/DIS/

/DIS/
Best Trek on the air edition

orville is the only trek on the air

What the fuck was that episode?
>life sentences in prison for clearly non-insane people
>Star Trek prison is standing around being abused by paramilitary guards
>Broccoli’s mother somehow being deployed to super secret superweapon project despite having the mental ability of a 14 year old girl
>Bitchy gayface guy and his “just friends” partner and their wooden dialogue complaining about “lurkers” despite holding sexually tense conversations about mushrooms in public places
>Clearly unqualified recruit and prisoner with no information and no weapons sent on the boarding party rather than two dozen heavily armed marines
>Big dramatic reveal is CGI seaweed
>You got your Alien/Event Horizon in my Star Trek!
>Now we show vicious gore it’s proof that Star Trek is for adults!
>Klingon knows the human gesture for silence, gets killed by Freddy the next second
>Mary Sue outruns and outwits the creature that killed the entire crew plus a dozen Klingons
>Having your character recite lines from Alice in fucking Wonderland during the action sequence
>fucking superhero landing into a shuttle
>For some reason the ship announces to the cafeteria the fact that a shuttle has left
>Mary Sue gives Broccoletta the Alice in Wonderland book to bludgeon the viewers even further
>Captain Trustworthy lets the reckless mutineer know about the superweapon, and it’s… teleporting mushrooms which we know won’t go anywhere because of the timeline
>tfw the big twist ending of the series is that the Captain is a mushroom colony impersonating the real Captain and using Starfleet’s resources to create a godlike mushroom colony being. Calling it right now.

>/DIS/
You mean STD?

You mean that one with the faggot from Family Guy LARPing as William Shatner?
I heard it was for cucks.

Maybe the Warp travel thing made gravity stretch so much they couldn't contain it with the Tech they have so, the crew got fucked up.

/thread

So Starfleet is now The Umbrella corporation?

What?

GOOD point

Fpbp

>show is called STD
>ship has mutant spores onboard

Oh the irony

>Having your character recite lines from Alice in fucking Wonderland during the action sequence
worst part of the episode.

>an ENTIRE EPISODE about gender issues

is this some weird full board trolling? it's a fucking mess, are people just pretending to be retarded?

I'm sure somebody made the comparison before me but, the Spores are everywhere and "hold the galaxy together"

They're Midiclorians.

Warp Midiclorians.

Better by far than the average episode of TNG.

Sup Forums is still in full-blown damage control mode after backing the wrong horse is all. They thought orville was going to be comfy and good and STD was going to be political and shit, but the opposite happened and now, spamming and mental gymnastics.

Daily reminder that there is only one way to fix this show and it's to remove Star Trek from the title

>no new IPs with this post

"Interesting, isn't it? The Federation claims to abhor Section 31's tactics, but when they need the dirty work done, they look the other way. It's a tidy little arrangement, wouldn't you say?"

I would never call STD comfy.

This spore shit is just such bullshit I won't even hear of it.

Fuck STD. Nice visuals though. That's it, that's what people who like it are into, trek with fancy graphics. But underneath the shiny, it's turd.

Plebtrek.

Why did the latest episode reference rape gangs without bringing on Denise Crosby as a cameo?

Nice job, got me to reply

I agree.
I still like it more than Orville. At least it has some style. It really redeemed itself after the awful camerawork in the first episode. This last one looked great. Neither is very well written thuogh, by any measure.

>those things falling out

Lorca had similar looking things in his lab.

Orville fags post in the STD thread; STDfags post in the Orville thread.
Really activates the almonds.

Well, yeah, but they didn't go overboard on it Game of Thrones-style, it was more like a PG13 version of Scanners.
Also one of the worst TNG episodes

Someone in the last thread said the spores were a reference from TOS, what episode was that?

>sticc arms but thicc chest
What gives? Anyway, they put her in dumpy jumpsuits this episode.

>This stale pasta posted on every thread
>still gets replies

Why is Isaacs playing his character with an American accent (dunno what kind exactly)? He fucking mumbles every line and I swear it wouldn't be nearly as bad if he used his natural accent.

Agreed, I'm a fan of neither, but I think I dislike STD more.

Whilst this third episode looked better, I would still say it was hot rubbish. The characters are unlikable, the plot was passable, but poorly executed. I just find there isn't one good character so far on this show, and they seem to also be focussing on the worst of a bad bunch. The only thing they could do worse is focus on that childish science officer.

Nothing was comfy in this episode except perhaps the introduction of the red haired girl and the captain, which were 1/2-3/4 comfy.

How the hell are the holographic communications working in real time in this show? Wouldn't there need to be at least some delay between each message, or are we to assume the messages are being sent on a spore-to-spore basis?

Reminder this is best girl and she is cuter than Michael, other ginger, and the daft punk robot

subspace technomagic

This desu. Though the other redhead's double chins are cute too.

Quantum entanglement?

Old Trek would make different pieces of technology feel like they had limits though...

BUG-EYED
U
G
-
E
Y
E
D

Captain Isaacs is clearly a madman, "rules are for bitches, context for kings" or whatever, crazy warning statement right there.

Michael Burnface will have to mutineer again to defeat him, but this time she be RIGHT

Fuck you writers, if I wasn't so lazy I would find you and kill you all.

i can't believe they got an actual alien as a cast member

>Captain Isaacs is clearly a madman
He's clearly a mushroom man.

delete this

Keyla is cute, CUTE

huh, skrillex is on the show?

Why are you so threatened by The Orville, CBS? Those episode 3 numbers not look so good?

Captain Garbiel "Horn the Gorn" Lorca needs more screentime.

>tfw the kind of girl who would wear this IRL doesn't look good with it

'Hi, I'm cadet Sylvia Titties'.

DOUBLE CHIN

So this character is basically Barclay but with tits, right?

MOLE

It's his mother.
And she's not shy.

I immediately thought of Barclay too.

>/DIS/
It's STD

no, if anything she's more like a better Neelix

daily reminder that Neelix did nothing wrong

TNG got the same treatment from Trek fans as DIS is getting. The documentary, Chaos on the Bridge goes into detail the type of hate that TNG received. Even before the internet too, there was a ton of hatred.

You idiot!
You can't improve on perfect.

she's pretty gorgeous with her hair down

There is no valid system for stream ratings yet.
I haven't seen the subscription numbers, though.

I wonder how quick the turnaround in opinion was.

Am I the only one who thinks moles are cute?

it's not like it was completely unjustified tho, first season is pretty bad in numerous aspects

The first season was literally just recycled scripts from Star Trek Phase 2 and even TOS to try appeal to TOS fans. Besides people hated it before it aired and were never going to be convinced, now we have the internet these idiots have a voice - I mean you have people who passionately hate this show that they create accounts on IMDB/metacritic/RT etc just to downvote.

Eugene Wesley Roddenberry just wanted a self insert and also probably diddled Wil

Neelix is a fucking chad who was pounding psychic pussy and making fat stacks dealing space junk. His cocksure swagger and natural alpha charisma slowly drove Tuvok nuts with envy.

I liked how Micheal in first episode admired the Klingon sculptures and art, due to fact that she was blissfully unaware that it was Klingon-made.
It was pretty subtle.

I'm sorry you never got that fifth season, shran. You would have been a good friend

>life sentences in prison for clearly non-insane people
>Star Trek prison is standing around being abused by paramilitary guards

What did you think, that Federation is some kind of democracy ?
HA!

>>Mary Sue outruns and outwits the creature that killed the entire crew plus a dozen Klingons
It only killed the Klingon boarding part.
The crew were killed by travelling through fluidic space.

>orville is the only trek on the air
Please stop forcing the cringefest that is orville

>watch a single youtube video about the designs in Discovery
>all my recommended videos are now cringy talking heads with names like LogicDeadpool69 talking about Discovery being white genocide
ffs

preview of next episode

>Captain Isaacs is clearly a madman
Isn't Captain Isacc also the name of the captain from Moby Dick ?

yeah except TNG wasn't cancelled before it aired

Captain Ahab.

You're thinking of Isaac Schrader, Captain Motherfucker

What? DIS hasn't been cancelled.

i think you're on to something.

>the ship narrowly avoids getting rekt by species 8472

calling it

Discovery is ok.
I hope we will get more of "mad science lab" vibe on the series, and more of Lorca.

Nice and lovecraftian

>/DIS/ is dead because all of their shills are over in the /orville/ general, stamping out the dissenters

>Barclay with tits

Holy shit that's why I had the feeling this character looked so familiar I'm okay with this desu

It only took about 2 seasons.

Best of Both Worlds part 1 is generally agreed upon as the major turning point in terms of public opinion, though season 3 is great in general.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF CBS

Early TNG was shit while TOS was good from the start. The hate was deserved.

Guess I come back to DIS is a seasson or two if it stays.

I like you user.

Protomolecules boiii

god i love being human

buuump. keep this thread up while we kick the orville's racist ass

>TOS was good from the start
eh, if you went with the airing date then the salt vampire and Charlie X both felt a bit off t.b.h.
And then came Where No Man Has Gone Before which was good, but there was still some
>wait a second, it's almost the same premise as in the previous one
a the back of your head
but then it gets going

So hot. Way better than that Alanna bitch on The Orville

This. Great writing. I loved it. DIS is REALLY good.

yeah that new episode was cringe af

its like its trying to be relevant socially, but failing to be a competent sci fi show, so it relies on the gimmick of being edgy/ war time/ special circumstance

>its like its trying to be relevant socially
What are you even referring to?

Every Alanna is cursed to permanent obesity after pregnancy. Hope that shitty actress from The Orville gets knocked up.