I like the American 1998 Godzilla. It's not a great movie, but I think it's fun to watch. Fight me

I like the American 1998 Godzilla. It's not a great movie, but I think it's fun to watch. Fight me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU
youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was my favorite movie as a kid. I was hella dumb.

I like how Toho turned Zilla into its own character and incorporated it into the wider universe. That makes 1998 more bearable to watch

I liked the design a lot. If they beefed it up, it would be GOAT imo.

The majority of the movie was focused on the characters rather than the monster itself. Also the CGI aged like milk especially that underwater scene

The cartoon series was kino though

>The cartoon series
I went apeshit for that too.

It's funny now to look back and see how much of Jurassic Park cash grab it was

I LOVED the constant downpour that went on throughout the movie. MAde it 100x as comfy.

I'll back this up.

I saw a Japanese movie back in the 70's called 'Frankenstein vs. Godzilla'. Definitely due for a remake.

I agree, this was the comfiest movie of my childhood, largely because of that

No one will fight you dude. This was actually a really comfy flick only reddit hates it because their fellow sheep peers and "tv"e-celeb reviewers hated it.

>I like how Toho turned Zilla into its own character and incorporated it into the wider universe.

They did and they didn't. They were so pissed off about the 98 Godzilla that they made their own version of it purely out of spite.

I haven't watched it since it was in theaters, but I DO remember being hyped-as-fuck for it.

Got the soundtrack, too.

>American audiences won't take men in suits seriously
Sorry Nips.

The merch for this was insane. Remember Taco Bell and their toys?

I also like p diddys 'come with me' song with godzillas roar at the end.
Come to think of it, it was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Ia had a toy egg that was see through with water in it and it had a tiny baby zilla in it. Damn I even watched the cartoon series as well. Fuck anyone who says they didn't enjoy watching it, it even had a top tier qt.

>tfw this movie and Sean Combs got Led Zeppelin to break their no licensing stance
amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU

Fuck yeah I remember Taco Bell’s Godzilla toys. I’m pretty sure they had crazy marketing for the phantom menace when that came out too.

monster movies from the 90s are the comfiest movies to rewatch

I agree OP. Not perfect but it feels on the same level as Lost World

monster movie with inventive kills, nothing more. Roland Emmerich understands scale

>Jean Reno
>Comfy dark and rainy scenes
>Puff Daddy on the soundtrack
>one of my favorite Godzilla designs
>the helicopter scene

This movie is way better than 2014 Godzilla.

>This movie is way better than 2014 Godzilla.

That's not a hard feat. Even Cranston had issues with 2014 Godzilla such as the protagonist feeling shallow.

Here leezard, leezard.

I'm a Godzilla fan and was fully redpilled and prepared for this movie before going to see it and ended up enjoying it while at the same time rejecting it as Godzilla. It doesn't stop it from being incredibly stupid, however, as per Roland and Emmerich's style.

My favorite scene is when Matthew Broderick gets in the car to escape the baby godzilla and murders two people before getting away with it

loved the fuck out of it when i was ten

youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

Lol fuck me i remember those commercials.