>6, Cylon Infiltrator
>7, Bicentennial Man
>8, Georgey-O
>9, Doctor 30 Rock
>10, T'Kangz
>11, The Albino
>12, Lobot
>9001, Archangel Michael

That redhead was so autistic, discovery has found it's jar jar, they're even the same colour.

Main character is literally a retard and all the personalities so far barring the captain are fucking bland and cardboard cutout shit

I really like the personalities of everyone involved, very unique and cool.
The story was a little underwhelming in the last episode, kind of predictable.
But honestly, it's a TV show. The other star treks arent exactly riveting action filled stuff either. Compared to the old star treks, this really is way better in just about every way.
I cant really compare them objectively though because I cant binge watch the entire thing like I did with the others. I think if I had to wait a week and then a year for every new season, I'd think that startrek is shit too.

>Compared to the old star treks, this really is way better in just about every way.
This has to be bait or else you are a massive faggot

Please vote in my polls Sup Forums, your input is appreciated!

Orville/Discovery: strawpoll.me/14055745
Worst trek show?: strawpoll.me/14056186
Was E03 any good?: strawpoll.me/14055469

Thanks in advance!

I bet she looks like brent without the makeup

Take that hat off her head right now. It will only exacerbate her condition

Asking again, can Jason Isaacs redeem this virulent STD?

He already has.

they could have made a lighthearted series starring cadet autism but noooooooooo

>it took a white man in the captains chair to save this shows ratings
SJWs BTFO

I agree with RLM's review in that it's just not comfy enough. Nothing about it makes me want to live on the ship, all the crewmates are assholes or idiots, the captain is just a shady warmonger, and the sets feel downright claustrophobic at times. It'd be nice if they just had one set like Ten Forward that made just a bit more lived-in so I don't feel like I'm just watching some kind of space prison show.

there's nobody i particularly want to fuck but the new uniforms are very flattering towards the boobies of hyanoid bipeds

look at this based motherfucker right here

have a cat

even better

who the fuck is Ka'shuShh

The Klingon who died this ep

He just wanted to be their friend. He just wanted to work together with his former foes to overcome and defeat the Great Beast. He just wanted his Story of Glory to be sung with honor throughout the Empire.

RIP Ka'shuShh

> Game of Thrones is almost literally 100% white men
> GoT is a ratings bonanza
> STD isn't 100% white men
> STD isn't very well recieved outside of paid reviewers

Hmmm....

Was this the most Kino scene in Star Trek history?

yeah i just can't stand how we're getting a fresh approach to trek

especially since it's airing simultaneously with another show which is literally TNG in every way right down to the music

what i really want is stale episodic bullshit with a terrible first season and 30% good episodes thereafter. that's real trek and i shall accept nothing else

>the two separate sections of the saucer rotate independently
shroom drive confirmed

Hated the first few episodes but this one was decent. Michael is alright when she is forlorn and quiet and not trying to actually act which she can't do.

NO NO NO OH OHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

>yeah but got is set in the past, when the patriarchy was very powerful
>also we can't have women of colour/transgender committing incest since that's something only white men do with other white people
like pottery

>Also
>implying there isn't a cure for "special needs" people in the future, even Bashir's parents mentioned there could be plus it's star trek they could just wave it off as off screen magic
political correctness gone to far imo

sonequa is such a bad actress holy shit she looks BORED

I thought the bald blue guy on the Shenzhou had one sticking out of the back of his head or something like that but I'm having a hard time finding him just skipping around the first two episodes.

Ka'shuShh the Unforgettable!

Not a fan of Preserver obelisks?

Our fucking guy

It's scenes like this that instantly upgrade it from a generic TV show into a true art form.

>this guy shows up, slaps your security chief's ass and demands the Preservers' weapons and your mushroom drive. wat do?

I legitimately think the concept of the Mushroom Drive is awesome and a super interesting thing.

Even if I now can't stop calling it the Mushroom Drive

replying to yourself is weird when you're so obvious about it, my friend

it was kino when Contact did it. it was kinda weird and dumb when this episode did it. i hope that answers your question.

>"Miss me?"

Art for art's sake is shit.

Half of the crap in STD was that. Such as all the shit bring reflected in everyone's eyes. All the references to TOS trek is just as bad because it tries to use all of the visuals with none of the meaning as their way of trying to prove how authentic they are.

I'll give STD one thing: we all know the Mushroom Drive never took off. I want to find out why. Maybe Starfleet Command thought "Mushroom Drive" sounded stupid and ended it right then and there. Kinda like the whole "Bat Bomb" idea from WW2.

turning the "everything is connected" element of a shroom trip into an actual propulsion technology is very cool

we know they aren't actually going to get transwarp until janeway though, so whatever

seems like it's potentially a lot more valuable as a super surveillance device though, assuming she was really seeing into those places and it wasn't just a demonstration of mushroom memory or something. i was kinda vague on that point

Not really, original post was a question, and I wanted to give my own answer.

Anyway if you can't understand how that scene completely captured the essence of trek down to the core in a simple 25 second clip, you may as well just go back to your orville threads right now

>Spock's face when they activate the Mushroom Drive

>tfw that redhead is the right amount of thicc and the whole time imagjned how she'd look naked
>seeing her with her hair down

Had to stop and fap honestly. GOAT show

I just realized something...

Did they seriously just rehash Worf's story for Michael?

> colony attacked by enemies iun a sneak attack
> third party race rescues an orphaned survivor
> raises orphan on their homeworld
> orphan loses touch with their original race

>brother that will only be in one episode

seems like the captain is still lying about what it all does/is for, or maybe the propulsion concept was only a jumping-off point for what they're really using it for. clearly there are multiple experiments going on and the crew is partitioned so nobody has a full picture

>Anyway if you can't understand how
ah yes it's actually that you're so much more intelligent than me, it's not that you're easily impressed by derivative pablum

>we all know the Mushroom Drive never took off. I want to find out why.
I'm still erring on the side of this not actually being the prime timeline, maybe it's like prime timeline 1.5, or a timeline between prime and kelvin or something, there's just so much different it barely makes sense to be in the prime timeline.

>actually they get paid whether you screech or not

2/10 bait, but I'll bite

They get paid the difference of their initial budget against potential returns from Bluray sales, online streaming service subscriptions, chances of future seasons (the reason why ENT was 4 instead of 7 seasons), etc.

If Trek fans avoid STD in droves, it'll affect whether they CONTINUE to get paid.

Don't forget her latent aggression and having every suggestion overruled by her superiors.

At least Mike had the balls to try and mutiny. Worf took that shit for years and just accepted it like the pussy he is.

If you were visited by Based Ka'shuShh, how should you reply for a quiet theater and peaceful viewing experience come to you?

yeah but they won't you fucking moron

trek fans will watch each and every episode of every single trek-derived property and also buy the lunchbox

for this reason you sound spergy as fuck when you try to blackmail the producers with this "if you don't make the show I want then us TRUE FANS will MAKE YOU PAY" bullshit

The difference being that Worf worshiped his home culture whereas Michael worships her adoptive culture. Fucking Vulcaboo.

Exactly, everyone knows that true STD fans are the most intelligent group of posters on this site, it's no surprise that the average Sup Forums poster physically can't "get" STD in the slightest, even most STD fans don't really get it and only act like they do, it's just that far advanced.

go to bed jason isaacs it's time to stop posting

whats the other show

>seems like the captain is still lying about what it all does/is for

That's a fair assumption. And seeing as we're only three (well, ONE) episodes into the real story, who knows what'll happen.

> I'm still erring on the side of this not actually being the prime timeline

I'm also assuming that it's not in the Prime timeline either, so at least that may still keep things truly unknown. But if it is in the Prime timeline (God forbid), then it won't work, and I'd at least like to find out why. Either way, I'm curious.

Y'know, all STD had to do was just borrow JJ's Kelvin Starfleet uniforms for this and no one would be complaining much.

The Orville

I was thinking the same thing when it went into her backstory. 'Oh so like kitomer i guess'. I really hope its just coincidence but worf is without a doubt the most popular outside of tos

reminder this faggot is saying TRUE FANS won't watch the show because he's mad they didn't use the TOS uniforms

good luck with your economic sanctions

orville

the "parody" thing is a thin excuse to make literally TNG

it even has ex-TNG writers or something and a guy doing a really good brent spiner impersonation. i won't be surprised when they reveal he's actually voiced by brent spiner

>trek fans will watch each and every episode

Every Trek fan I know has been torrenting these episodes. They may be watching it, but CBS hasn't gotten a single cent from their streaming services but fans are still at least watching. That doesn't sound like they're making any money from this to me.

Switch to decaf Aaron Harberts, stop stressing that no one is paying to watch your crap.

>brent had to literally tell people on twitter it wasn't him

stop samefagging

I didn't say they wouldn't watch it, I said CBS wouldn't make MONEY off it.

They already made all their money back though.

how has no one mentioned the vicious uncircumcised penis beast yet?

samefag shame, fag

lol preemptive samefag accusation
i'm replying, not samefagging, you absolute freshly minted newfaggot

he's lying

prove this

>that protective gear is sure to come in handy for motorcycle accidents!

STD has been throwing in a lot of references like the Vulcan salute, the TOS intro chime, etc. Not because they're useful to the plot or anything, but because it's stuff Normies would recognize as "Star Trek" far easier than anything else.

Just look at this poster: Vulcan salute, space and planets and shit, a ship with a saucer... it's "Star Trek", right?

Sexually
Transmitted
Disease

variety.com/2016/biz/news/leslie-moonves-star-trek-netflix-nil-1201865908/
>The price Netflix paid for the new “Star Trek: Discovery” series (sight unseen as the show went straight to series) will cover the show’s production costs.
>"I go to bed at night a lot happier knowing that ‘Star Trek’ is 100 percent paid for" - Les Moonves

silently.

nice try. we all know how to use 'inspect element' you silly bitch

see pic

Yeah no they didn't. And even then, what TV producer just wants to make only their money back? They'd want to make like 10x their money back. I doubt they'll make more than 1.5x, maybe 2x, and that's hardly the kind of returns that warrants sequels.

lern 2 hollywood economics 101

So I'm wondering if the Mushroom Drive actually fails not because it doesn't work as a propulsion system, but because it transports people to different realities if left running for too long. It explains how a Doom 3 baddie showed up on the Glenn randomly and how the crew died (system failure of inertial dampeners to buffer back the sudden shock of transdimensional travel). We already know that whenever they test it on the Discovery things get all weird af with the laws of even normal Star Trek physics going wonky.

I'm also thinking the uniform switch occurs shortly after this season and they go to TOS style of clothing to signify them entering a new era for Starfleet after the war with the Klingons is dealt with. As is, they look more like updated Enterprise suits, just a slightly smaller focus off looking like engineering jumpsuits and more like uniforms.

Not that dude or anything but doesnt anyone else find STD's uniforms odd? I mean its been what 100 years after ENT right? So why do the uniforms resemble that over TOS? Not asking for the 60s shit because honestly the Abrams films did the uniforms really good and if you look at tng through ds9, uniform gets updated every few years just because they feel like it. So why the fuck still using a blue jumpsuit?

Why do Vulcans care about doing anything if they have no emotions?

ah yes i will prove i'm not samefagging by posting the exact same "proof" twice, once as a png and once as a jpeg

that will definitely throw them off my scent

just as two completely unrelated people would do

i'll even crop it the same way, just as two completely unrelated people would do

the tie-in prequel novel has something about the Constitution-class crews wearing TOS uniforms while the DIS uniforms are Starfleet-wide. presumably at some point the Constitution uniforms go fleet-wide.

could be neat to see that actually happen on the show in a few seasons.

Because logic will tell you that if you arent moving, youre standing still and if youre standing still youre stagnating, if youre stagnating then youre dying and you dont wsnt to die because its illogical.

Git gud

Don't forget how the USS Kelvin uniforms looked back in 2233.

I don't understand this show. How exactly is Michael responsible for the war? She is guilty of mutiny for sure, but it seems unbelievably clear that the Klingons didn't attack because of her actions. She ordered the crew to fire and the captain stopped her, and fighting didn't start until some time later.
This is really bothering me because I can't imagine the writing being that bad, so I feel like I must be missing something. Anyone?

They have emotions but they suppress them so they aren't influenced by them.

My guess for using the blue jumpsuits style for so long is due to showing how static Starfleet was between Enterprise setting up the UFP to present Discovery.

It certainly sounds like they've had little strife or issues since UFP was formed, and they even mention that Michael is Starfleet's first mutineer.

>tfw no green wraparound captain uniform

Shhh Mikey can't be the totally not-Mary Sue if she isn't special and different in some absurdly significant way...

If she had stunned the leader of the Klingon at the battle, they'd be able to arrange a ceasefire for the return of their new leader.

But she killed him after he killed her captain, so it made him a martyr for the cause. That's why those who know what happened at the battle blame her for the war.

its kind of cool seeing the show from the perspective of one crew member, they really should have skipped the pilot and aired that episode first, there was enough exposition that those pilot episodes were completely pointless.

But how would they know that's what happened? Did she admit to it? Why wasn't that scene shown?

>Vulcaboo
>not T'khasiaboo

Git gud ensign.

Also, before they transported to the Klingon ship, the captain had already blamed her for the hostilities I think.

She killed the Torchbearer

>because it transports people to different realities if left running for too long

I hope this explains the reason why they're in a different dimension.

anyone know this QT's name?

She feels guilty about letting her Captain die and she feels guilty about killing T'Kuvma.

For that reason, she pleaded guilty at her trial to all the shit that was justified and all the shit that she didn't even do but was accused of doing anyway.

Maybe the Constitution-class ships have TOS suits as a sort of experiment to see if they are worth switching over to from the current blue jumpsuits.

It is kinda hard to tell who is what rank and their job specialty is with the current suits. All we have is yellow/gold metal for command staff, silver for security, and what looks like white for science and engineering.

Whereas in TOS red is security and engineering, blue is science and medical, and yellow is communication and command staff.

Probably since she killed the klingon? Its very easy to see how Starfleet can think that the Klingons see that as reason enough to go to war over since michael spilled first blood.