BLACK ALERT BLACK ALERT

BLACK ALERT BLACK ALERT

really jesus christ

I MUST SAVE YOU ALL CAN'T YOU FUCKING GET IT YOU FUCKS ARGHHHHHH INNER STRUGGLE LIVE WELLLLLLLL AND PROSPEEERRRRRRRR

>Context is for KANGZ

I watch a lot of shit shows, and while there are some shows I've stopped watching after basically forgetting about them, there have been few shows that I've consciously not wanted to watch as much as the third episode of STD. I feel like I should give it a chance, and I decided to do so, but I just would prefer to sit quietly doing nothing than actually go and watch another episode of this.

Honestly, it's mind-blowing. The third episode is so much more not-trek than you could ever possibly imagine. Truly a remarkable achievement in itself, to witness such immense failure with such glorious production values.

The third episode is more trek than the other 2

Unironically the best first three episodes of any Star Trek series to date.

Don't bother watching it. It continues to be Anti-Trek.

He didn't watch it, like most people criticizing STD.

I don't know how anyone with eyes that has ever watched any trek ever can possibly say that, so I must assume you are mentally challenged. Good day sir.

What do you mean? It was a "something killed all the crew on a ship" episode, that's happened like five or six times before in Star Trek.

>STD
lel

Not him but it's obvious you haven't watched it if you think the first two episodes are "more trek" than the third.

The style of it man, ye gods be you retarded?

It's edgy cut your self trek, it's battlestar trek , it';s eventrek horizontrek, which surely is no coincidence as it now features the shittiest actors out of both BSG and event horizon..

you clown, the first two were not-trek, the third is epically next level non-trek

>Episodes 1 and 2
People talking about nothing then a space fight
>Episode 3
Setup
Mystery
Action
Resolution
Weird Sci fi concept.

Im not saying it was good or that it was trek enough but it was a considerable step in the right direction.

I WAS RAISED BY VULCANS CAN'T YOU TELL??????

this made me roll all over the floor laughing. especially at the inner struggle part. im surprised she didnt say the word systematic in the episode.
damn this bitch has to be the ugliest skinny black girl actor yet.

>the actual name of episode 3
are the writers truly taking the piss at this point?

>She's not like us. She was raised by...well...
>You can just say "Niggers," captain.
>What? No, I was going to say "Vulcans."

Jesus Christ, seriously? Is this why the show airs on CBS All Access? You'd never be allowed to do this on broadcast TV.

SYSTEMATIC!

They shouldn't have let Raimi into the writer's room.

I wonder did people react the same way when DS9 came out. Set on an alien station with weird design and dark colours, staying in the same place and dealing with long unfolding arcs rather than planets-of-the-week. All the grey morality and questionable wartime decisions the show went on to introduce. Was there the same hue and cry of 'it's different, I don't like it' as there is for std?

Girlfriend, I don't care if you were raised by the god Apollo and his giant green hand. You better not take this tone with me!

when ds9 came out. the culture on the internet was not at shit on everything levels yet, in fact when ds9 came out, barely any articles were being written up for the purpose to post on the internet in the first place.

when ds9 came out the only people who cared where sci fi fans and sci fi fans didn't care about blacks since the word diversity wasnt even a thing yet when ds9 came out

He is the matched worst thing about this show. Joint with Michael.

>the culture on the internet was not at shit on everything levels yet
have you ever even read old usenet or random bbs posts? people were always cynical pricks online

but it wasnt everywhere like it is now, which is the point i should have made more clear.

I want to fuck her

I liked it, but I have to agree - this was more Battlestar Galactica than Star Trek. And that's where it's gonna stay. It's Dark Trek.

>the culture on the internet was not at shit on everything levels yet
Simpler times. I can't imagine such a thing. I imagine that, when the internet was still ArpaNet, an experimental project to keep lines of communication in case of a nuclear war, and there were two people on it, sitting alone in missile silos deep underground, they were still just calling each other fags with shit taste nonstop.

Not sure how I feel about the new Klingon design, they're a tad too monstrous and orc-like imo, why not let them keep the hair

2255 was a different time

DS9 still retained the feel of ST. It did something different without compromising what Trek is all about.

SLAAAAY

I hope Lorca fucks her and fills her cooch with fortune cookies.

why does she always have a resting cunt face

because she is ALWAYS ready to go on a rant about racism

Raised by Vulkans. Knife ears are always cunts.

Funny, Roddenberry purists say the same about episodes like In the Pale Moonlight, how it 'betrayed everything star trek stood for'. And now it's regarded as a classic. It's all a matter of degrees, I suppose.

The show is quite redpilled.
In the pilot the USS Europa (its captain is a fucking hwite man) got destroyed by foreigners (a pack of klingons).

Is this Star trek or alien? I'm confused.

>black
>female
>name is "michael"
jesus no wonder orville is winning

Crawling around in jefferies tubes is trek as fuck. TNG had one where they were escaping from a mutated Worf in tubes, watch more trek faggot.

I unironically find her cute even though she keeps the bitch face all the time.

6/10
Would racemix.

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface...

I want to fuck the fat autistic redhead

>The third episode is so much more not-trek than you could ever possibly imagine.

The episode was literally "Go aboard ship where everything went wrong and fight a monster"

That's almost half of all Star Trek episodes ever. What the fuck are you smoking? What part of that was "Less Trek than you can possibly imagine"?

Fuck you, I liked it.

And BLACK ALERT was cool.

No because DS9 wasn't braindead.

The Klingons in the this show are so bad. If they wanted to do the whole racial purity, isolation bullshit, they should have done the Romulan War.

It's called a dick, honey.

How was the new episode?
Was it better or worse than the first two?

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN I INTRODUCE TO YOU AUTISM

seriously though what in the living fuck where they thinking they can literally fix brain cells yet they bring up an autistic character on this show its official this is forced propaganda

In space, all you can see are their eyes and their teeth...

The Romulans have other species in their empire though.

Star Trek has never had dark horror elements befo-

yet another faggy faggot, how brave, how progressive, how groundbreaking.

yet another thing Orville does better

So you've never heard of Barclay before?

Why would the Vulcans adopt her when her own species is friendly only a dozen or so light years away?

Who?

Anyone complaining about forced propaganda is likely a Sup Forumscuck that doesn't even watch trek. Don't even bother responding.

But they are subservient to Romulans.

See

>Autism
>Gayness
>Aliens
>a black woman that does stuff
>some british guy to give the whole thing credibility
What more do you want?

what about that DS9 episode where garak starts murdering crew members on the abandoned cardassian station when they awaken those dudes

Oh shit didn't realize new episode was out

Be right back

>mfw

Data too.

Guys wtf am i seeing is that semen?

Klingons fit the mold much better considering they just rip and tear anything and everything they see.

>seriously though what in the living fuck where they thinking they can literally fix brain cells yet they bring up an autistic character on this show its official this is forced propaganda

Fixing brain cells actually means turning people into functioning autists, since it is an evolutionary benefit.

Also she is only pretending, as her character is Section 31 spy.

Genetic manipulation for anything but serious disabilities is outlawed by the Federation.

Klingons do have servant species though.

>If they wanted to do the whole racial purity, isolation bullshit

What. I thought that the main Klingon wanted Unity - Empire. He used Federation as a pretext to achieve that. You cannot say others "I want big Empire", you say to others "Look, we are weak, Look, at them, they are dangerous".

Fair point. I retract my previous statement.

Still this episode felt more like an alien movie, sci fi action, generic stereo types, spooky abandoned ship with alien monster lurking, like we haven't seen that before.

They said "Remain Klingon" like 50 times and complained about the Federation mixes species.

Is everyone meant to be the Spock or does the acting just suck?

Empok Nor? I remember watching it but it's been a couple of years so can't be sure.
Or remember that TNG with the parasites that take over Fed leadership? It ends with Picard and Riker liquefying some dude and they burst out of his chest. Or the one where the enterprise crew start de-evolving into monstrous David Cronenberg beast-men? Seriously ghoulish stuff.
Anyone complaining about
>dark corridors
>bodyhorror elements
>monsters loose on the ship
making this episode 'not star trek' is confirmed for not knowing anything.

I want to see her bumhole

The asian captain was probably the best actor on the show, and they killed her.

It's so refreshing to come into a thread and find your opinion summed up for you.

What the FUCK kind of bootleg Trek have you been watching? Please enlighten me as how anything on display in the third episode was in any way Trek? I found myself completely unable to believe this was happening in the same universe as anything that's come before it. As though they are purposefully trying to distance this show from everything we know.

If they're going to continue down this path then what was the point in even calling it Star Trek? What are they benefiting from except cashing in on the name? Even that will surely turn out to be a bad choice as I'd be much more inclined to accept and even enjoy this show if it WASN'T Star Trek and just a new show altogether.

I think she is really pretty

>Conflating combat action with horror

see

Michael said "shit", I won't let my kids watch this agin. Cancelled my piratebay account. I don't have any kids.

>Setup
>Mystery
>Action
>Resolution
>Weird Sci fi concept.

Ah yes, that classic formula which is entirely original to Star Trek.

Nobody has mentioned this Lanky camp retard yet? He reminds me of kryten from reddwarf only not funny. This isn't Trek anybody that says it is well they don't know what they're talking about. That Micheal character wtf were they thinking yeah lets have a really contrived implausible character raised by vulcans and given a command post on a star ship out of nowhere twice and lets have her throw out all her Vulcan culture and give her a really sassy black girl attitude when the chips are down Austic redhead I'm going to call you Micky ,Badass Vulcan black woman replies "no you wont" all that was missing was her snappin a Z in the air. This show is garbage the plot wouldnt make the cut on the 7th season of stargate let alone any other trek

People who say this isn't Trek are turbo-plebs who I doubt watched the earlier series at all.

It has all the tropes, and even all the moralizing. Everyone looks like assholes because we're seeing the story through Michael's eyes (because modern story-telling, it's not 1989).

black alert was funny tho

>assimilation bodyhorror sequences with severed limbs and needles drilling into eyeballs
>teams sweeping dark hallways with torches
>'bionic zombies'
>Frakes on record as having directed them as horror scenes, inspired by horror films
No.

All i said was on a scale from very star trek to not star trek at all episode three falls closer to star trek than episode 1 and 2, simple as that. The same way the kelvin movies are more trek than batman begins is.

At first they made Starbuck a woman.
Now they made Starbuck a black woman.

>slippery slope is a myth

This main lead is so boring.

Why must every sci fi show have a know it all faggot scientist nowadays?

Or maybe Voyager shit the bed so hard for diversity that even DS9 seemed reasonable in comparison

I know we had Kilngons
>in the ToS several times
>in the animated series several times
>in the first picture
>in the third picture
>the fourth picture took place entirely with a Kilngon ship
>the sixth picture was 100% Kilngons
>Worf had a couple dozen episodes of TNG
>Worf again on DS9
>Worf again with the Borg in the Cochran picture
>Worf everywhere
>Kilngons again in Kelvin

But I'm really looking forward to all the unanswered questions about the Klingons this new series will finally put to rest.

You know i hate STD but i think you are being a tad bit too autistic about this, star trek has been a 100 different things over the years, some of them bad like this.