mega.nz/#!Q6p1hKaL!tYVKHXB8p8i_T25qNyoLzguz1Usmay-eIIvlSmBRRaI
strawpoll.me/14055469
cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-shorthand-std/
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tarsus_IV
youtube.com/watch?v=u4y0Ls_GqFo
ted.com/talks/paul_stamets_on_6_ways_mushrooms_can_save_the_world
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/continuity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know. What DID you think of tonight's episode?

>Star Trek Discovery S01E03 "Context is for Kings" Download:
mega.nz/#!Q6p1hKaL!tYVKHXB8p8i_T25qNyoLzguz1Usmay-eIIvlSmBRRaI

>Episode Rating: 7/10 (C)

Gabriel Lorca did nothing wrong.

Episode 3 was good. I like where this is going.

It's also an even stronger argument than before for "fuck continuity if it gets in the way of a story"

I'm in love with Special Needs Sylvia.

Sexually Transmitted Disease

It was pretty good. I actually think the show might end up being decent.

What did you think of EP3?
strawpoll.me/14055469
strawpoll.me/14055469
strawpoll.me/14055469

This. This felt like a real episode of Star Trek. This should have been the pilot.

fuck off SJW it is STD!!!

Also who makes a person a captain when they have vision problems?

Why accommodate allergic person

I think it's kind of funny we got "the ship is dark all the time because I want it that way" and "lol a woman named Michael?" in the same week

Michael? Isn't that a man's name?

Im a jew, and i cant stand this kike garbage!!!

This is a show about puny women kicking the shit out of rooms full of men and only being stopped by other women of color......this is a show with a 90% white male audience!!!

In the 24th century, nobody will care about sight problems.

>t. roddenberry

>I'm a Jew
Stopped reading.

He said it was from a recent battle. Remember, six months of war with the klingons has passed since the pilot.

>Gabriel Lorca did nothing wrong.
is a different character going to have to be defended every episode?

>not a trekkie
>shill
>Sup Forums
>orville poster
>you're not watching it

lets all avoid these points and actually engage in discussion about why people thought tonights episode was good or bad.

I though it was more of the same pretty dissapointed if i'm honest

sexist pig!!!

in the 24th century, if you have an incurable sight problem you can fuck right off
geordi was fucking blind but at least he got a visor

It's an injury, and a recent one. Also one that's treatable but he declined the treatment.

It's not like he's blind or anything.

when is this up on netflix?

The only """wrong""" thing he did was transport a pet into his ready room.

He likes to keep pets.

Who cares, download the mega someone posted above

It'll be on Netflix after the season ends for people within the US.

It's on Netflix already for everyone outside the US.

Blame the CEO of CBS.

Are you just going to resort to pretending to be retarded now?

This wasn't star trek
This was fucking event horizon

I finally caught up on this and Orville today. I think this show could actually go somewhere, and the political allegory seems pretty even handed so far. Good production values.
I will not be watching any more Orville. It was cringy humor, gender identity shit, and cuck shit. Don't know how anyone can think that's comfy.

>It'll be on Netflix after the season ends for people within the US.
this confirmed?

I'm in Australia, but only episodes 1 and 2 are uploaded. guess ill use mega.

>people still trying to make fun of /ourshow/ by calling it STD, as some kind of joke
Um, no sweetie.

Wow really? so it has kino practical effects and great ship design?

I want to eat her asshole.

EPISODE RANKINGS
2 > 1 > 3

What the fuck was up with 3? I want Trek not Deadspace x Doom

Regarding the Saru eyes on the front thing. What could be possible is that his species absolutely needed the depth perception frontally positioned eyes offer to survive, so they developed those neck dick thingies as a low-energy form of detecting movement or smell to cover the remaining surrounding. Still it wouldn't explain the rest of the problems brought up about the design and it's obvious the costume limitations were the reason for the lack of accuracy.

I know right, are these people like twelve years old or what? STDs aren't even funny!

This is an edit right?

Interesting that they're expanding on a throw away line from TOS about the spores that travel near instantly through space on a subspace mycelium network.

Yes. It's part of the Netflix Distribution Rights deal. Netflix paid for the entire series' production costs in exchange for International rights now and shared US rights after the season ends.

>STD is NOT the shorthand for Star Trek: Discovery, and we will NOT allow you to corrupt our beloved franchise
God I hate people who talk like this so much

This. So much this. Continuity is for autists.
I'm loving the new show, it's fun, great scenes with both michael and lorca. I hope they keep the references to the level they are now like the gorn skeleton in the end was a nice touch.

It has to be connected to TOS in some way right.

>jew,
Post hidden.

I'm pretty sure that's an edit.

>comments magically disappear within 3 days

They really sucked down that Captain America "NO YOU MOVE" shit.

What TOS episode was this?

Why are characters from The Expanse in Star Trek?

It's real: cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-shorthand-std/
What the fuck is with these people?

???
could you elaborate please? what episode? I thought that the spores was supposed to be a throwback to the iconians

Damn this post made me feel legit sorry for you.

Nope, it's completely fucking real, my guy.
cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-shorthand-std/

I mean is there a legitimate source confirming this other than an user?

>the virgin STD fan
>the chad orville bro

No fucking way
the PR team for this show is fucking abysmal

You're in the club when this autist barges in and asks your sassy black girlfriend to break down this code.

What do you do?

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tarsus_IV

youtube.com/watch?v=u4y0Ls_GqFo
this video goes more into it.

NO FUN ALLOWED.

WE'RE GRIM DARK, AND PROGRESSIVE AND NEO-FEMINIST.

HOW DARE YOU ENJOY SOMETHING!

this is what they sound like. who cares if it's STD or AIDS or BLM, the show stands on its own. The fans get to choose how it's abbreviated and the producers brought this on themselves with a clear lack of foresight.

Exactly my feeling too. They fucked up with the movie like double episode. And Michael wal more likeable in this one.

The first two episodes look even more shitty in comparison with this.

Let her go to work, because I'm not going to piss off Uhura.

Cheers!

I liked:
>the mystery
>the grotesque transformations
>the friendly and helpful Klingon
>the captain
>the captain's speeches

I didn't like:
>quoting Carroll to herself

So any sci-fi is now considered Star Trek?

Yeah I really feel sorry for the guy who doesn't think the most important thing in entertainment is autistic devotion to continuity as written down in some wiki

I like this show and I like STD.

>Lt. Paul Stamets

Ffs how did I not piece this together before. FUUUCK

Paul Stamets in real life is a world famous fungi expert.

ted.com/talks/paul_stamets_on_6_ways_mushrooms_can_save_the_world

You work for CBS

so it's written by SJWs, rips off Dark Matter, and completely dishonors Gene's visions. This show is crap.

Spoiler but for fuck's sake:
>Starfleet develops Warp 10 on the Discovery.
>It runs off of quantum spores
>It also has the Warhammer 40k side effect of sometimes producing literal Warp-spawn daemon beasts that can tear through metal like hot butter and are immune to phaser fire
>Captain keeps the hellbeast that already and casually destroyed the Discovery's twin ship as a pet
>Right next to his fucking Tribble pet
>100% unironic "here kitty kitty" at the hellbeast
>According to the teaser they'll release it next episode on the ship
>Everyone is a colossal douchebag
>Three other prisoners try to murder the MC in the middle of a full mess hall infront of armed security personnel, but no one interfered until she defeats them, and they hold her at gunpoint

What the fuck am I watching?

Ditto.
3 > 1&2
USS Discovery is beginning to grow on me. It is a scientific exploration vessel with heavy weapons designed for fighting against Klingons.

Fucking belters!

First two eps felt like a movie in TV show format, was hoping EP3 might "open up" the show into how it's meant to be, but nah, it was just part 3 of the STD movie.
Still holding out that it'll turn into a proper trek show by the end of the season, but I'm not really counting on it

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/continuity

The fucking quality of these STD posters

this

hell even the orville is slightly more like what Gene would want

Please see and fuck off.

>What the fuck am I watching?

You're watching someone writing a good Trek plotline and then asking "What if we added all this shit I think is cool because I'm a retarded fucking moron"

here you go sweetie.

So what's this about 24 houses?

>Breath Scanner

Fucking seriously?

Far better then the train wreck 1&2 was. I still don't see people subbing to their shitty service tho so there's no way it'll last long.

>>It also has the Warhammer 40k side effect of sometimes producing literal Warp-spawn daemon beasts that can tear through metal like hot butter and are immune to phaser fire

So, wait, they're bringing in the Fluidic Space species? Again?

Fuck me.

Reminder not to badmouth Discovery or the niggers will call you racist!

Did anyone else laugh when the shuttle pilot at the beginning was seen flying off into the abyss of space.

The way it was edited made it seem like she got hit by a stray rock or some shit kek

>What did I think of tonight's episode?
Captain Gabriel Lorca is the hero /trek/ deserves.

Every fucking Star Trek series except for TOS has been better off for deviating from what Gene wanted.

stop liking whet you are paid to like :)

TORRENTS WHEN??

Get ready for

>you didnt watch it
>not a real trekkie
>Sup Forums

This was like a bad version of the Macrovirus episode from VOY.
I thought maybe the first 2 where just shit like most pilots but goddamn this was stupid.

I do like how blatantly one of the writers on this is a massive Warhammer 40k fan.

>Did anyone else laugh when the shuttle pilot at the beginning was seen flying off into the abyss of space.
Kek yeah I did too, it just came out of nowhere

No, it's more like the entirety of the galaxy has this spore like fibre creating hyperspace lanes from everywhere to everywhere, and you can travel in it on the quantum level, but also demonspawn can randomly happen if you do it.

Too bad Janeway never heard of this, because the Captain could casually make the MC travel to like 5 different planets around the Galaxy in the span of 10 seconds by putting her in a cabin with spores.

Personally I don't mind the continuity, after 700+ episodes of episodic trek. On top of that, the continuous storyline in DS9 is literally the best Star Trek ever made. I wouldn't mind standalone episodes, but I also wouldn't mind not having them.

Do you guys think that young Spock fooled around with Michael when their mother wasnt looking?

I didn't make it through the pilot. Tell me this is a joke.

Top 10 hentai scenes

First pon farr target.

Get an attention span, for fuck's sake.

mega is up but the netflix one releases in europe in about 3 or 5 hours so probably around that time.