I DEMAND A BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THREAD!

I AM A CITIZEN OF Sup Forums AND I DEMAND A BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THREAD!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8Yj0Iwa8_gk
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SO FEEL WE ALL

Just post in any of the STD threads, nearly the same thing.

>comparing BSG to STD

>Starbuck appears
>all along the watchtower starts playing

How did she get so much work after BSG? She's not a very good actress at all.

Yesterday I started rewatching BSG, this time I showed it to my mum since she had nothing else to watch and im staying at my home for a week, she loves it so far.

But what surprised me the most is that I was sure after all these years I'm going to hate starbuck as the usual hardass hotshot female pilot stereotype, but she actually is really entertaining and well written character, I'm at episode 3 atm.

Two reasons spring out at me

She looks like she'd dominate hard on Ultimate surrender

Back in the distant past of 2004, casting her was a radical and challenging decision that stirred controversy in the fanbase
Nowadays it's a mandatory requirement

>filename

Except BSG had a couple of decent seasons before it started to suck.

great show, shame about season 4. what was your favorite episode?
i am partial to the one where baltar is on trial, and adama jr. is his lawyer and gets him off because of the presidents own orders from early.

got a weird boner over here

reminder
gaius baltar did LITERALLY nothing wrong

except for giving state secrets to a sexy blonde which led to the nuking of how many billions of people. i mean, he didnt know it was gonna happen, but hes still at fault. cant blame him though, i woulda done the same for that robot pussy

CONSPIRACY IMPLIES INTENT

i didnt say anything about a conspiracy, im saying he gave her access to the computers at his job, that he knew was a no no. he broked rules. for sweet sweet cylon pus

>for sweet sweet cylon pus

worth it

i always thought it was neat how they had the corners cut on their papers and currency credits or whatever they were when they played poker. made their universe feel a little more unique

You're doing the Gods' work, user.

I NEVER INTENDED

It is retarded how Baltar remained unscathed in the end despite fucking up continuously throughout the series and only cared for himself until the very end.
Religious elements sucked too when they went full retard after s2.

ACTION STATIONS

ACTION STATIONS

I kinda hate to say it because of how much I despised her character, but Katee's not that bad an actress.

The big problems are that at first she is literally just acting the way Dirk Benedict did in the original, and by the time she acquires her own character it's as the polymath genius who is better at everything than everyone because the writers couldn't come up with anything better.

Holy shit. Is he a wizard? How many goats does he sacrifice every day? Will he teach me his secrets?

Exodus, Part II.

We all know why.

I like that they cast someone who, to paraphrase the showrunners, was so incredibly hot she would make men retarded enough to do whatever she said and lucked out by getting someone who could hold her own in scenes with hitters as heavy as Olmos and MacDonald.

Good to see she's had steady work ever since.

Although I love that ep, I will never not be mad about how retardedly the Pegasus went out.

I mean obviously they couldn't have kept it in, the show is called Galactica and Pegasus is far more powerful as well as being able to crank out replacement ship parts and Vipers which takes away a lot of the narrative tension.

"Oh lol let's just commit suicide" is still stupid. They should have had Pegasus get hit by something that took down her FTL so she couldn't escape, and then had Lee do some "from hell's heart, I stab at thee, Cylon fucking shits" and send her out in a blaze of glory.

Even with that it's still my favourite ep of TV ever.

Apparently Tricia Helfer watched the rape scene from Irreversible to prepare for her role as Gina.

Hnnng

>when the bass hits at the two minute mark
youtu.be/8Yj0Iwa8_gk

>couple
>one

He's the man

It only really started to suck about half-way through season 3. Still managed a few decent episodes after that but it was never as good as it was before.

I get the feeling that the big problem was that they kept changing what the Cylon plan was until the only way to resolve it was to fall back n God.

I saw that too
Apparently she couldn't get through the whole thing

Pegasus/Resurrection Ship
33 ranks highly as well

Does she actually say "No" at any point during that scene (irreversible)? I dont think she does...

I forget the title, but the s2 ep where the centurions have infiltrated the ship and wreak havoc

I know precisely how you feel

The boxing episode was when it started to turn

Valley of Darkness

What's the official Sup Forums viewing order?

bump

Best Sci-Fi kino ever

Yeah but what about Caprica, you guys?

Apparently whichever prop guy came up with that idea during the miniseries never admitted it because the prop guys from the actual series wanted him dead for all the extra work it caused them.

>mfw you can rape retro Basestars with Jupiter-class Battlestar in the new BSG fleet tactics game

Shit, I'd betray the human race for her as well.

>My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be.

it actually got really good in the last few episodes, too bad they aired after it was cancelled

It's fucking glorious isn't it?
>Action stations!
>Ordinance ready
>Launching nuke

Everything in order

>What do you hear, Starbuck?

I really didn't get the final season when people suddenly started worshiping Baltar for inexplicable reasons. Felt like we missed a whole subplot.

chronological or release

Caprica was just a mess
We were promised the origins of the Cylons, the uprising and overthrowing of their human masters and the beginning of the first Cylon War
What we got was teenage angst, some gangster bullshit and family drama. Plus a VR subplot that was totally out of place and contributed nothing.

She's alright but she really isn't all that

Baltar owned the show when he guest starred on 12 Monkeys

Release
Start with the beginning of the first show and go from there

>Homosex detected

>haha time for rape

I do wish we'd have gotten more space combat scenes in the show, I'd have loved to see fleet engagements or even just more duels-to-the-death between capitals, no spaceship quite gives me a boner like a battlestar.

Man I love that alcoholic son of a bitch. I'd love a prequel series of him and Bill getting up to shenanigans, but I know they would fuck it up

We know who the patrician choice is

All of my HHNNNNNNGGG

Unfortunately the CGI was too expensive
That's why they had to cut back in Season 3

That's a damn shame, it would have been even more glorious.

>spaceboner intensifies

The ship designers really outdid themselves

I wish, I hope, I pray that there's DLC or Mods to add the Mercury Class to the game

Cally was cuter. Chief is a retard.

She may have been cute but she forced the Chief to raise another man's kid

I'm very sad we never got any technical manual or diagram cutaways of the ships like the star wars or star trek universe have, though I guess they're constrained by the general realism of the series and it'd be a huge pain trying to create a logical layout for the huge space that is a battlestar. Also does anyone know why they decided with all the realistic decisions of ship design they made the turrets have a glass canopy, I thought I was seeing things at first.

They said they're doing free dlc and paid expansions, I assume that as well as adding different units they're going to cover different eras. Maybe they'll even do a second cylon war one.

I couldn't tell you the name but years ago when I was at a con I was browsing a book stand and I saw a BSG tone. I flicked through it and I saw some specs and stats for the ship but I honestly don't remember how detailed it was or what it was called. I do know it was hardback.

What really stands out is that the game's designers actually consulted with the show's creative directors at Universal with the intention of making sure that everything they produced with contemporary and in keeping with the show's moorings

>that scene where Gaius pulled one of the photos down from the wall and talked about he was godfather to his lab assistant's child and that he'd never do anything to hurt him or anyone else

The callbacks to the original series were unexpected but very welcome. Artemis is a cute pocket Battlestar :3

80s bsg best bsg

And some of the Cylon/Colonial hybrid designs are pretty cool and well thought out - it's pretty logical that they would initially imitate their creators before designing their own ships (i.e. Basestars)

Oh my God.....

It's just not the same without the music kicking in.

TFW veiled Cyclon thread.

She's not that sexy but she did display a lot of passing in her sex scenes.

The Expanse > BSG

dubs of deceit

Chronological

skip the shitty boxing episode and black market episode

youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI

Nah man. The Expanse is pretty fucking cool and all. Certainly Expanse is one of the best scifi I've seen recently. But it doesn't hold up a candle to the complexity of the BSG characters and the BSG space battles.

would totally rape

Would you hang up the sign?

Anyone else worried about the new film they're working on? Personally I don't think it'd feel right because BSG is the characters and designs of the re-imagined series.