American late night shows under the microscope:

American late night shows under the microscope:

youtube.com/watch?v=mM7L7DNUTcw

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much do you think all of their suits cost combined?

>All men

THIS IS NOT OK AMERICA

I'd say 6,000$ each so a total of 60,000.

What a bunch of faggots. I miss Craig Ferguson.

>colbert a drunk
>corden a juice
>kimmel a water
>Fallon no drink
>Maher a double cuba libre

Conan's still there, but he was robbed of the Tonight Show. Kimmel is fine. Everyone else is just straight up media cancer. I can't believe things really got so bad.

so this is just some Sup Forums loser sharing his unintelligent, ill-informed views on people he doesn't like because they promote a different political stance to his right?

>corden juicebox
>we want the nintendo demographic

>fallon no drink
>guys seriously I'm not a raging alcoholic

go back you cuck

Well at least you could provide a debunk of the same intellectual level.

conan is an OG and actually does a late night show, not just "here are my opinions and a band"

the only good thing about this picture is that fallon wasnt aloud to have a drink

Too bad that Vegas shooter didn't mow down their live crowds.

That's unlikely : he was a liberal who specifically targetted country music fans for their higher probability of being conservatives.

>seth
>it's piss

The only funny people up there are Conan and Kimmel

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Why do these smug fucking mongs keep making these autistic "OOOOH SO DEEP ANALYTICAL SOCIAL COMMENTARY" videos with their shitty 101 video editing techniques

it's some opinionated youtube idiot (probably (You)) trying to make a name for himself by appealing to the prejudices of the dumb herd here so why would i waste my time

Archie lang if singles
Jim norton if doubles

But if trips Hilary Clinton dies.

oh shit wrong thread.

this

what an intelligent comment, Is it boring at reddit at the mo or did you just have some free time?

Why can't americans think for themselves? Do they literally have to be told what to think and have their opinions fed to them by these "comedians" or pleb media outlets like CNN or Fox News? It's so strange how literally every single one of these late nite people have the same political viewpoints. What distinguishes them between each other when they all tell the same unfunny jokes?

PICKLE RICK

>waaaah, i can only see in black and white

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/

Jimmy Fallon is a fuckface, I want to punch him
Jimmy kimmel is a fuckface, I want to punch him
Trevor Noah is a fuckface, I want to punch him
Steven Colbert is a fuckface, I want to punch him.
Bill maher is a fuckface, I want to punch him.
Conan O'Brian is a pretty funny guy though. I still want to punch him though.

britbong here why are there so many you only need like two max

In France we only have 1 late night show. It's broadcasted weekly on the main public channel and hosted by a liberal faggot .

Are you kidding britcuck has presenters for every trivial thing on tv

craig was the only decent one

Dubs confirm Craig Kilborn is grossly underrated.

I wish Norm Macdonald got Ferguson's spot.

MANUFACTURED ILLUSION
TRIBAL FEAR

>sitting down with your top button still buttoned

Trips confirm.
I loved when Craigers did the Daily Show, but when he went to late night talk it just never clicked the same way. Even 5 questions felt off.

BIG GUYS
RUNNING THE WORLD

You're only supposed to undo the bottom button.

hmm I actually feel like watching some late night episodes
which are the best ones from Ferguson do you guys think?

It's funny, because the oh so deep video is talking exactly about oh so deep modern late shows.

Good article desu

I enjoyed this, thanks OP.

I think this point that strident out-group caricature and vindictive ridicule desguised as late night "comedy," designed to make people less analytical about other viewpoints and more viscerally divisive, is an important cultural issue that needs to be addressed. It is so incredibly toxic, especially since it permeates both entertainment and politics. It isn't doing society any good and isn't making anyone happier.

The dinosaur media just can't bow out with grace. No, they have to lay their growing irrelevancy squarely on Glumpf's shoulders.

Their hatred for that man is almost pure pathology. Their egos just couldn't handle it.

t. OP

Those are some hot opinions you've got there yourself, user.

They seem like political mouthpieces that pretend it's not political because it's comedy.

>The dinosaur media just can't bow out with grace.

I completely agree with this. People in this industry are literal manchildren with massive ego problems. You lost, get over it. Them obsessing over Trump this much only proves him right, he must be good for the ratings.

>being this new
You realize if you reply to your own OP it still says (OP)
OP or not you're a faggot. A massive one.

But that's wrong.

I'm a faggot because you got called out? No, user, it is you who are the faggot.

By the way, I don't usually samefag my own threads like you must do to get anyone to pay attention to them, so that's probably why you're so aware of that little tidbit.

Why the fuck is their 10 of them? If there are 10 why are they all lefty?

That's part of what the video touches on.

How naive. He complains about group think when all he can do is parrot what the alt right says on the internet.

Jews only hire liberals

Who is he parroting? That seemed like his own original commentary to me.

t. mad OP
>thinking you called me out
Nah, you're just another Sup Forumsfag spilling out of containment like on every other board.

I'm not the one who typed a lengthy circle jerky pseudo intellectual post. How's your own dick taste? Salty?

You can't contain Sup Forums because Sup Forums is in all our hearts

I loved Colbert on the report. What happened?

The only thing salty here is you, friend. Bringing up Sup Forums too? Come on now, I'm sure you have better things to endlessly obsess over.

>lengthy circle jerky pseudo intellectual post.
It wasn't lengthy at all. And it was far more substantive than anything you've yet to contribute to the thread.

Why so angry, user? Are you one of these alcoholic, egotistical hacks that I mildly insulted?

>NO YOU
Again, massive faggot.

>Jimmy Fallon not drinking a Whisky like the other guys to hide his raging alcoholism

>can't actually respond to anything I said

And you are a little angry simpleton. Sorry if that sounds a too pseud for you. I'll tone down my fagginess and writing level (third-grade, ok?) so that you find it more acceptable next time.

watch the video and actually listen you dumb bastard

But I did. There was nothing else to respond to. At this point you can't help it, so you've resorted to condescension. It's alright man. Your pseud faggotry bothers you. Especially when called out on it. I didn't mean to make baby cwy wif wage. I'm sorry okay? Sig heil and all that. We cool now?

nope!

>But I did. There was nothing else to respond to. At this point you can't help it, so you've resorted to condescension.

You replied with a two-word meme response than called me a faggot yet again. So I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment here.

My condescension was in response to you attacking me for no reason. Then I decided to play the part of the pseud you think I am because of a fairly mundane post I made.

Man, never go to college. I'm just warning you now if you think that was pseud.

>It's alright man. Your pseud faggotry bothers you.
Not really.

>Especially when called out on it. I didn't mean to make baby cwy wif wage.

Calm down, dude, I'm just joking around.

>I'm sorry okay? Sig heil and all that. We cool now?

You sure have a hateboner for Sup Forums. Anybody who criticizes the media is Sup Forums now? Wow.

Not him, but wow are you a salty fag.

Not really. I'm just curious why he got so upset over my post.

>Breaks my post down for a line by line reddit spaced analysis.
>No I'm not mad! You are!
>I'm just kidding around!
Hint: It's 'cause you're a faggot buddy. And that's okay. Here anyway.
Right?

Why would me breaking your post down line-by-line imply I'm mad? I wanted to address everything you said. You seem genuinely upset, and I want to discover why.

I was joking around about some of my insults, not the other stuff I was saying.

>Hint: It's 'cause you're a faggot buddy. And that's okay. Here anyway.

You seem more fixated on faggotry than me, user.

>NO YOU'RE THE ONE FIXATED ON IT.
I'm simply pointing out a fact that you seem bothered by. And then you think chasing down an explanation as to why I pointed it out will some how exonerate you from that appraisal. It's already written out. But again, you can't help it.

Dude, you're a fag. Don't be mad.

You're the one who keeps bringing it up. So, yeah, it seems you are more fixated in it.

Your entire post here doesn't make much sense, desu. Was this your attempt at being "intellectual"?

Conan is kino
The others are trash

Trumppppppppppppp!

Every one of them but Conan could be shot through the head and I wouldnt give a fuck.

>Let me stop chasing my tail. I'll just stand firm.
>I know! I'll go for his intelligence this time!

I told you it's alright. But then again a massive faggot would go on. Commendable, I guess.

I used to like late night shows when I was younger, but then I grew up and realized the guests were only there to promote something and the host would tee up questions/topics to lead into their jokes or stories.

Ok but John Oliver is actually informative and talks about things noone else will

No, trust me, being "intellectual" has nothing to do with intelligence.

So who are you, really? I can tell you're somebody who knows me.

Your posts aren't going to annoy me right now. I only get annoyed by posts on here if I'm in the mood to be. I'm usually not though.

Conan is a demasculated cuck nowadays and whoever says otherwise is wrong.

>but then I grew up and realized the guests were only there to promote something and the host would tee up questions/topics to lead into their jokes or stories.

I realized that when I was 9 dude you're an invalid.

>Fallon gets nothing because he's an alcoholic
>Corden gets a juice box because he's le quirky alcoholic

kek

explain yourself

The whole Tonight Show fiasco ruined him. He was successful and comfortable until Leno uprooted him and brought him across the country only to yank the job from under him. Now he's at TBS, a third rate cable network. After that he's just been sad and out of place. He seems better now but he's definitely a changed man.

Nothing will ever beat old Conan.

Yeah, i agree he's worse now, but i still think he's much better than other late shows (which isn't really a compliment, but still). It didn't help him that his best writers left.
Still, his remotes and Conan Without Borders shows are really good.

I understood your post perfectly fine, by the way :^)

Just a small mindfuck for now.

>Maher's is mixed with coke