Shameless

Been binge watching this lately, 3 seasons in, I've been enjoying it a lot but I'm wondering if the rest is worth watching, I feel like they're about to jump the shark real bad and/or the quality is gonna go down...

I mean, at the end of season 3 Karen is gone, Jimmy is gone, Ian is leaving/gone, Lip might leave too, and Frank can't drink anymore...

I doubt the show can go on with so many characters leaving, and Frank not drinking. So maybe I'm wrong but I feel like they're gonna fuck all this up and most of these characters are all gonna come back real fast, and most likely Frank will miraculously be able to drink again and all, despite literally puking blood in the finale, which basically means the big cliffhangers in S3 are all meaningless.

Anyway, thoughts, what do you think about the show/are all seasons OK to watch, etc...?

also what about the fanservice?
It seems like Emmy is going naked a bit less,
which is a shame because she's a real qt with a fantastic body

It doesn't seem to go anywhere. Like what is the fucking point of the show?

That whole shit with the smart kid pissed me off. He keep getting chances to escape poverty and eventually provide a better life for himself (and hims family), yet he keep going back to poverty because " remember where you came from shit " something. DUMB

hes bipolar you dumb motherfucker

Honestly dude, it's just the same thing over and over and over.

He's not talking about Ian YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.

Lip (alcoholic) is the smart one.

Why did they recast Jane Levy? She wasn't OK with nudity? I mean it was quite obvious, even in season 1, that her character was a huge slut, even if no nudity yet.

You're think of the faggot, faggot. Lip is an alcoholic.
The show is shit. It just gets worse. Save your time.

The show needs to end. Everything has been wrapped up since Season 4 when you really look at it.
There's nowhere else for the characters to go.

she was doing another show at the time

They've been showing her tits less but making up for it with some more feet shots

Watch Season 4. It's one of the bests season of any TV show. Don't watch anything after that

Don't remember if they were seperate seasons, but the episodes where Frank gets a new liver but drinks anyway, and gives Carl a sip while looking out at a lake and Lip graduates and heads to college while Fiona finds a job, leaving a voicemail to Steve saying goodbye were great. Those seasons were nice.

Once Steve stopped being in the picture I couldn't keep watching desu.

Well early on he just wanted to get a job right away to provide for (who he thought) was his baby; If he was to finish high school, then university, the mother would just give him away to adoption.

Then when they went for that anyway, after getting pressured by all his family he thought they just wanted to use him and all.

This might have been poorly handled, but it reminded me of the Good Will Hunting plot a bit... Just because you can do something doesn't mean you HAVE to, if you'd rather do something else. He doesn't exactly look like he's enjoying himself studying and all... He's happier when he's fucking random sluts and getting into scams and shit. Do you have a moral duty to do something equal to your talents? Can't smart people be plumbers or carpenters and stuff?

Damn that sucks. Would've been nice to see her naked like twice an episode, and fucking 5-6 times a season.

I watched about a season of this show and I started to notice that nothing changed with them.

I liked Frank and his shenanigans but the rest of them were generally unlikable parasites who somehow think they are above everyone else cause they know how to root in the mud with the rest of the pigs.

The worst part is it just kinda sits there and glamorizes the shitty lifestyles they all lead. Growing up in the ghetto and somehow none of them are heroin addicts, they all have decent teeth/complexions. One is a savant anothe ris dedicated to the military and the third girl is mature for her age.

It just feels like impoverished hedonism with no consequences

When every season they create a new way to evict your family from the house or put a character in jail... I think you have a moral obligation to your family (they only force that "family" theme down our throats every season).

Binged this early summer, 6 is god awful, 7 is better but still not that great. Just so you know Fiona is unbearable now.

>I watched about a season of this show
kinda figured when I read
>Growing up in the ghetto and somehow none of them are heroin addicts, they all have decent teeth/complexions

There's literally a plot point about the girl having shitty teeths, carl has shitty teeth as well, and as for addiction, 1 is an alcoolic/drug addict, the mother was also an addict, plus a billion mental illness, they're pretty much all drug users even if not addicts...

If you look a bit past the 'light' shenanigan shit, there's a lot of harder plot points about poor family and shit. People giving up their dreams, love, etc.. because need money now, the problems that just never ends/never get fixed so they just deal with them permanently, and so on.

Season 4 is the best season, but it goes downhill after that.

Damn, she has some fucked up feet.

>Just so you know Fiona is unbearable now.
Aw really? She got hit by womynpower or some shit? Sucks, she was great and I loved Fiona/Jimmy a lot. Them and Lip. And Kev.
Pretty much all of them but the shitty kids I guess (liam debbie carl).

it's good until the sjw stuff

Alright seems like a consensus. Will get into that, thanks!

Being an alcoholic doesnt mean going on INCREDIBLY WACKY adventures to Mexico like Frank did

Or Lip going on a crazy scheme to rob documents from a university that involves running across rooftops

But I will say one thing, the neighbors black girlfriend or whatever? 11/10

>it's good until the sjw stuff
every show ever, it seems

Nah, she just becomes a worse character. Most of her storylines are what guy she's fucking and how she screws up. All the characters go downhill, except Carl, who improves, and Frank, who just remains a terrible, but entertaining person.

Lip is still good in the later seasons. Debbie is good too now, also unbearable but in an entertaining way. Carl is just boring

what happened with her nudity she did a ton in season 1 and then hardly ever again

I grew up in Detroit. I have no problem with shows being up their own ass, but seeing Shameless glorify people mired in poverty was tiresome less than 3 episodes in. Maybe it gets better. I watch snippets here and there because my girlfriend is currently binge watching it. It is, in fact, playing down the hall right now.

>I grew up in Detroit...
Well I think it's just the common reaction to shows/movie showing something you know/live...

Like a computer guy watching a movie about computer and absolutely nothing make sense/is how it really is, a poker player watching a poker movie, and so on.

Of course it's a romanced and all and doesn't look like the real thing. When I watched Shameless I think damn it looks like a fun family, even with the rare issues that are actually terrible, it seems like it'd be great to live in this family!

Of course actual poor family with addiction problems aren't fun to live in... Can't exactly portray it that way, no one wants to watch misery on television for like 10 years. It has to be glamorized poor, not sad poor.

>all them Mandy fuck scenes we won't see with Levy
A real tragedy

>No one wants to watch misery on television for like 10 years

I fucking wish I had the option to tho god damn that sounds like a blast