Did Sup Forums like pic related?

did Sup Forums like pic related?

Yes it's my second favorite movie of the year so far. Will more than likely get replaced but I still really enjoyed it.

Yea, inasmuch as one could "like" it, as it's more of a bold creative vision, a kick to the face, than an enjoyable narrative flick. But it's very good.
Reminder, it's not about the bible.

i don't know, i found it hard to see the film as not about the bible seeing as how it pretty much goes through the whole thing and the characters are so obviously biblical allusions. Not to mention Aronofsky said that its a modern retelling of sorts. I get what people are saying about the whole creative process aspect but the biblical aspect is way too obvious to me.

>Not to mention Aronofsky said that its a modern retelling of sorts.
Aronofsky is a fucking moron and the worst hing he did was explain this movie.

Yeah, i think it was Mike Nichols who said "A good film is about something, but also about something else." Obviously, the book of Genesis is the archetypal act of creation, but in a way this intimates that all creation since, the act in and of itself, has a through line to the beginning.

>Reminder, it's not about the bible.
Did you spend nights making up your own ideas only to have them crushed by the writer and director of the fucking movie?

Yes, in fact, i do think about movies and interpret them as I see fit, that's part of being a fan of cinema. Anyway, great contribution to the discussion.

I was just pointing out your arrogance.

Aww, you're doing great. What's arrogant bud?
Some of us see film as art, to be appreciated, interpreted, etc by how we subjectively receive it, what it makes us think and feel. Others, the autistic, the less educated, see movies as a math problem, with one simple solution. Now, an artist may say, "This work was about ____," but a viewer may say, "That's cool, here's what I thought about it_____." Hope this helps.

My peepee got a-hard when they started insulting and punching Jennifer Lawrence hehe

KILL THE PIG

I get that, like the dude up there said "the worst thing he did was explain the movie" because it kinda ruins the fun of analyzing it. You can just point to clear and definitive answers by the guy that wrote the movie.
It's getting dangerously close to kids that run around talking about "headcanon" without a hint of irony.

I liked it a lot. Really good performances, tight camera work and suspense. Also wouldnt predict events that happened(maybe last thing because of scene at beginning).

Thought it was ok, a little boring and expected it to be a lot more horrific.

I wanted to be horrified but I just wasn't. Not trying to be edgy at all, I think it was just when I "got it" the characters stopped being real to me and were more abstract and metaphorical. So I kind of disengaged to a degree subconsciously. I think I would have liked it a lot more if it was more grounded.

The Poet is Angela Merkel right?

Of course the board full of plebs that shill garbage liked it
Jlaw was so bad and it was trash

omg I hate jlaw soo much ;)

I most certainly did.
To be honest, anyone should be able to at least appreciate this movie, because if it does nothing else for you at least it's the closest we have seen to a nightmare put on film.

The film makes its point clear pretty early and when keeps beating you over the head with it, however, i did not mind it at all because it was an audiovisual feast.

I'd say it's an 8/10

>Sup Forums time and time again likes shit actresses
>and hates on good ones
Jlaw is trash and the board is kill

Could have been great if they worked out the symbolism/allegory a little better, built up the characters or had a plot that wasn't just allegory so there was someone or something to care about. Also they should have cast literally anyone other than the actress the director was fucking

>Reminder, it's not about the bible.

The doctor and his wife, and the 2 sons of which one kills the other are most DEFINITELY nods to Adam & Eve and Cain & Abel

Was pretty pointless though

I thought Jlaw was decent in this one.
Sounds to me like you people just hate her because she's a bit retarded and played dumb roles (Aside from Winter's Bone) but credit where credit is due and she was decent in mother!.

I don't care what you think she was shit and gave the EXACT SAME TIRED PERFORMANCE.

Go back to you know where
She deserves no credit and only gets credit from plebs

Nah, she was decent in this.
Stop being so angry.

Yes she was good. Her being muted and and reacting was intentional

No she wasn't she literally acts the exact same in situation and it's laughable whenever she tries to act upset. I'm angry because this entire board is such shit and full of redditors that you mimick them

>Sup Forums is defending jlaws acting now
Peace, the baby scene and her getting beat up was so unbelievably acted. She cant act out a scene.

Look, not my fault that you have autism and can't place facial expressions

>the face of someone having their baby ripped apart
She gave the same tired, unenthusiastic performance she always does. Even in a scene where she's having her clothes torn off and being beaten she barely emotes and her performances never come across as natural.

Dude you have no credibilty throwing around Reddit bullshit, you are white noise.

>I watched clips from a camrip, take me seriously

>Aranofsky
>Jennifer Lawrence
It's a movie made by two people who think they're geniuses but are bafflingly stupid, so no.

Have any of you seen Moebius by Kim Ki-Duk?

MOTY 2017

what the fuck was the stone, why the endles cycle and what was she drinking. Why did the stone give her stomach aches

i believe the problem really was just the script all it had her do was hyperventilate and shout "HEY!" at people

what kind of face would you expect

Just watch Angel's Egg if you want metaphors instead of this shit.

This everyone else is a retard or shill
Boards been reddit forever, neck yourself

Maybe you should leave then, go back home

>all the jew publications giving it 5 stars

no thanks

No. I don't watch femishit trash.

>nobody checks this

>SO CONTROVERSIAL HAHA
wew