Is late night comedy dead?

Is late night comedy dead?

In general, is comedy for it's own sake (i.e. non-agenda driven) dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WtkdLQ6PM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Late night comedy hasn't been cool since the 1990s

The ironic part is that reality does not have a liberal bias, and it's that friction between objective truth and perception that creates the creeping feeling of depression that hangs over all modern humans

Youtube has killed late night shows.

yes, political correctness started the job and the 2016 election finished it off

>friction between objective truth and perception
AKA relentless 24/7 media brainwashing

all the late night shoes (except for jimmy fallons) have devolved into rabid dogs barking and foaming at the mouth about Trump. If politics isn't literally your job and you still aren't over this election you should probably end yourself, no matter who you voted for.

>rabid dogs barking and foaming at the mouth about Trump

Jokes haven't gone anywhere, it's just that all of the real comedians(who aren't dead, a lot of them are) are doing podcasts and stand-up tours.

>doing podcasts
Non-political ones? What are some good ones?

Real comedy died with george carlin

Carson did it right, everyone else fucked up by not following his example
>He avoided explicitly mentioning his views on The Tonight Show, saying he "hates to be pinned down", as that would "hurt me as an entertainer, which is what I am."[4] As he explained in 1970, "In my living room I would argue for liberalization of abortion laws, divorce laws, and there are times when I would like to express a view on the air. I would love to have taken on Billy Graham. But I'm on TV five nights a week; I have nothing to gain by it and everything to lose."[43] He also seldom invited political figures onto the Tonight Show because he "didn't want it to become a political forum" and did not want the show used, by himself or others, to influence the opinions of the viewers.[1]

>FUCK PISS SHIT CUNT REPUBLICANS ARE STUPID FUCK BITCH ASS

Certainly a comedic genius Carlin was

So...

not all trump jokes are about the election genius. he's been president for over 8 months. also colbert is winning the ratings now so clearly there is demand for it

Comedians are self obsessed and will put their politics into everything. They literally think it's important for you to know. You just have to look past it and deal with it.

There was some good stuff up to the millennial SJW takeover. Shows like Reno 911, which at the time was a "liberal" show, but now would be labeled a racist nazi show.

It's INSANE how left Holywood has gotten. Look at this Kid in the Hall skit.:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8

This would totally be considered "alt-right" now. It's like something you'd see on World Peace.

>its popular it must be good XD

end yourself fampai, and keep liking what you're told to like

>late night shows shouldn't comment on current events
I see.

Colbert is pulling in the deathbed demographic. Fallon still beats him in the 18-49 range.

>the only current event is the presidency

You don't see, in fact it seems you lack all senses.

>keep liking what you're told to like
who do you imagine is telling me what to like? you're delusional man. enjoy your asspain cause comedians make jokes that upset you

lol you might be right, but probably most younger people only watch late night shows on youtube anyway

>Comedians are self obsessed and will put their politics into everything
this was not always the case, not in a propagandized way as we see it done now

and all-time greats like dangerfield and cosby etc. never even touched politics at all

smug political humor is the lowest form of comedy

>imblying this is really, actually all they ever talk about, and you're not exaggerating
Righty-o then.

you have to take into account that the entire culture has become very political. its not just comedy. they are mostly just reacting to it

>the only current event is the presidency
There's more to the world than Trump????

>youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8
fucking crazy, what year is this

>(((entire culture)))

whats your point?

The last good one.

F

>In general, is comedy for it's own sake (i.e. non-agenda driven) dead?

American Vandal and Nirvanna The Band The Show were both GOAT non agenda driven comedy shows from this year.

>whats your point?
The "culture" hasn't become more political organically, it's been forced upon us via propagandized agendas. As someone said above about late show hosts now being attack dogs... the public at large didn't ask for that. It's been agenda driven by an extremist minority in attempt to persuade the masses politically.

But I want real agendaless comedy. Honestly it has gotten so bad, I'd rather watch YTP for hours instead of watching crap like Colbert.

>YTP
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WtkdLQ6PM

Yes, I'd rather watch this over Colbert.

Also CS188 is a YTP god.

Even more ironically Colbert coined a term for this dissonance, 'Truthiness'

>In general, is comedy for it's own sake (i.e. non-agenda driven) dead?

Outside comedians no one's ever heard of because they didn't drive an agenda home and actually try to be funny, yes. Nobody's really set out to be funny anymore, though Conan's probably the most tame. Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert, Meyers, Noah, all these men are practically driven to push their own agenda rather than actually be funny and charismatic.

I find Fallon and Conan the least offensive. Noah IS agenda driven unfortunately but he still tries to be somewhat even handed. Kimmel, Meyers, and Colbert are mouthpieces. WHich is a shame because I used to love Kimmel and Colbert

Kimmel is only recently political and really only on one issue and that's because it's pretty personal to him. For a minute he was setting aside a night a week to not joke about politics because he was sick of it. I'd hardly call him a mouthpiece for anyone other than himself.

>literal nazi became the US president
>everyone should just ignore it and get on with it

yeah.....no.

Colbert is shit because he is a sarcastic smug twat about everything and has no actual stances on anything.
He's like that jackass who repeats everything an easy target says in a forced higher-pitch nasally voice to get a rise out of said target and get laughs from everyone else, and does nothing else but this when called out.
>user, you sound like you're speaking from experience here
I am. I've dealt with at least three of these types of shitheads at different stages of my life, and they all ended up or were already heavy drug addicts with at-home issues. I don't know why those two things together specifically breed this type of cunt, but it's annoying as hell. Thank fuck I don't have any at work though. I'd rather fucking go to jail for slapping their shit than put up with it another time.

not just literal nazi, literal HITLER.

>"Reality has a liberal bias."
No, Stevie Cuckbert, reality has a reality bias.

comedy is doing fine. late night variety style shit is on the way out though. not any time soon, but it's on the decline, and i doubt they'll catch much of the gen z audience at all.

It's been dead for a long time. Sinc Carson ... Howard stern was good for a while but everybody sells out