Let's talk about film adaptations of YA novels and how they died. ;_;

Let's talk about film adaptations of YA novels and how they died. ;_;
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Twilight and Hunger Games. I'm tired of capeshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnTltDzqhzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there have been plenty though, paper towns, everything everything, space between us, fault in our stars etc
the hollywood jews are even planning on adapting your name they are that desperate for YA stories

These movies had zero impact. You can't compare the influence of Twilight to a movie lie Paper Towers.
Also, Twilight and Hunger Games had a small taste of action.

I don't care what people think, the Twilight movie was perfect. Great atmosphere, good cast, amazing OST, beautiful locations. That ending with Victoria going down the stairs got me hooked for the sequel.

YA nivels are mostly trash anyway, since they cater towards young adults. Its fairly easy to shit out a basic kids novel thats got some mature tone to it, that way it doesnt come off as a real kiddie book. Keeping it going for 6-7 books, unless you add elements of magic or alternate universes, is much harder. And at that point they all started to rip each other offf anyway
>youtube.com/watch?v=CnTltDzqhzM

Remember when Sup Forums wrote their own YA stories.

"Blood Ties".

>Catherine Miller was a baby when she was found in an alley, covered in blood. The State did not find any records of her existence, and she was adopted by a loving couple and given a new identity.

>The mystery surrounding her parents' disappearance made her an outcast in her home in Los Angeles, and the family relocates to a peaceful community in Ohio, where Catherine soon finds herself divided between Jake Lancer, a mysterious local bad boy, and Jimmy Evans, a kindhearted classmate.

>As the Blood Moon rises, Catherine begins to experience strange things. Not coincidentally, the town receives the visit of outsiders seeking for a very special child. Protected by the skilled Caleb Breakstorm, Catherine discovers she has been caught in the middle of a centuries-old feud between the Cains, savage vampires descending from Cain; and the Drakons, manipulative vampires hailed from the powerful Drakon. Years before, in a bid to win the war, the Drakons bred vampire father and human mother to create a child with extraordinary powers, a game-changer in an eternal war: Catherine.

>Protected from birth by an ancient caste of vampire hunters, the Children of Abel, Catherine sees her parents, associates of the benevolent slayers, killed in the struggle for her power, and joins forces with Breakstorm and his band to take the battle to vampires, with Lancer and Evans joining to protect her. But to achieve victory, Catherine will have to control her own urges for power and blood, and face the dark secret of the true identity of her biological father, Drakon himself.

"The Switch"

>In a dystopian New York City, your power defines your place in society. There are Movers, who have telekinetic powers; Lifters, who have super-human strength; Runners, who have abnormal speed; and Projectors, who can manipulate energy. Society is divided among these four factors, overseen by The Council, formed by representatives of each caste, all answering to President Marcus Blight. He possesses the Switch, the ability to alternate between all four abilities, thought not even he dares to use them at once. Throughout History, there have been only two people who possessed the Switch: Blight and the mysterious Ethan Barnes, who disappeared following an attempt to use all his gifts at once.

>This changes with the birth of Alexandra Owen, the third person ever to possess the Switch. Betrayed by her family and hunted by the government for her abilities, which are illegal and represent a threat to the established order, Alexandra is forced to join forces with Ryan Vickers, a street-smart orphan and pickpocket and part of the 1% of the overall population that has a secret fifth ability, the gift of telepathy, that makes him a Reader.

>Alexandra and Ryan join forces to rally the four factions in battle against the oppressive government and battle for their right to live in a world without the oppressive drone state Blight has forced upon them, but this journey will force the due to face their blossoming love, overwhelming odds and a secret that could shake the very foundations of human life.

'member when Sup Forums wrote their own anime story.

>A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

>But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

>Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

You're, surprise surprise, a hypocritical dumb pleb reddit because twilight and the hunger games are all trash.

>there have been plenty though, paper towns, everything everything, space between us, fault in our stars etc
>the hollywood jews are even planning on adapting your name they are that desperate for YA stories
they aren't churning these out every year, like you might think. both green adaptations made money. it's odd that there aren't any more in development.

I'm not the user you're replying.
I think these movies made money, but studios expected more money. To give one example, I saw hundreds of ads for Paper Towns when it appeared. So, they probably expected a huge success, not just a profit.

there have been a few recently so i guess they make money, are relatively easy to produce and already have a fan base attached.

This is cute

I do agree, specially Twilight has a trashy kind of charm that capeshit doesn't reach.

Though I don't get the hype for Hunger Games nor the books. Only the dam scene was worth shit.

There are different levels of trash. Twilight never pretend to be anything else, even the actors laughed about how dumb it was, while most capeshit movies take themselves seriously.

Maze Runner is still going on. Though Divergent did terrible and probably will be reboot as a shitty tv show.

Divergent was unsalvageable shit from the start. It's a shame there won't be reboot for that Australian YA movie about the chinks taking over.

tomorrow when the war began?
they rebooted it as a tv series produced here, I dunno if burgers can get it though

Didn't it still end at season 1? I was such a refreshing touch on the genre without the fucking protagonist being a special important snowflake.

didn't really end but season 2 hasn't been announced

>while most capeshit movies take themselves seriously

MEME OFF, BRO. YOU AND ME.

Thanks for the blogpost. You have shit taste it has no redeeming qualities, reddit.

>5 sentences are considered a blogpost
Being a brainlet must hurt, mate.

>the ability to manipulate energy
So basically they can do anything the other three powers can do and more?