I'm about to watch this supposed kino in a while. What can I expect?

self-masturbatory, overindulgent, pseudo intellectual trash.

I stopped halfway into this to get some crab legs. It was trash until the end.

hmm... what should I watch instead?

Cute Italian women

It's arguably the most important film about making films of all time. Everyone from Scorsese, Kubrick, Spielberg, and Lynch were heavily influenced by it.

Highly overrated flick

Conseguenze d'lamore

Come back and thank me faggit

Dude actors are human garbage lmao

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition

Disregard those posters. They suck cocks for a living.

Watch 8½. It's fantastic, and only a pseudo-intellectual would call the film pseudo-intellectual.

Can someone actually explain this film to me? I'm guessing it's a film for film makers to relate to because as a casual watcher I never felt engaged in the story or the visuals. The characters were all awful people. I'm guessing that was the point

This. It's very straightforward with its plot, of course it's meandering but because it's literally about the director not being able to move on with his life and creativity. The only non completely realistic parts are the childhood flashbacks and the dreams (which are clearly portrayed as such).
I guess it might sound a bit... irrelevant maybe like said if it's the first movie by Fellini one watches

François Truffaut's La Nuit américaine easily shits on it. 8 1/2 is just unfiltered wankery.

depends on your mood:

Belle de Jour
That Obscure Object of Desire
Le Cercle Rouge
Army of Shadows
The 400 Blows
Jules and Jim
Persona
Wild Strawberries
The 7th Seal

If Day for Night was the more popular one you would be shitting on it and praising 8 1/2 instead you fucking poser

This fucking guy...

Look at all that Criterion.

What's wrong with criterion

>8 1/2 memes
>lel this guy and criterion
Fuck off back to Reditt

A wild ride of imagination with some memorable scenes.

La Dolce Vita also fucking sucks.

a pleb filter for those who can't into italian outside of neorealism

>entire parts spoken in dialect
Truly patrician