't added too?
>Poltergeist
I never understood why people love this so much
>Possession
this was alright
>Ginger Snaps
underrated werewolf movie
>Eyes Without a Face
underrated french gem
>Faust
This is underrated for silent films. Nice to see someone mention it
>Onibaba
Japanese gem
>Kuroneko
This was an okay ghost story. I don't think it's as good as some of the other jap horror movies
>The Grandmother
Never heard of this. Looks interesting
>Inland Empire
This is not really horror.

This always gets compared to F13 and it's honestly far superior than pretty much any F13 film which isn't saying much. Most slashers are god awful but this is is okay.

Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead! youtu.be/UZxo9AwQxk8?t=1

Why the fuck did I even bother looking for these movies without even checking to see if they were on youtube.. Maybe I assumed many of them would have been too dirty for youtube.

Surprisingly liked this

Moonlight Man scared the fuck out of me

The Thing and Halloween are both top-tier comfy kinos

Devil's Candy is just okay, until the climax, then it's pure fucking metal.

Yeah, I love these movies, I made my mom watch The Thing with me

Did you turn your head towards her everytime someone was going to become the thing in a knowing fashion so she couldnt be legitimately surprised?

I'm surprised Wilford Brimley's still around doing signings

yes, but only once

Based flick

>debunk paranormal sightings using low frequency sound waves
I've actually researched into this and it seems to be true.

>Having a shitty movie like Halloween in the same sentence as The Thing

Also, Dead Set was alright youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7Kuud2Dgg

-Severance (2006) Haven't seen it yet?
-The Corpse of Anna Fritz (2015) Spanish horror.

>Spanish horror.
>Doesn't even mention Coffin Joe

Fucking pleb.

he is brazillian

isn't that Brazilian

tisk tisk

I liked how the first half felt like it was going to be a retread of Amityville Horror or some other haunted house movie, but then just switched directions totally.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfAEaK95PAU

same shit samefag.

>no subtitles.

How do you expect any non spic to know what he;s saying?

for you

youtube.com/watch?v=E_LLHwJ6H3k

What are some good horror shows?

I've watched the first two seasons of American Horror Story but they were ass

Oozing sexuality

Tales From the Crypt

Any tumblr or feminist shit in Gerald's Game?

Pure horror kino

My watchlist for the month.

lol look at the little insecure neo-nazi. Can't even handle being outside their bubble for five seconds.

Halloween 3 is October Incarnate.
If you don't like it you're a fucking pleb and can suck on DEEZ testicles.

heres mine. also have a few vhs only films i havent added because im not sure if ill watch them soon.

Hi tumblr

Chopping Mall is a blast. Very short and sweet too.

Why are there so many of these fags on this board

I love Pontypool.

Channel zero

Phantasm is right up this board's alley. I mean its the only film series where the hero, Reggie, is an obvious pedophile.

Literally just finished watched this, maybe an hour ago

What'd you think of it?

Watched it last night. I liked it the first time, but this time it seemed even better. I think the POV, the music, and making Frank an unsympathetic killer are all great. It's definitely worth a watch.

just finished grave encounters, would give it a solid 3.9/5 spooks. is the sequel any good?

What are other good sound-based horrors?
Berberian Sound Studio
Pontypool
The Stone Tapes

Gave me a decent spook the first time it happened.

tales from the crypt has so many famous "that guy"s in it

no

Joe pesci was in an episode right?

tales from the dark side. monsters

Very similar feelings to It was my second time watching, and I feel like the first time it was just kind of there. This second time I really noticed how fucking awful and psychopathic Elijah Wood was, and the kills seemed much more brutal for some reason.

Really like it, but probably wont watch it again for another few years.

Finally got around to watching this the other day and, while i didn't really have any expectations, i was slightly let down. It did a little bit of Stephen King, Spielberg, The Hills Have Eyes, Campfire Tales, but it didn't exceed in any of it. Overall pretty mediocre with some good moments.

First is much better. Second spirals off into major faggotry

Cool fact: a lot of the troll makeup in this movie is just reused stuff from Killer Klowns.

didn't know this existed, also
>Carla Gugino
hell yes, she's foxy as fuck

why is it that blumhouse films are publishing most modern horror movies

i never heard of them before 2014

post more Spikino

loved this. planned to watch it for a while, but saw that it was on flix.
loved how involved it was, how long the ritual took and how much was involved, and the slow development of minor happenings during the ritual.
it was refreshing that, unlike literally every movie that hollywood would've put out, the ritual would've taken 5 minutes and then immediately an hour and 25 minutes of retarded jumpscare shenanigans unfold

Likely they found an untapped source of revenue publishing horror where most dont want to waste the time

I'm starting October with more modern horror films and then I'll move to early 2000s. Then older stuff in the weeks leading up to Halloween. Finished My Bloody Valentine remake about 1 hr ago and currently watching The Conjuring.

Pretty good list if you get rid of most of the slasher movies and monkey shines.

for those who want a month of good shit, I'd suggest checking this out.

thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/

>the second time I really noticed how fucking awful and psychopathic Elijah Wood was

Same for me. I think the first time you're watching, you're wrapped up in the POV thing and just soaking it all in. The second time it was really apparent what kind of fucking weirdo Frank was throughout the whole thing, which makes the POV thing complementary rather than the main thing.

>Finished My Bloody Valentine remake about 1 hr ago and currently watching The Conjuring.

Why do people torture themselves by watching modern horror? Seems like a waste of time to me. Every time I feel i'm being too harsh and give it a chance, I always end up disappointed. It Follows and the Babadook were the last straw before I completely dropped the idea

Alright lads I ate through three flicks today

>Scream
>They're Watching
>They Look Like People

Scream is one of my favorites and I watched the second two for the first time today and really recommend them. Both are on Netflix. pls give me more recs for tomorrow.