Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=koXMhFXSF9A
youtube.com/watch?v=qgP0dD_FQ6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=u15h02Y0MDY
youtube.com/watch?v=QASPdB20BC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's a lowkey pedo thread
MODS

Maybe it's time I read the book again. The movie is good too but it's over so fast, the book really stays with you since you're not going to read it all in one sitting.

>Also this guy
not to mention the sequels

for a loli Regan/Linda Blair was never really that hot as far as loli's go.
No where near the daughters in poltergeist or Rhoda in "The Bad Seed" and far below prime underage Brooke Shield in "Alice, sweet Alice".

The book was really damn good. I need to read it again too.

Until "IT" came along this was the highest grossing horror film ever, am I to understand nobody on Sup Forums has seen it?
Is this the true patricians Horror movie?

Also when is the inevitable remake? WB isn't going to let this go unchallenged right?
Actually IT is a WB movie too.

It's a great movie, not sure why all the hate. Pic related scares me the most, why?

Why you do this to me dimmie

That fucking demon was the best arch villain, it could troll anyone by digging into peoples deepest insecurities with lies. That's the beauty of it.
Max Von Sydow even warns Dimme "Don't beleive it's lies" but he still falls for it hard.
Pazuzu is the true patron Saint of Sup Forums.

Stephen King even makes a call back to this scene in"1408".
"As I Once Was
So You are Now.
As I Am Now
Soon You will Be."

Last part was omitted but it was a popular tombstone epitaph for centuries.
"Prepare For death
And Follow Me."

My favorite horror film. I watch it every Halloween.

quality post

Honestly the documentary style of the cinematography and pacing didn't quite do it for me, but the movie is full of memorable performances and iconic lines.

This fucking scene though:

youtube.com/watch?v=koXMhFXSF9A

I think it's my favourite precisely because it deviates from the documentary style of filming, being a dream sequence.

>he posts the scene from the objectively shitter cut
Nah I don't think I'll discuss it with you

youtube.com/watch?v=qgP0dD_FQ6Q

Directed and produced by John Boorman, who made "Excalibur", whiskey and cocaine man.

Thrown off by a deleted scene. I doubt you have anything of value to add, be on your way.

The Exorcist is hammy.
The Excorcist III, on the other hand, is a fucking masterpiece.

It's one of the few movies that manages to be quality and scary at the same time.

FINALLY AN EXORCIST THREAD

I always wanted to post this rare traiker that was banned from theatres
Seizure warning

youtube.com/watch?v=u15h02Y0MDY

It's telling about Father Karras that he, the weakest link in the exorcism, is granted a miracle and a vision in his dream.
Is it the demon tormenting him or is it God warning him him and exposing the demon?

This is great I never saw some of those Pazuzu stills but I imagine 100's of them along with live action footage was taken.

isn't there an exorcist tv show on netflix right now?

>making a serious version of this classic film comedy

>go see exorcist in theaters
>dumb teen queers start laughing at all the scary shit

The book's not as good as the movie. The spider walk scene shocked me the first time I saw it. It was so unexpected and quick. It did not have the same effect in the book. It was interesting reading the backwards speak in a book, though.

I thought the nightmare was just him feeling guilty about his mother's death. I didn't see it as a miracle.

Uncomfortable silence + breaking the fourth wall

the dream sequence is great. I love how you can hear Karras snoring. But my favorite scene has got to be the confession at the bottom of the stairs. I heard the director slapped the actor before filming, and that's why his hands were shaking during that scene.

The Visitor is the best Exorcist flick

True patrician

Going to see horror kino sucks because there are ALWAYS teenagers there.
Whoever came up with "teens" and ended the long period of human history where childhood ended at puberty and you were held to adult standards from then on was a fucking idiot.

The weirdest thing about this film,I feel, is that the scene that grossed me out the most was the medical exam, when he puts a needle in the neck and you see blood shooting out.

I remember my mom telling me that it was pretty standard procedure in the 1970's.

>Do you know what she did? Your cunting daughter?!
is a favorite line in our house.

The only gag I recall from that film

Frieda: What does the name 'Aglet' mean anyway?
Braydon: Well a long time ago 'Aglet' meant 'He who puts those tiny little plastic things on shoelaces' you see a long time a go a mans' name was his profession.
Frieda: Oh so a man named Fred Carpenter would build houses and John Baker would make bread
Braydon: Exactly
Ned: So what did John Hancock do?

sweet digits btw

Laughter is natural stress release valve for people, that film pushed so many people's buttons mainly because the antagonist took the form of a little girl.
It's still rude as fuck though.

you are correct, I never heard of until now but it went 16 episodes and I've never seen it mentioned here. Boring or no quality memes I'd venture to guess.

thanks for the rec

best line ever

The Visitor is really great. Its like The Exorcist if its script had been entirely coke-fueled with elements of Star Wars and The Birds liberally tossed in.
Alamo Drafthouse did a nice release of it a couple years ago.

>your mother sucks cock in hell

Why was she so rude?

That was the one scene I couldn't bear to watch, I always shut my eyes during the spinal tap.
That with the machine drone and Regan whimpering was too much for me.

Oh shit I actually saw this film on the proto-cable channel SELECT TV as a kid(late at night folks are asleep), fucking birds man.
This bring to mind another unsettling Euro evil kid movie "The Orphan"

youtube.com/watch?v=QASPdB20BC4

Product of a liberal upbringing.

>when father karras turned out to be the titular exorcist as opposed to the present established exorcist character

This looks like kino. Would you recommend it?

That's creepy as fuck but it's a shitty trailer. It's just a guy explaining the plot in the quickest and simplest way, then spooky images flash on screen for 30 seconds.

Stanley Kubrick turned down the chance to direct the film.
Kubrick would ultimately pass on the project, stating (according to director William Friedkin) that he "preferred to develop his own stuff."

Oh what it could have been.

One of the best examples of a fat, fedora opinion. Bravo idiot.

You need to go back.

>Oh what it could have been.
A lot worse.

Back where? Reddit? That's exactly where morons like you belong.

Notice how instead of justifying your "fucking masterpiece" claim, you go with the old reddit retort. Only further proves your stupidity.

Would have been shit

Bateson was an X-ray technician at NYU Medical Center and served as an extra on the film.
In 1979, Bateson was convicted in the murder of film critic Addison Verrill. Authorities believe that he was also responsible for "the bag murders" of six other men — whose mutilated and dismembered body parts washed up in black plastic bags along the Hudson River.

As difficult as it is to admit I'm inclined to agree.
He can't into religious themes AND horror.

Kubrick would have probably made the sexual abuse subliminal themes a lot more prominent and coded them within a lot of the imagery and changes in dialogue from the book.

The spiderwalk and the levitating scene would have been done in a wide-angle, stiff camera with a one point perspective composition.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was better, because the recordings of her speaking in tongues/4 languages at once were real recordings

It's very bizarre . It's a real "midnight movie" so if you like those type of films you'll like it

It sucks ass, my mother gets scared of car chase scenes but she laughed at that piece of shit film

Your mom sounds like a pleb which would in-turn make you a pleb

Unless she cucked your father, so what are you a pleb or a bastard?

Interesting, also if Kubrick got it Stars that turned downed roles for Chris McNiel(MacLaine, Hepburn, Fonda) and Father Merrin(Brando) might have changed their mind. Also less gore since Kubrickis a wuss.

you have the balls to call me a pleb even though you claim that trash is better than the original exorcist just because you're a contrarian little faggot

Father Damian is one of my favourite protagonists of film for sure

>watching director's cut aka "le version never seen before"
plebs. the moment i saw the spiderwalk thumbnail i knew this thread is filled with plebeian trash. director's version took a bigass dump on the masterpiece that is theatrical version, which by the way, i can't find on torrents to save my life.
theatrical version:
>better ending
>much more subtle regarding satanic faces
>no spiderwalk meme

The original is overrated for a variety of reasons, mostly it's claim of being based upon a true story when the film drifts wildly from the source material.

It also was quite the shock to see a young actress fuck a crucifix and repeat the lines "fuck me jesus".

Thus my conclusion it's nothing but a sub-tier shock film.

>ITS A PEDOCRAT POST

>that
>loli

Thanks for the worthless input, fatty.

She's alright.

She has a nice rack too.

if its so hard to get how are we supposed to have seen it faggot

What the fuck.

The exorcist gets by. Whats truly confusing is how much the world and this board has forgotten this movie, it's actually so surprisingly good.

Pfft, like anybody here watches anything with any interest.

it was well made but written fucking awfully

>dracula is just in love he didn't do anything wrong!
>eats babies

It's serviceable and actually has some high notes I thought myself. Basically fitting the campy tone of the movie.

>which by the way, i can't find on torrents to save my life

the Japhson rip on TPB is good