"Sith eyes? Visually cool planets? New Lightsaber colors? Politics?"

>"Sith eyes? Visually cool planets? New Lightsaber colors? Politics?"

>"Nah they're prequel things."

I fucking hate this hack

tfw old republic era is no longer cannon

The force awakens is the most bland shit ever made. And that's saying something after the prequels

It's arguably more cannon than ever considering there was a hammerhead corvette in Rogue One and the official post TFA galaxy map has Rakatta Prime on it.

Fuck this jew.

>haha dude remember when they were plucky rebels fighting against an evil empire
>what's that, the rebels won in Return of the Jedi and established the Republic again?
>hmm that won't do, too much like the prequels
>ah I know what to do!

I really hate that man.

Cool alien designs? Nah that's not what Star Wars is all about.

Why is the rebel alliance or whatever, the most dominant force in the galaxy still called the rebels when the new order was technically the rebelious faction in the movie.

So basically why is jj abrams such a hack

Its like they mimic their bugman manbaby fanbase

Whatever criticisms of the prequels you have, blandness is not one of them.

hollywood liberals made the movie, liberals can't ever be the winners, there can be no finality to the struggle
it is a perpetual struggle where you are always the underdog and the rebels

I see much like how the more extreme factions of the left terrorize businesses and people for people giving speeches even though they see themselves as suppressed and the underdog

Can't say he's wrong on the new lightsaber colors and politics part.

Visually cool planets.. Jakku is litteraly tatooine.

Sith eyes... fair enough. But do we really know enough by now? Is Snoke a sith? Is he something else?

>pic
I do, user

good lad

>bugman

why are they so violent to everyone,

dude imagine everything you know from OT and prequels BUT now its

BIGGER

BETTER

STRONGER

MORE DIVERSE

Dude like! The Empire but not totally Empire you get me right like... ORDER... NEW ORDER. And the soldiers are really EVIL. And like remember that shit that blows up planet? NOW it blows up entire solar systems. Dude like. Remember Sidious? Now imagine even MORE EVIL

Kids are totally gonna buy the toys man, like
BIGGER

AND

EVIL

>jewish larper gets btfo by nigger

You know they fucked up when they make fucking alien designs samey and boring

what PS3 game is this

>New Lightsaber colors? Politics?
Fuck those.

It really is astonishing just how effectively Disney has destroyed any enthusiasm/love I once had for Star Wars. I have zero desire to see either TLJ or Han Solo in theaters and that would be almost incomprehensible to me 4 years ago.

Wast there aline that literally went something like

"Its like the death star but BIGGER"

t.bugman

They are legit boring

There's nothing arguable about it whatsoever. The appearances you just mentioned? That's it. That is literally all that is canon about those two things. "The rebels made use of hammerhead corvettes." "Rakatta Prime was a planet in the galaxy." Go to the wook, I'll bet money that's basically all there is on their 'canon' pages.

That's fucking it. You know what's not canon?

KOTOR, KOTOR II, TOR, the OR comics or literally ANYTHING ELSE dealing with the Old Republic era.

"arguably more cannon than ever" my ass. You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. Go to the wook and look at Revan's page. Right there at the top -- "LEGENDS"

*checks the wook*

Oh, shit, there's actually a canon page for Revan now? What new source mentioned him?

*clicks*

*INHALES*

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jedi/Mando war was canonized in rebels also.
Not him, but uhh, I see you're passionate.
Me too.

Says who?
Disney?
Fuck off.

>*INHALES*

What do the people who type this mean by it? Are they trying to tell everyone else they're morbidly obese or something?

no its when im pounding yo mama i need to breathe a lot

I once had to crush a little boy's heart because he was certain that Revan was canon due to new DLC for TOR being released after the buyout.

I sat him down, explained the difference between Legends and Canon, and then showed him Revan's page.

AND THEN I FUCKING LAUGHED IN HIS STUPID LITTLE FACE AHAHAHAH

Yes, Disney. They decide what is and is not canon; you sure as hell don't lmao

Kek you're hardcore man!

Disney didn't create Star Wars.
Kill yourself.

Yeah he cried like a little bitch too kek

Probably went home and played with his little toys like a fag

It was never canon, thank the gods

>Disney didn't create Star Wars.
Too bad, they own it now! Your pathetic fanboy tears are delicious!

>MUH OT
>MUH PREQUELS
>MUH LUCAS
I can only imagine how many times you've jerked off thinking about Mara Jade

Too bad, fuckboy, Rey's the new girl in town, get used to seeing her stupid face for seven more years

Tbqbh, if one of the big selling points for you is more lightsaber colors, you're equally retarded as anyone who enjoys JJ's trash

Would it kill them to make at least one qt alien? the prequels had dozens of cute aliens.

Which PS2 Star Wars game's cutscene is this?

The prequels were great.

>tfw Revan the Mary Sue is not canon
Based Disney.

>Mara Jade
Who?
Which movie was that?

>W-what?!
>I d-don't know who that is!
>N-not from a movie, haha!
You're not fooling me, virgin.

>"the wook"
Go to the noose

Oh, let's play hangman

L _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ K E

>wanting JJ Abrams to put his politics into the movie
be careful what you wish for, Sup Forums

Luke fucks Snoke

Damn, I was going for LUUUUUUUUUUKE but "Luke Fuck Snoke" actually fits

Well done

You named the character, not me, nerd.

TCW had some God-tier waifus

It's really not. Most of the aliens looked retarded. There's a reason why they were all glorified background set pieces minus Chewbacca.

>waifu
??? What's that?

I know. This was, for me, the stupidest moment in the entire movie, which was an overall bland and boring ride. And at times annoying.

Two things I liked: the opening sequence, it felt like there was promise, and when Luke appeared at the end.

That was it.

>real world politics
Just explain what the fuck is going on in the galaxy. Jesus, the setting felt so fucking small in TFA. Out of nowhere, there's this new group called the FO. How did they get so powerful? How much does the New Republic know about them? Who cares! Speaking of the New Republic, what are they up to? Are they making the galaxy a better place, making the rebel victory worth it? Haha, screw that, they get nuked the first time we see them. Say goodbye to them, and meet "the Resistance!" Why are they called the Resistance when the rebels won the Galactic Civil War? Hell if I know!

she has a dick

>Politics?

Making the New trilogy about rebels and an evil, all powerful empire again was so stupid. It ruins the ending of ROTJ.

It sounds cliched, but at least the other star wars aliens felt like they had some heart and creativity behind them

This
They didn't even need to full prequel-tier, just have one scene where they explain the situation, like the Death Star conference scene in the original

I thought the Rakatta thing was that Pablo guy retconning Starkiller Base into an ancient construct the First Order found in a desperate attempt to get it to make sense.

>tfw Rey the Mary Sue is

LOL READ THE BOOKS YOU FUCKING IDIOT BUY THE GAMES READ THE COMICS BUY THE TOYS AND READ THE BLURBS ON THE BACK OF THE TOY BOXES TO GET THE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE SETTING

>READ THE BLURBS ON THE BACK OF THE TOY BOXES TO GET THE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE SETTING

I know how you feel

Honestly, TFA got this right things right, and most of the critique is surface level. The tone, likable characters, the humor, the force as a mystical thing everybody can share, the archetypal good vs evil, the aesthetics of the robots and aliens with all the puppets and costumes and stuff, without even eschewing the actual value of cgi which still has its place, the simplicity of the lightsaber battle, pretty spot on. The call backs and homage aspect of it was maybe a little overdone, but to me that's more superficial.

I will say that I think Rey being so amazing at everything right away was overdone, even though it's pretty obvious she had some training with the force as part of her mysterious backstory, despite her apparent amnesia. And regardless of people always saying it was ONLY a rehash, there was new stuff too. A defecting stormtrooper, a young and conflicted villain, the lightsaber battle in the snowy forest looked amazing, the bridge was ominous as fuck. I thought it was really thoroughly cared for, and it shows. Prequels were and still are garbage for the most part. Shitty cgi, shitty characters, shitty dialogue, shitty acting, demystifying the force, hackneyed lightsaber acrobats. I like Revenge of the Sith though, and there were some nice visual ideas, mainly the water and lava planets.

It's kind of hilarious how reliable backlash is. The minority dissenting opinion will rail against something popular for years just because they think opinions of dissent are a demarcation of intelligence.

I know this is ironic, but I've had way too many motherfuckers try to give this as an excuse. As if millions of moviegoers should be expected to have already read those horribly written aftermath books

The tone of the originals was not bureaucratic, and the politics of the prequels was largely a failure, although I did like it when Palpatine finally came to power through the vote of the senate. But I disagree, I think keeping the politics in the background and focussing on characters and tone worked better, although maybe an expositional scene where they detailed a bit of the political landscape would've been fine. But I don't really think they had much of that in the originals whatsoever, and it worked fine.

I hate this kike's face
He looks like someone who'd try to jew you out of your money

I don't think they needed prequel levels of it, but something like the conference room scene was sorely needed. That scene clearly laid out all that the audience needed to know about what the Empire was trying to accomplish, it's position in the galaxy, the role of the death star, and the galaxy's view of it

Episode 6
>rebels defeat the empire
>luke becomes a jedi
>han and leia get together
Episode 7
>rebels are somehow still a small group struggling to fight the empire
>luke ran away from becoming a jedi, rejecting all his development after doing the same thing in 5
>han and leia fell apart long ago, and it's completely forgotten that leia was force sensitive
And yet people say the prequels are the movies that retroactively destroyed their childhood.

The only positive thing to JJ getting the reigns back is I know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that I do not need to see IX for any reason. It will have nothing redeeming so I can totally skip it.

He saved me 2 hours, thnx JJ!

that weird feeling knowing how shittier the saga will be become in every new episode

>Prequel politics
As soon as someone tells me how a (matrilineal) Queen of a planet becomes an (elected) Senator of a multi-planetary galactic government, I will be ready to talk prequel politics.

The old republic is literally thousands of years before this period

Everything in KTOR and the MMO and Books can be cannon.

Thats like watching a movie about today and wondering if Sumeria is still canon in our history.

Sure its just not very relevant for a fucking movie about 2017

The Naboo monarchy is elective

How much is Disney paying you?

How long was she Queen? And what kind of political career did she have before she took the throne?

>I don't really think they had much of that in the originals whatsoever
ANH, ESB, and ROTJ each had close to a half hour dedicated to expositing how the Empire maintains itself and keeps getting away with amassing an unreasonably large infrastructure through immoral tactics. Establishing the political circumstances has always been a core part of Star Wars. TFA and Rogue One gave little to no background info on the supposed conflict of the galaxy, making their stories boring and convoluted.

She was elected for 2 terms, The Naboo government wanted to amend their constitution to let her stay in office longer, she refused, then ran for senate when they insisted she remain in the public sector. This is relayed in dialogue in Attack of the Clones.

And what was her tax policy?

Thanks user, that is mildly interesting. I still don't see how she got elected to the monarchy as a naive waif. Senator should have been her prep run for the monarchy.

Also nobody at all other than myself has noticed this, but that scene forshadows how Palpatine gets into power as well as positions Padme as the Anti-Palpatine.

>when you want to have a normal meeting and the autismo has to autism it every time

Yeah, it's almost like he knew she was feckless and distracted by her emo boyfriend and his "issues".

Didnt she say she was in the legislative youth program or something like that in aotc?

I was so confused in TFA. I saw Phantom at the age of 11 and didn't have a problem understanding anything.

In TFA at the age of like 28 I was completely lost. I had no idea who was what or what was going on. Why was it still rebels vs empire mainly, it's never explained.

That's like electing a guy who did ROTC to the presidency.

The only reason kids become rulers is because they are predestined to rule. No adult is going to elect a teenager to rule them.

She was on the fast track to being queen from a young age. Im pretty sure it was part of naboo culture to always elect young rulers, even though she was the youngest ever.

>Im pretty sure it was part of naboo culture to always elect young rulers
Explains why they got cucked so easily

Georgie was thinking in 10 dimensions, I have more respect for the story now.

George even had her look back and question her level of maturity during the events of tpm

In the prequels what was frustrating was that George pulled explanations out of his ass to move the plot along. They make sense in the moment when you hear them, but in the context of the movie they don't really make sense. The plot's not complicated really, it just doesn't fit together, like some sort of screenplay mad lib.

The TFA people took the exact wrong lesson from this and decided to have barely any explanations at all. Shit just happens, either due to a coincidence or a weird handwave reason. That way they don't even have to worry about them fitting together because the context doesn't even matter.

The proper way to do this was what they did in ANH, each plot point seems natural in the moment but is also well thought out, each one fitting in the overall series of events which combine to make a satisfying whole.

You hit the nail on the head

>spergmasters arguing about what is and isn't canon
Who gives a fuck, seriously. If they ever make it into a movie, then BAM canon. If not, is your enjoyment of non-canon things made less so because they didn't reference it in one of the new, garbage tier movies?

>BAM
Go back faggot

where, you insufferable turbonigger?

Even better.