/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

AKA Sexually Transmitted Disease General

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14052765/r
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/DIS_Season_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/DIS/*

SJW trash. They are taking a knee in the ratings. Enjoy your one season you tumblr snowflakes.

strawpoll.me/14052765/r

Dont let Sup Forums and the other Star Trek haters divide us!
REMAIN KLINGON!

Go to bed John Van Citters

I'm enjoying both shows right now, but why are the Orville threads so much more lighthearted and good natured?

There's just less trolling in general and more discussion about classical Star Trek themes and our hopes for the future. There's also lots of cute waifu worship.

I guess what I'm saying is, come home, Trekkie. Come home to /orv/.

will roboqt still be alive or did she die in the attack

> cute waifu worship.

So long as it doesn't devolve purely into that...

Orville is more Trek than this shit

They plug the shows with SJWs to appease that crowd and then they don't even watch the show. When will they learn? Huffington Post readers aren't their audience.

STD needs to prove a point
Orville needs to go on an adventure

Also who would I waifu in STD? No seriously, I need more waifus.

Fuck that, they need to stay out, no STDfugees in our threads.

Hopefully every ship comes with its own Daft Punk.

But just to piss off the waifu worshippers, the Discovery's Daft Punk will be male.

>trekkie
do you even trek?

>but why are the Orville threads so much more lighthearted and good natured?
Orville doesn't have a long legacy that it failed to live up to, like DIS

>48 to 7 in favor of STD

You lose, tumblr.

Mary Wiseman

>Hopefully every ship comes with its own Daft Punk.
It would make sense to give a tactical officer a helmet like they're making for the F-35 that lets pilots see "through" the plane.

Holy shit why can't Orville fans just stay in their threads. If there's a reason Discovery threads are less civil it's because people come in just to shitpost about politics or how Orville is better.

STD*

Maybe it's a regional thing? US West here

At this point why even have an organic crew?

Stop complaigning and stay on topic.

because le human intuition and emotions are better than cold robotic logic. I'm pretty sure they had at least two episodes about it in TOS.

Is that why the faceplate is the display off of a bank ATM?

fuck off

>It would make sense to give a tactical officer a helmet like they're making for the F-35 that lets pilots see "through" the plane.
Holy shit this sounds so cool.

Oh yeah, it's our fault. Always gotta have someone else to blame don't you faggot?

>it's fan-fiction
>it's SJW shit
>muh kneeling liberals

Noe we've got all of that out of the way can we get on to discussing the actual show?

So I'm probably going to start watching Star Trek soon. What order should I watch the series in? Which ones are the best? When do they get good?

I hope this is the thread to ask and people here actually watch Star Trek.

Imagine Starships manned with Datas. Fuck android rights, Data should have agreed to be disassembled so Starfleet could reverse engineer him.

Not if the bots are remotetly controled.

Why would you want to? It's shit.

Or how Star Trek died a long time ago and this isn't Star Trek, it's a shameless corporate profit grab that stains the legacy of Star Trek.

How does it stain the legacy of Star Trek?

t. Fox shill

OK, who thought Sybok-II The Other Sibling Boogaloo was a good idea?

SPECULATE AND MAKE PREDICTIONS
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/DIS_Season_1

>S01E03 "Context is for Kings"
Everybody hates Michael because they don't have the full context about how she was right about everything.
>S01E04 "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"
The kino episode which will change Sup Forums's opinion on STD.
>S01E05 "Choose Your Pain"
Sybok episode.
>S01E06 "Lethe"
Amnesia episode or near-death hallucination episode.

Yikes.

Just can't take the fucking hint to can you

NO ONE WANTS YOUR SJW LIBERAL PANDERING GARBAGE GET THE FUCK BACK TO TUMBLR

They waited until the principals from the property were dead to retcon the fuck out of it?

>2 minutes have been deposited into your Netflix Account

Correct.

Sure.

It's absolutely fucking terrible.

That's what's on the outside. You don't know what's on the inside.

Yes, and?

How so? See, now we're getting somewhere.

You could try seeing it as a contaignment board, see if it eases your pain.

After just the opening episode? Isn't that a bit early to call? None of the characters are in position yet, let alone been given time to develop.

Sure.

So how is Michael going to die at the end (she won't survive the series)? Selfishly sacrificing herself to save the Discovery? Executed, because she attempts another mutiny and fails?

>no bot checking
>Sup Forums strawpoll getting 589 votes
Seems legit.

There's gotdamn coloreds in it!

Just seems shocking that a Seth parody out of nowhere trumps a beloved franchise that people have been waiting over a decade for.

Les Moonves

You could tell from the trailers months ago it would be shit.

Sybok did nothing wrong.

Except Orville is pure garbage, and we don't know how good or bad DIS will be. All Star Trek pilots are bad.

Please, FOX, tell us again about how your totally not botspammed poll proves anything?

>all star trek pilots are bad meme

but this is objectively false.

At the hands of Kol, who will be the actual main character of the show with the most interesting arc.

>Executed, because she attempts another mutiny and fails?
DAMMIT BURNHAM, YOU'RE A LOOSE CANON! THIS IS YOUR THIRD MUTINY THIS WEEK! YOU'RE OFF THE CASE! TURN IN YOUR PHASER AND YOUR BADGE!

>std
Not a trek fan but fuck they've fucked it for the next few years with that acronysmymym.

you might feel more at home on >>>reddit

I would honestly argue that a lot of the dislike or contempt for Discovery is that it's actors and creators have been very candid with their politics and beliefs. Whatever you believe, I don't think straw polls are an accurate place to hold a poll. They're easily manipulated only really measure popularity, rather than what's truly accurate.

>$8million per episode
>15 episodes
>$120million for first series

yeah that's not gonna last is it

Social media was a mistake

This. The shows only audience is fat, or skinny pale white guys. The main character needs to be like commander shepard in the next trek series or it'll forever fall.

No fuck you we let you retards stay and then you'll start spreading and then we become Sup Forumsmblr 2

FUCK OFF

For every shill accusation I will shitpost here thrice.

They already made a profit from selling the boradcasting rights to Netflix.

If you were a Trek fan, you'd know that no Star Trek series is abbreviated with "ST" in the title. The nickname "STD" though clever, is wrong.

The orville votes are Sup Forums virtue signaling.

No, future seasons will be cheaper now that the sets have already been built, the costumes have already been produced, the conceptual designers have already been paid, etc.

That poll was trash, I sat and watched the Orville numbers go up for hours, even when there were no live threads holding the link. Some manchild FOX shill made a bot to justify watching the cuck-filled cringefest that is the Boreville.

> they've fucked it for the next few years.

Maybe it was done on purpose to generate attention. Publishers and editors have these weird conceptions of "hype".

That's why the CBS interns and social media marketers are desperately trying to get people to stop calling it 'STD'. That's why you see them refer to it as 'DIS' on reddit, Sup Forums and social media.

People get very upset about the subject - as if their jobs depended on it.

This. People were reminded of how Ghostbusters (2016)'s marketing was handled and hastily grew pessimistic.

You have a pretty low bar for clever.

this, it's pretty blatant

What exactly is the point of the forward facing monitors? Is it to communicate with others? How does that help when the captain and your fellow bridge officers are sitting a couple of meters away from you? It's clearly not meant for her own use. So what's the purpose?

Honestly i'm not. I've never got into trek but I do enjoy the fast&furious shlock action movies of trek of late, and that's it. I know this new trek is sjw filled bullshit like star wars so i'm avoiding it. I do know older trek can be good though and it's more character based than action shlock so I believe one day, when im older, i'll like it but not yet. I do like alot of other sci-fi like firefly afterall.

Once we actually get on the Discovery maybre we can see what the real show will be like

It's so you can tell it's a futuristic scifi helmet and not just a normal one.

Wait, I thought that if you were a racist you were supposed to be here and the SJW fairies were on reddit. Will you people make up your minds?

I just made a friend of mine watch STD. He has watched ALL previous series and movies of Star Trek and his first response was that STD was not. He said that this is "star trek" made by people who read the summary of all the series combined.

I just don't enjoy lowbrow humor. Take that shit to the Cuckville thread where it belongs.

hmm

>I just don't enjoy lowbrow humor.
>Uses the word "cuck" unironically

>tfw when to inteligent to find STD amusing

How can you like Firefly but call Discovery SJW bullshit? There's literally been nothing SJW about it aside from the main character being a black chick. I don't understand how this is so repulsive.

The new stark trek being like this shouldn't be a surprise. Look at mass effect andromeda. Mass effect 1 and 2 are legendary. Andromeda is sjw filled bullshit. Look at star wars. This is the next giant to fall. I don't get why they're making it safe for females to watch when 95% of the audience is weird white boys.

> Implying they read anything but a memo.

She survives but leaves starfleet and becomes a full blown vulcan priest like she wants

>how can you like firefly
The only females in firefly are a prostitute, and engineer. It's a males dream. If firefly had a black female lead character i could understand your point, but it doesnt.

>of firefly had a black female lead character
IT LITERALLY FUCKING DOES. And she's a strong soldier.

The mutiny debacle showed that she is too proactive for a life in a monastery.

It's an insult, not meant to be humorous. I literally think you're enjoying a show for cucks and manchildren.

>Uses the C word

UGH, LIKE, CAN YOU NOT EVEN RIGHT NOW?! Just because my partner and I share what you don't consider a normal sexual relationship doesn't need you have the right to use my chosen term as a derogative. I just want to talk about how smart and progressive DIS is. Why is this board full of disgusting racists and bigots now? I was literally shaking in the last thread and I hadn't even finished reading it.

The first couple of episodes of a series that has been dormant for over a decade being a surface level reintroduction makes perfect sense.

Honestly, I think STD gave me cancer.

I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow.