What is the most surprisingly good movie you've seen?

What is the most surprisingly good movie you've seen?

I was expecting a shitty Italian thriller but it turned out to be a masterpiece.

Karl Urban is great in everything he's in. Plus it's one of those rewatch to catch things you missed flicks.

Shit, misread. Thought it said Why is this the most.....did I mention I haven't slept in a day or so?

It's surprisingly good because it's a reboot of a notoriously shitty film from a director that never made anything else better than "just okay" that was marketed as "A 3D EXPERIENCE". All of those are red flags.

this or spring breakers

fucking awesome on a projector with surround sound

super solid film

Went in with no expectations, came out being absolutely charmed by it.

that's called going to the cinema, right?

well at home Im in a smaller darker room, so the experience is a lot mroe... sensory deprived?

I was expecting some generic capeshit filth but I was surprised by the deep political intrigue it brought to the table

Fuck you I liked it thread?

I loved snowpiercer

Was expecting another "zany" Dreamworks shitfest, but it actually turned out to be capekino, on par with The Incredibles.

The Grey

You do know that Judge Dredd started in comic books and not in the Stallone movie, right?

fuck you I loved it

It's visually beautiful, Sarah Gadon is a absolutely top tier waifu, Charles Dance was kino, and the plot was a nice simple character driven tragic hero story rather than macguffin nonsense.

Way better than I expected

The Handmaiden

DREDO

Dredd was an AWESOME movie and Urban was perfect (I liked JD before they were movies), I long for sequals

kill the irishman with based Pullo
straight to DVD, straight to my heart

Best capeshit of the bunch, the ending with the "lol we're gonna shoot everyone based on our algo" was fucking retarded though. I am betting that was some shitty disney kike that insisted on some world ending gimmick being included.

The Sucker Punch

was expecting a generic action flick, saw the directors cut and was amazed how deep the film was.

When I saw the ratings for American Psycho I assumed it was just another unintentionally wacky meme movie, but it turned out to be one of my favorite films so far. Shame you can't really talk about it without implied rolling

>UDGEMENT IS COMIN