The Orville

How does Seth MacFaggot make a better trek show than the official trek show? Wtf, weird times we are living in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM
youtube.com/watch?v=5YmKaDYLHLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He literally loves Star Trek and always wanted to be in one. Then when the time came, he got a cameo on fucking ENT. Poor man.

When his character states "I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE CAPTAIN OF AN EXPLORATORY VESSEL" he is speaking literally.

No idea but I'm sure glad he made this.

Fuck that abomination they call 'trek'

He made a better TNG show. Discovery is a better DS9 show. Complete with Section 31 themes. That said, Orville is better on account of being free.

You know you have a weak show if you have to constantly compare it to a worse one. Objectively speaking, Orville is dogshit.

Because he actually cares about Star Trek and knows what makes it great. Same reason why Simon Pegg wrote the best Star Trek film, Beyond.

Beyond was garbage though.

The fact that many episodes were directed by former Trek directors and actors probably helped, too.

very true, user. we are relentlessly living in relentlessly weird times.

Also like this show wtf. That bio spaceship episode

Still improvement over other reboot films, also Justin Lin > Jar Jar Abrams.

Are any of you cucks actually paying for this?

no one on Sup Forums relentlessly pays for anything.

>paying
It really sucks that torrenting isn't available to Americans. And that you can't get the show through Netflix. America = cuck nation.

Can you even really call it Trek? STD is basically your typical space war drama (Humans vs Klingons); stamped with a trek logo.

Also who here was shocked when Liam fucking Neeson popped on screen at the end?

#STDnotStarTrek
#STDisSoapOperaDrama

>liam neeson

i relentlessly shouted so relentlessly loud that my neighbor's relentlessly barking dog relentlessly gave birth to relentlessly meowing kittens. and the dog was relentlessly male.

For me, it's The Orville.

>That spread
Uh

>blocked by furniture
What's the point

What's Seths obsession with Kermit the Frog?

>that boxing scene

He used it in Family Guy a bunch of times as well. Just Google seth macfarlane kermit, he is kinda obsessed with Kermit

Hi ho!

>How does Seth MacFaggot make a better trek show than the official trek show?
He's a fan and someone who understands Star Trek, which is more than can be said of the people behind Discovery.

i also like kermie. kermie is comfy.

/std/ is aimed at the female audience like supergirl and the same way twilight and vampire diaries are horror aimed at teengirls.

the trailer makes it clear /std/ is all about girl's angst and feeling lost and her trials and tribulations.

just be happy he hasnt done the voice yet
good show btw, somehow mcfartland did it

He didn't, though. It's just damage control

>an ENTIRE EPISODE of gender issues

>"Star Trek: The Next Generation revolved around the patrician Jean-Luc Picard, an accomplished tactician and diplomat who kept Shakespeare’s collected works by his desk and whose favorite hobby was archaeology. He was played by an accomplished English stage actor. The captain of the titular Orville, Ed Mercer, has a dumpy name, keeps a Kermit the Frog doll on his desk for inspiration, likes to drink beer for breakfast, and is played by an actor who’s never headlined a live-action network TV show before, but has spent the past 22 years making raunchy cartoons."

it's a subtle nod to Sup Forums

>mfw a starship captain was fat near me

Oops. I accidentally created another thread. Hi /orville/

Trek talking about the topic of the day through metaphor? The fuck you say.

Hi

What was this guys' problem?

the union relentlessly discontinued his acne cream

That was the best episode you nitwit. The pilot is second best and reality tv menagerie was third. The world is hollow is the worst so far

Also, std EP 3 is great, even if it feels more like fringe than star trek. Its crazy and nonsensical and throws all canon and continuity out the window, but for the first time std managed to be actually fun and suspenseful. Theres this slug/tardigrade monster created by fungus transwarp conduits its completely insane but also awesome. The only remaining gripe that I have with std is the visual style with blue and red neon lights holograms and purble and green nebulas and blurred focus and shakycam is still complete asscancer. And the 'shh' Klingon was a good friend.
Everyone is such an asshole to each other I fucking love it its like everyone is Saul tigh. Reka sharman and gay Alan tudyk are best so far. Surus allright, and Michael is tied for worst with the autistic roommate.

I've admitted that episode three is decent, so can you finally fuck off and stop shitting on other decent shows because of sour grapes?

>Everyone is such an asshole to each other
typical soap opera writing

>I fucking love it
typical soap opera fangirl

The Orville or Star Trek: TNG?

Be honest, you are a girl, huh?

Wow, I've never called anyone a CBS shill before but holy shit this is the very definition of a shill post. Get out of our general.

No, but I am kind of a fag. I like Buffy season 2 and season 6, and angel season 3 and 4.
You're the shill. I'm saying stds alright so the stdfags can stop shitting on the Orville which is a better trek show than std.

>an ENTIRE EPISODE of gender issues

Ok. Any excuse to go on and on about how totally awesome STD is in an unrelated thread, right? That's not shill behavior at all. FUCK OFF.

Being obsessed with Kermit is kinda normal. Even National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is obsessed with Kermit. If a government agency does something it is as normal as can get.

>I am kind of a fag
No not kind of, you most certainly are a fag.
But you right, The Orville has proven to be the better show.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM

kermit embodies roddenberry optimism

STD rocks and the only reason Sup Forums defends orville is because they backed the wrong horse before premiers.

>Michael is tied for worst with the autistic roommate.

Roommate for first officer of a fucking ship. This limitation of STD writers knowledge when comes to how military works.

I too liked the Orville episode three.

Star Trek Discovery pilot was GREAT! It was action-packed and very cool aesthetically. I liked how much of a maverick Michael was and WOW was that Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Tomorrow Never Dies) as the captain of the chinese ship? Sure, the continuity is a little weird seeing as DIS takes place in the prime timeline but it will all be explained. All in all, DIS wasn't bad at all (I had feared much worse!

Also the Orville is very funny!

Thanks user, this scene here makes more sense to me now:
youtube.com/watch?v=5YmKaDYLHLQ

If I am not really following Star trek but only the recent movies, which show should I watch? Orville or STD?

Literally doesn't matter at that point. You're depriving yourself of TNG and DS9 for no reason.

Feminist misandry is satirized and btfo by the court ruling.
Std is not better than the Orville so far. Its redeemed itself from the stinker of the pilot, but it still has far to go if it wants to be considered good scifi even on the level of voyager.
What's wrong with liking both? Its absolutely cancerous to have fags here shitting on the Orville. I just want them to go away. And I'm not giving std unreserved praise. I'm saying it doesn't feel like trek and its more like some other generic jjabrams orci kurtzman SciFi, but unlike the pilot two parter, this is actually genuinely good and fun dead space mass effect doom IN SPACE!!!
Even if its not really trek, I'd say that if it holds on to the same level of quality it can at least be better than enterprise.
>it will all be explained
>kurtzman ever explaining Anything
It will 100℅ be a mystery like L O S T
>Michael was good
>pilot was good
unironically kill yourself.
Yeoh was the only tolerable thing in it, and that was still fucking mediocre.

I was just proving how good the Orville is by shilling DIS. What?

Orville feels like TNG. If watch The Orville and end up liking it, then congrats, you have a mess load of TNG that you will also enjoy.

>this is actually genuinely good and fun dead space mass effect doom IN SPACE!!!
Shills can't resist. I guess you get what you pay for.

>DIS
>DIS
It's STD

both are good and i can't understand why people would engage in this pointless console wars favouritism bullshit instead of enjoying two good shows

everything STD is lacking is present in Orville and vice versa . I don't think this is a coincidence and i wouldn't be surprised if there's some weird subtle crossovers later in the season (i'd tell you why but it's a secret)

You're the shill if you want to have shitposters at each others necks in every fucking thread.
Its all so tiresome.

Second DIS was meant for dis:
>88439224

Nothing weird about it.

You know those threads you see about people here wishing they'd one day make it enough so they could make their dream projects? That's MacFarlane, he actually succeeded and is doing what he always wanted.

Get on his level.

I didn't walk into the STD general and start talking up the Orville, genius.

yeah we need a wordfilter

mods????

based seth

>f there's some weird subtle crossovers later in the season (i'd tell you why but it's a secret)
lol keep watching DIS (available exclusively through CBS All Access), Orville fans! You will be rewarded! I can't say more! ttfn!

No you only shitposted about how much you hated the best Orville episode so far. It was clear bait and I was stupid for replying to it.

You do get that there are more than two people in this thread, right?

Nice try, shill

My problem is that you worked in one of the most transparent "pls watch STD it's really improved" paragraphs into your nominal "defense of Orville's best episode" post

All of you faggots get out of my thread.
talk Orville or gtfo

>talk Orville
GLADLY

I think there would be less shitstorm if they set STD after VOY. Setting it before TOS was fucking retarded as hell. the nuKlingons would have been better as new race if it was set post VOY.

Why did they leave everyone else behind?

well you'll be rewarded by the fact that it's a good show, dummy

>(available exclusively through CBS All Access)
weird i got mine through an obscure little service known as the "pirate bay"

also it's kinda weird to imply trek fans aren't going to watch literally every episode of anything trek-related no matter what

Jokes on them, that species just looks and acts very young, but he really 40 years old. He played on their sympathy to help him escape.

thats funny because like those girls, the shows are also looking the same

is that bitch in /std/ a klingon or a klingon-human mix/rapebaby?

>well you'll be rewarded by the fact that it's a good show, dummy
it's a shill plays dumb episode

its not yours, its anonymous'

yeah i bet that isn't the last we see of that sneaky fucker

i got a feeling this show is just pretending to be heavily episodic and a season arc is about to sneak up on everybody

mark my words, we'll soon discover that tranny baby ages much faster than human kids and he'll become a bridge wesley by the end of the season

this thing you do is really tedious. i know you're like "tee hee im trolling" but it's pretty boring, isn't it?

everything is free on the internet

That thing you do where you respond to a sarcastic comment seriously is really tedious as well.

hanguk you fuck

I can tell your the same guy in every Orville thread because you are the only person on this board that uses the word dogshit. Every. Single. Thread.

why do people treat anonymous posting as some sort of spot a faggot guessing game.

I recognize you!

>How does Seth MacFaggot make a better trek show than the official trek show?
CBS didn't want to make Star Trek. What they wanted was to make Game of Thrones in space, and slap Star Trek on it for brand recognition to help their streaming service. They'll soon realize Star Trek fans aren't so easily fooled.

The problem with this episode is the resolution. Instead of teaming up with the blowfish man or the monster to their left and coming up with a clever escape plan, Seth uses the episode as a setup for a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills joke. This is the weakest episode of the four so far, even though I really liked the creature design and the relationship stuff between Seth and Palicki.

Are the numbers in yet? Is the show actually gaining them new subscriptions? Wouldn't the make more money by just airing the show on TV rather than stream, simple because that would mean more money from commercials? What's their end game, and is it paying off?

>Beverly Hills
New Jersey, I guess. I don't watch those shows.

The season arc is about whether Mercer accepts his position of being the ships cuck.

>What's their end game
Everyone is dumping the Hulu/Netflix model and atomizing into several independent streaming channels

They're dogshit tbqh

Is it actually working? Sounds like the consumer loses in this scenario.