"You're a monster, Zod, and I'm gonna stop you."

What would you have had him say?

Nothing else. It may have been silly but Cavill's delivery saved it

>I guess it's super punching time

"You're a monster, Zod, and I'm gonna snap your neck"

"You're a monster, Zod, and I'm going to politely ask you to come with me to a fighting location of my choice where one of us will politely surrender to the other"

"Go fuck yourself Zod."

That's a nice outfit Zod. Did your husband make it for you?

"I'm going to fuck you to death with my butt, Zod."

Tell that to your snapped neck

considering I'm the fucking codex and zod's one and only hope of restoring krypton I'd probably start flying towards the sun.

"YOU WILL TRY.. "

Sun actually makes Superman stronger

... yes, and? Zod doesn't know this. he only, a few minutes ago, started becoming aware of the fact he had superpowers on earth.

something something entry level religious allegory

Tell me...do you bleed?

"I'm going to rape you to you love me, Zod."

Why didn't he just fly up with Zod in the neckhold? He wanted to kill Zod.

He's had like a solid day and a half by this point.

Enough destruction & death. It was the only way to put a stop to it.

yes, and?

At that point in the story it doesn't matter that he's the codex
There's no tech left to make Kryptonian babies
Zod just wants revenge

>There's no tech left to make Kryptonian babies

golly it sure is funny how the very next movie is built entirely around how much tech is left to make kryptonian babies

>"Time to break the #1 rule of my almost 80-years old character!"

If I knew this is going to happen I would have never watched it in the first place. And it took me 4 years to actually get myself to give it a shot.

Stop this madness zod. Ive seen the way you look at me... Unzips dick

Must have escaped you all the other times he has killed.

There's no dialogue you could possibly place here without it sounding silly. Especially after Zod's "That is what you have taken from me!" line. Silence from Kent would have been more dramatic, as he knows what he will have to do next.

I guess the writer was panicking, as Kent had only spoken about twenty lines thus far... Oh well, what's done is done.

Zod today you meet your god

"I'm going to kill you till you die of it, Zod"

Just "I'm sorry" would have been nice

> SHIRT RIPPER!

"I'm going to fill your hiney-hole with my unprotected seed, Zod. Get you all sorts of butt preggers."

That's Superboy Prime. I'd like to forget this terrible writing, thanks for dredging it back up.

>80 year old character

The character doesn't have a shared memory with previous iterations you autist.

What
Did you not even watch the movie, Zod's entire goal was to extract Superman's DNA to make more Kryptonians

Superman doesn't kill. Period. That's the foundation of the character, regardless of the universe we are talking about.

But he needs the Genesis chamber on the scout ship to do anything with the DNA. Did you even watch the movie?

That's literally and figuratively untrue

1. It was the only surefire way to stop the destruction. There was no hope of containing Zod and to allow it to go on any longer was to ensure the deaths of millions more.
2. Did you miss all those times in the comics where Superman flagrantly kills people? Or how about in the first Reeves Superman where he first removes Zod's powers, ensuring he poses no threat, and THEN brutally murders him and quips about it?

You should do a little research. Man of STeel isn't even the first movie he's killed in. Nevermind the comics.

You mean the Genesis chamber that was still fully functional by the time BvS rolled around?

>"I'm taking you to jail Zod, and i'm going to polity ask that you stay there and not walk right out since no prison on earth can actually hold you"

Don't post a dctv webm, that ruins all your credibility. Gosh, the TV shows are shite.

He has to develop that principle. He isn't born with it. Killing Zod made Superman realize what killing meant in regards to the ideals he wanted to embody. When put in such a situation, he realized how ugly reality can get, and his ideals are getting guiding principles, as opposed to moral absolutes. He uses these guiding principles to navigate the complex, chaotic, and often inconvenient reality. If he hopes to embody those ideals, he has to realize how extreme people can be, and take conscious measures against being put in that situation again to the best of his ability,as with all his power, he cannot control the choices others make.

You mean the one he had no idea was still functional as he didn't have the time to examine the crashed ship?

There should be no problem with Superman killing a villain who cannot be stopped/halted by any other means. The situation and execution of Zod's murder in Man of Steel was handled terribly, too preachy... Overstretched drama.

He also needed the fetuses that superman destroyed.

Wrong. Superman doesn't like killing and tries to avoid it. But if he has to do it. He will

"Snappity snap, motherfucker."