What is it about this particular brand of films that attract such high levels of autism?

What is it about this particular brand of films that attract such high levels of autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

pajiba.com/marvel_movies/a-guide-to-all-the-best-jokes-in-captain-america-civil-war.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing. Capeshit (especially DC capeshit) is normie-tier, not autist-bait.

You never see people who liked a bad movie like IM3 or XM:O go and attack critics.

bump

blatant homoeroticism in the movies attracts homosexuals who are mentally ill by default

Sounds about right

it's a shared experience like sports that requires none of your critical faculties but has a huge amount of lore depth (like a players stats, a franchises legacy, etc) so that autists can dive as deep as they like

it's just plain old addictive for most people

All action blockbusters have shitty fans. Not like people who like Fast & Furious, Transformers or Pirates of the Caribbean are any better then people who like capeshit.

But none of them go to the extent of attacking critics for a movie thats obviously garbage.

Normies run entirely on a tribalistic mindset. If they can't boil it down to "my team" vs. "bad team" they can't wrap their heads around it, and they don't really care. Everything about capeshit is designed to appeal to normies on this level. The movies themselves focus on clearly defined conflicts between good and evil, they require no interpretation or analysis.

But even MORE appealing is the fact that there are two distinct "teams" making capeshit. There's the dark and edgy team (DC) and the light and fun team (Marvel) so every normie gets to pick the one that suits them better, and root for them to "win."

They don't have to judge anything by subjective standards - they can easily look up & quote box office numbers and RottenTomatoes scores to see how their team's doing. They don't even have to really care about the movies themselves, it's more about being thrilled at another opportunity to see their team "win" again, and pat themselves on the back for picking the right one.

breh, normal people don't attack critics.

People were sending Armond White death threats for giving Toy Story 3 a bad review.

>especially DC capeshit
>is normie-tier
You've got that backwards my friend.
pajiba.com/marvel_movies/a-guide-to-all-the-best-jokes-in-captain-america-civil-war.php

They absolutely would. The critic made a "bad call" and damaged their team's score. Haven't you ever seen a drunk dude at a game blowing his top at the referee for calling a foul on their team, or cursing out the coach for failing to win? Same idea

hurt my team = bad, deserving of punishment
help my team = good, very smart critic

>dat sociology

you should really just admit to yourself you're autistic and you have no understanding of human behavior.

Which part is wrong?

>you have no understanding of human behavior
>hurt my team = bad, deserving of punishment

kek

Massive canon.

If you mean superhero films in general: because the actual fanbase is a bunch of socially awkward nerds that now feel like they've become popular due to their subculture becoming mainstream. It's a medium where "mature" is measured in relation to fucking rainbow fluff. A man dressed as a bat runs around and punches similarly-ridiculous villains - holy shit, now he is an old man and he throws a ninja star in the villain's eye; fucking MATURE.

If you mean the DCEU: because they actually aspired to be more than big, silly blockbusters but fucking failed. However, since they sprinkled enough religious imagery, metaphors, and parallels then fans are picking these up and using them to provide a case for why the films are misunderstood. They believe the majority have missed all these deep things which makes them much smarter than everybody else for pointing them out. It's picking up breadcrumbs, piling them up and calling it a loaf.

That's a rather raunchy opinion there

Do you live under a rock or something?

I didn't know bayfags thought the movie was some kind of high art. my bad.
I should rephrase that. It was too bland.

contrarianism

What do you mean by "attack critics?" I don't think a "normal person" would put a bomb in a critic's car for writing a bad review. But if you're just talking about insulting them online or writing an angry letter/email/tweet, I disagree.

What is a "normal person" anyway? average, everyday people can shock you with their pettiness, cruelty and spite.

I think he means attacking Rotten tomatoes and the youtube reviews.

I don't understand WTF Op is talking about either. Getting mad at critics for not liking something you like isn't strictly limited to Superhero movies.

DC panders to highly religious plebs more than most properties

Yeah, but attacking them in what way? If you mean typing mean things about them on the Internet, I'm saying normal people would do that & do it all the time

>that pic
Then why did Superman get tossed around like a loser in BvS

DC Comics is already a pretty 2DEEP4U comic publisher. They constantly try to portray their characters and comics as modern myths in the making and push esoteric ideas like magik, egregora and so on to try and make their stories more complex than they already are.

So the movies pretty much follow that level of pretentiousness.

Here's a page from a DC book.

Jesus got beaten, humiliated and nailed to a cross. What are you talking about?

For a whole movie? Damn

Yes

You conveniently zoned out fans of a certain film, using your own definition, who criticise the reviewers just to make your point about DC fans valid. Fuck off

DChad films? It's intellectually stimulating and requires high IQ to understand. In short it's pleb filter.

He understands it a damn sight better than you do.

The only place he's mixed up is what he's defining as the "teams."

are you retarded?

Jesus isn't real though so no one cares.

but even if you view him as a fictional character, the comparison to Snyder Superman still holds true, and that was the only point of the post

HERE'S A QUESTION TO ALL THE SMART PEOPLE:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SYMBOLISM IN MOS AND BVS DRAWING PARALLELS TO MYTHS AND RELIGION?

>The only place he's mixed up is what he's defining as the "teams."
elaborate

It depends on the context a bit. Sometimes it's there tonindicate when the characters within the film are viewing someone as saintly or godly or mythic. In other cases, it's a visual metaphor for what it is to be Superman. In still more cases, like Bruce for example, it may very well be an indication of him getting "in tune" with the sort of godly echo he emulates - a god of death/underworld/chtonic deity.

What are you talking about fans and critics disagree all the time in sports

So Batman can beat them up because he's stronger than any god.

Fanboys and casuals versus fans who actually grasp and appreciate what they're getting. Yeah, I know - "No real Scotsman" and all that, but that's really the case. I'd wager that these films have actually created some new fans ir at the very leadt sparked some people's curiosity.

In a very real way, Disney's 14-film(and counting) universe comes off like monthly comics on the big screen, if even a little superficial, while DC's films are more like prestige format Elseworlds story.

Because he wanted to send the message to the audience that Batman would beat up Jesus.

>Jesus isn't real
What nigger?

Alright then. Why does an incompetent movie like BvS have so many people defending it at such a bigger level than your average shitty blockbuster? Is it the religious imagery or the lack of connections that make fans of these films have to insert their own head canon.

Because the movie isn't incompetent.

t.PatheticMarvelFag

because IM3 got free pass even though its worse than every film ever made in the history of cinema

>implying normie and autism are mutually exclusive of each other

ever been to comic-con, the biggest gathering of the normie nerd culture? well the majority who attend are also autistic enough to line up 2 days for a fucking chance to see their favorite actors for 10 minutes. That's hundreds of thousands of normies autistic enough to go to these conventions and it's not even counting the millions who try to go but cant because the fucking tickets sell out in 2 hours

its wish fulfilment. humans have told tall tales about gods and heros for millenia. this is just the modern, scientific take on these myths. harmless, human fun.

This. And I've never seen such hypocrisy from critics. It's like they blasted BvS for every single thing they've ignored in MCU films for nearly a decade, even when it's had far more obvious and egregious flaws. And all for the unforgivable sin of not being "fun" enough.

How about "mother!", does it catch the same criticism? Fuck no. It's allowed to be a "dark allegory" just because they are eager for it to be the latest artsy offering from a snob-sanctioned "artiste."