Writes, directs, produces, edits, and stars in his own short films for going on 15 years

>writes, directs, produces, edits, and stars in his own short films for going on 15 years
Rolfe is unironically one of the most respectable auteurs working today. Pure unadulterated filmmaking like this is rare.

I like the guy, but his """movies""" are bollocks.

If only any of those films were good.

James was originally planning to give the "... Beats" series to Bootsy (later to be handed to Mike) as he was friends with Bootsy since college. Bootsy actually began recording the Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) episode on the October 14 and 15. James wanted Bootsy to have a larger role in Cinemassacre, but according to Kevin Finn it was clear that "Matei and Ryan wanted James's immense directing and producting talents used strictly to enhance their own careers." Finn explained the time when James's friendship with Bootsy came to a crashing halt:

"It all came to a head...when Mike Matei, Ryan Schott, and April (James's wife) came over and heard about Bootsy's version of 'Bootsy Beats Ghosts 'n Goblins'... They maneuvered James into the Nerd Room and reduced him to tears. It was a cruel and pathetic scene. Bootsy, Kyle, and I were in another room but we could see the scene through the recording monitor of the house Mike had set up. It was as if James had turned into a little boy. The conversation appeared quiet and calm, but we could tell it was emotional and intense. The others were doing most of the talking, like overbearing, controlling parents. James would move away, and they would block his escape. We couldn't hear what was being said, but I think a good lip-reader would have picked up something like, 'We don't give a **** about these guys, and we want those ad revenues for us.' We could actually feel James crumbling, and when he came out of the room, a tear dropped down his cheek. His head was lowered and his shoulders sagged. It was the body language of a child who had just been scolded and punished. And this brilliant internet icon - whose videos defined one generation and influenced another - weepingly told us, "We can't do this. I have to give the series to them. They're family and I have to take care of my family. They want the series. I'll give you any amount of money you want to finish a video, but I can't affiliate with it. They won't let me."

>bollocks
Fuck off Britbong. No one cares what you brits think.

I'd rather watch his low-budget from-the-heart films than the latest multimillion dollar 90 minute toy commercial Hollywood is pumping out. But then again I have taste.

people like this have "careers" by providing autists with hope that they can remain 15 forever and still make a living

Ok, James.
Ok, Mike.

>donnie darko / pulp fiction/shining not in his top 50

>the three most reddit film of the last 40 years aren't in his top 50
this supposed to be a bad thing?

He's a retard. Like a literal retard. In retrospect, the AVGN show is fucking lame.

Still, I envy him. I want his life.

>He's a retard
yet he has 1.1 billion views on youtube.
ok, kid.

Wtf is this real?

>copy pasta
>real

The Deader the Better is pretty neat

Justice for Bootsy when?

What happened to him just before the camera started rolling?

God, I hate Mike.
He's a Jew, by the way

Whats funny (and maybe somewhat conceited)
is he got kicked off after I started a campaign of posts on Sup Forums for people to start emailing cinemassacre to tell bootsy to stop saying "UHHH" after every fucking word because I was so annoyed by it.

In my head cannon , mike told bootsy his peech was annoying people and he didnt take it well and fucked off.

I realized he was friend with Mike.

I'm really starting to think there's something neurologically broken in some of the people in AVGN threads. I haven't watched AVGN since I was 14 so I'm not too invested in this stuff, but holy shit you guys are strange even by chan standards.
>see the same exact posts across multiple AVGN threads
>lots of /too-real/ subdued bitterness
>no fun, just bizarre stories and anger
also I'm pretty sure one guy with a distinct posting style is contributing 50% of all these thread posts. He comes across as either a non-english speaker or somebody with severe cognitive hang ups. There's this fey but consistent nature to his grammatical errors that make me he is a non-human.

You guys are weird.

You've never seen a TGWTG or RLM thread apparently. It's always been this way, for many many years

UNDERAGE B&

>I
J-James?

Most of the shitposters in the RLM threads are very clearly just young and developmentally impaired. It's not too weird.

But there's a quality to the posters in this thread that reminds me of some of the darker threads on 2013 /v9k/. It's such a vaguely alien style of thinking that translates to nonsense when read as text.

LOL I am not James, I meant to write:
HE realised he was friends with Mike.

Hi, James :)

>It's such a vaguely alien style of thinking that translates to nonsense when read as text.

Probably just pure refined autism.

I speak with zero inflection in my voice in real life and calculate every little word I say. I was told in a chatroom once about the zero inflection thing and I now Im very conscious of it but still do it.

Probably sound like a serial killer

>unadulterated
>unadulter
>adultry

i see what ya did there

He actually did a video on the top 10 overrated movies for him.

Donnie Darko and Pulp Fiction are in the list

yea, further proof he's a dumb cuck with shit taste in movies

I dont think that was about overrated ness.
I believe it was "top 10 movies everyone else loves but I dont"

The reason most filmmakers don't do that is because they eventually move onto real movies.

This is the subhuman alien poster. Is this how mike talks? The Locobandito comics and the Inspector video also gave me this weird feeling.

The idea that you can sink so deep into your own brain that you can no longer articulate thoughts properly in your own native language is so jarring to me. It's not even like this guy is typing from a North Korean prison camp either. He voluntarily disconnected himself from humanity and forgot how to use language.

Or he's literally an alien.

>This is the subhuman alien poster.

Only one of those is me, the "uhh" bootsy post.

>Only one of those is me
you're alien?

who's really in charge?

Pretty much, I'm a long time shut-in.

What if it is Mike who is pulling Jame's hair out!?

>his low-budget from-the-heart films

What EXACTLY did he mean by this?

he """""independently"""" decided that the movie shouldn't be a caucasian sausage fest

someone said the girl was supposed to be james wifes self insert. hence the cucking

I hope he secretly resents his jew glitch gremlim friend and his wife for ruining his dream movie.

The nerd is a sexless manchild, like Pee Wee Herman, Ernest, and James Rolfe

Fuck Kevin Finn.

>Maybe I just want people to look at me like I'm like the, the life of the party or that uh...
>Without my movies I'm... I'm nobody, really, but I- I made a hundred
What did he mean by this?

Why is it impossible to talk about James now without including Mike?

James Rolfe is the embodiment, the ethos of 'kino'. He lives it, he breathes it.

His masterpiece is his influence and the significance of his role in the lives he's touched and inspired

Same reason you can't talk about batman without mentioning the joker

Has he been in any content since the movie?

>james played batman
>mike played joker

POETRY

Mike runs the show.

should we should have a /cinemassacre/ general?

how do we save James from Mike?

What is this from ??

creepy as fuck

you can't

only if the mods allow it
>88429182
this, mike is the puppet master

wtf i hate cinemassacre now

that's not what happened, bootsy got fired over drumpf shit he said on twitter. that's why mike fired him, it was convenient for him though.

it's a joke from action max videos, but people thought it was a genuine shilling for microsoft.

wtf i hate cinemassacre threads now

No that is an assumption, not fact.

You're reading way too much into this. People are just sad that Cinemassacre is dying. It's not what it used to be. That's the truth.

james should have made a visit to japan like aniki did, when he was still famous.

Two daughters now.

Rip

nah, james is losing hair because of all the depression and stress.

not him, his wife, who was the producer on the movie. the girl one the left is basically his wife's self-insert in the movie. Explains a lot.

lol jesus christ

nah, he just hopes once the next james "movie" comes out he'll get the cut.

The timing of that is way too perfect though. Obviously we might never know the truth.

>depression and stress.

So, Mike?

>his wife's daughters
fixed that for you.
mike yes, but then also his wife and ryan.

What if Board James is james crying for help? What if James is basically saying "I want to murder all these fucking people, I can't stand it anymore"

Wouldn't be surprised if james ends up the same way like he did in dream phone.

so which is his best episode and why is it atari sports?

Really, all the first 50 episodes are on par with just being perfect entertainment to me.

The hardware episodes will always be my favorite though.

Was super stoked that he finally did another with the gameboy recently

the hardware episodes are comfiness galore but that rant in atari sports is comedy gold

He likes Pulp Fiction, though. Isn't like he thinks it's a shit movie. He's not that stupid

I'd honestly say the first 100 are all great

why the fuck do you fags have such an unhealthy obsession with mike

James looks legitimately scared. Like Mike is going to hit him. It's like looking at an abusive relationship.

he's a succesful sociopath, it's just unfair

He was positive about Trump?

Technically he's been doing it since he was a kid. I just appreciate that he seems like a really nice dude that's passionate about what he does. Seems like he'd be really humble if you met him.

There are a few moments it really does feel like he's screaming at his critics in those episodes.

what the fuck.

James you gotta get the fuck up and leave all these lunatics.

no, that's why I said drumpf.

Lester the unlikely was the first episode I really did not enjoy, what #was that?

internet villain