Remember when cartoons actually looked like works of art?

This is your reminder that animation will never be this good ever again:

youtube.com/watch?v=QIwUpvf2jXY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N-3yfCIGCxs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ydo_5Jch8Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo
youtube.com/watch?v=DKhQg-GvynE
youtube.com/watch?v=Okl9vSJCRNg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go cry about it on Sup Forums, faggotron. Boohoo muh hand drawn 12 year production, fucking loser.

Tomm Moore's stuff looks way better than this crap

>I played a shit game now I'm an expert on old animation
tell that to Sup Forums cocksucker

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

haha i playeds couphed too i am very smart now i love maxx fleishcher can we get him on RLM

I've been into this shit for years, m8, and I've never played Cuphead.

>It's a whale of an island, that's not a bad joke
That was supposed to be a joke?

>1930s """humor"""

If only Olive Oil called him a racist, sexist beta male instead, that's what great jokes are made of.

>two dudes with basic cartoons punching each other
>WORK OF ART

lol

>a barrage of visual jokes in a visual medium
>character models that constantly move and change in unexpected ways, taking full advantange of what animation and only animation can do
And you're complaining because the story is basic?

is story the hardest thing to do with animation? of any kind? because so much focus goes into art, animation, music & voice acting? talking about anime & cartoons too

They should draw all women like Olive Oyl, skinny and helpless.

t. triggered landwhale

The stories in old animation shorts were never the focus. It was all about taking full advantage of the medium and a flurry of gags.

What's the matter OP? Don't like those computer-generated nu-male cartoons that took tens of hours to produce?

Incoming month of fake nostalgia for old cartoons because people played cuphead.

Ricky Mortin has best animation since Superjail

the production schedules are the main difference

That, but also more importantly: the costs of labour. Animating by hand isn't a big deal IF you can find and pay enough animators to do it.

It sucks but the working conditions/hours of old school animators would be considered cruel and unusual punishment now days.

like at the 4 minute mark
youtube.com/watch?v=N-3yfCIGCxs

Go to Sup Forums if you wanna talk about video games, fag.
This is the television and film board.

You can animate much better in Flash nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ydo_5Jch8Ns

This is why no one watches these old garbage animations.

Imagine the cartoons we'd be getting if Max Fleischer cartoons were still being made today

Worst timeline.

There is a 2D movie coming out in 4 days that is much better animated than this

Nigga please:
youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo

There is?

it happens to be of a show we aren't allowed to talk about outside of /mlp/

>mlp
>good
pick one

All I said is that it's better animated
look at a trailer for the movie, it's far more fluid and less stiff than 50 year old popeye

>Flash
>good
T I P
I
P

T O P
O
P

F U C K I N G
U
C
K
I
N
G

K E K
E
K

i dont get it... was she funny or something?

The film is animated in toon boom and drawn frame by frame

she's built like chlomo, what's not to like?

>visual jokes
like what? twisting his hand around to give the spinning punch? yeah what a great "joke" ...

Some still does. Just go out of your way to find it instead of whining like a pathetic fuck.

That movie was great and the animation was very impressive but I think Secret of Kells is still a better overall story.

Book of Kells is another kinomation

Added to my list.

animators at fleischers were very well paid and well taken care of, Grim Natwick was doing fine financially

>Everything I don't like is Rick and Morty

posting essential popeyekino

I loved that movie.

So beautifully drawn and a great story too.

Hannah Barbra was shit tier cartoon.

I used to love that show on Boomerang (long before it turned to shit) that played the old Fleischer/MGM/etc cartoons and gave you some info about the production and stuff. Had a real old TCM (before they too turned to shit) vibe to it. I think I still have the Popeye episodes on tape somewhere...

GOMU GOMU NO RIFLE

OP just played Cuphead.

You have been playing Le Cuckhead too?

samefag

(((Zukor)))
((((((((((((((Fleischer))))))))))))))

Do you even realize just how cringy contrarian faggots like you are? Yes, Cuphead is a really popular thing right now and it got lots of people interested in this oldschool type of animation. What is your problem with that exactly?

The first one didn't say anything negative about Cuphead

Why are trend hoppers so insecure about their taste?

Look I'm not going to tell you that animated Netflix sitcoms are the next step up, but independent animation is a s strong as ever. You know where to find it? Fucking Newgrounds. Wanna animate for disney? Start at fucking newgrounds.

Fucking stupid brats these days have no idea the opportunities we left for them./

>I just like whats popular at the tiem
Just fuck off. This is a board to share opinions, not repeat others opinions, faget

This animation isn't even anything special. sure the backgrounds look good for a second, but they're static so it's garbage.

good art and animation, shit stories

those shows were as cookie cutter as they come, would rather binge Family Guy or Simpsons than sit through a marathon of Popeye just because they know how to occasionally break the monotony

youtube.com/watch?v=DKhQg-GvynE

>shit stories

>Remember when cartoons actually looked like works of art?

>those shows were as cookie cutter as they come
remember that other fleischer short which was about the little guy being tortured in order to force him to join a cult, and in the end he joins it because the gruff-voiced leader turned out to look exactly like his girlfriend (who is by the way betty boop)?

>Imagine the cartoons we'd be getting if Max Fleischer cartoons were still being made today
Since they made their name by being on the cutting edge of animation back in the day, I'd say hell yeah!
TPTB would have embraced the leaps in technology, and still be producing the best work in the business.

>we're talking about popeye and similar shorts from the 1930's and how the stories are always the same garbage
>posts a show from the mid-late 60's and beyond as an example

Fuck off strawman

youtube.com/watch?v=Okl9vSJCRNg

Ja.

Video games are the future of Kino animation

To be fair, The Simpsons had some great animation, especially around November 1999.

True, but most animators aren't using Flash to it's full potential like the Fleshcier Studios did with traditional animation. Flash animation is mostly talking heads and forced drama. The only exception is Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Remember when everyone used to make fun of B^Uckley for having all characters being the exact same face with minor details added, but this is suddenly okay when an actual TV show does the same shit?

I'm not saying there wasn't a point to mocking him, but you have to realize that it was mainly done immaterial of his actual work. You look like a weirdo if you're making fun of something without being on a bandwagon, which is why they get away with it now.

There's shitty static animation in every medium.

Somebody play Cuphead recently? go start a thread in Sup Forums faget

Wow, triggered much, kid?

Oh god, I can't watch any further than this. Garbage. Literally unwatchable

this is a 10/10 in america

On one hand I agree but on the other I hate the sudden influx into some niche by some idiots who never took an interest in the medium before and get into it because of a fucking videogame of all things

Exactly. These people will just prevent actual fans of animation from having any fun on the web for the next 6 months and then fuck off anyway