Moviepass and AMC Stubbs Premiere holder coming through...

Moviepass and AMC Stubbs Premiere holder coming through. Can't wait to go the movies again today and rack up more rewards points for free concessions. What beats free tickets and free snacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/can-moviepass-save-movieging?mbid=social_twitter
moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001123871-How-do-I-use-MoviePass-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't eat the movie theater garbage so I'll just have the cheap movies.

It sure would be cool if the service i paid for actually sent me the fucking card to make it useable

I may not be as cool as OP, but I do have Movie Pass and Regal Crown Club membership.

>Free
$8 for popcorn $6 for coke

I subscribed on August 26 and just got my card on Sept 27th, so basically 1 month

You don't actually pay for it until you activate the card when you receive it.

>$8 for popcorn $6 for coke
With my AMC Stubbs Rewards Card© I earn rewards points every time I buy tickets (which I use my Moviepass for) which gets you free concessions

Free full uncompressed blurays on TB top sites

I'm so fucking l33t you n00b tards wouldn't understand

>What beats free tickets and free snacks?

regular exercize?

>Moviepass
Enjoy your increased fees after a few months

I ordered August 17th and just got an email that it's been shipped yesterday

What a shitty company

This. There's no possible way they can get away with $9.99 forever.
They'll increase it a $1 every month until it's $20 and no one will care because it gradually happened.

>What beats free tickets and free snacks?
Having sex with a living woman.

>acting as if $20 a month for this service is somehow a terrible deal

$9.95 a month is locked in for at least one year

You could just buy some snacks and soda for $1 at the gas station near the theater but then you don't get the thrilling fun experience of buying it from AMC for quadruple the price.

Doesn't help when a movie is still in theaters. I use Sonarr and Radarr hooked up to UseNet for everything else.

They went from 50,000 to like 400,000 over night. It takes time to make that many cards.

my amc is a dump so i only go to regal, which is minutes away anyway

don't know which has the better rewards program

Then you just cancel it?

$20 is still decent when you consider that some places have $12 tickets like the theater near me
$40 seems like the tipping point, since that is at parity to about 3 or 4 movies a month in normal ticket sales and is probably on the high side for people who aren't avid about seeing movies

Passfag here. This shit is great.

Movie tickets are like $12 a pop where i live, after seeing 1 movie it's already worth it

Then I'll just cancel it

Honestly this thing is worth it up to $40 for me personally, because I did some math and on average I spend $40-$50 a month on tickets.

I will right up until it gets to 15$ (unless I get a fucking job, then probably up to 20$ but I'd have to check the math to see if it's worth it). Then I'll cancel. Honestly even if they jack it up to 50$ tomorrow so I have to cancel it immediately I've gotten a lot of value out of it, I've seen 10 movies I would never have seen otherwise, only regretting spending the time on one and had a really great time with 3 of them.

i'll get the card when they offer a service that brings the theatre and snacks to me.

I went to 5 movies and spent an average of ~100$ going to the movies every year before moviepass, now I pay 120$ a year and I've seen about a dozen movies in my first month. I could stand to have the price go up a bit without being bothered.

It really works at Alamo drafthouse and studio movie grill?

Thats where I take my Tinder victims

it's possible that's a stable price and will only go up due to inflation which means ticket prices are also going up.

they theory is that the current ticket prices are determined with the assumption that there will be a lot of empty seats like on off-hours but theatres are charging moviepass lower per person based on price of ticket would be if there are less empty seats. with so many moviepass users i'm guessing most users will select off-hours if peak hours full because they want to maximize usage of card unlike normally they won't watch just go home.

*my theory

>theatres are charging moviepass lower per person
Nope, price is exactly the same for moviepass. They aren't working with the theaters in any way except (presumably) to get the list of showtimes. As far as the theater is concerned it's exactly the same as any other credit card. They seem to be trying the gym membership tactic, where you pay for it, use it a little then forget about it and pay for years on end without costing them anything.

AMC stubs membership/renewal is 10$ today only GOOO

>he has to pay for his membership program
laughingregalcrownclubmembers.jpg

Gym membership is different in many ways, and most people will be more motivated to go see a movie then to exercise If you even watch 2 movies a month then movie pass is losing money.

I'm sure there's a catch that no one knows about yet.

Ticket sales are terrible right now, they've been trending down for a while. Even if the ticket is at a big discount a lot of people have a non-negligible distance to travel to a theater, and the culture of it heavily encourages spending money on snacks. Also they probably are selling or planning on selling the viewing histories.

Ayyyyyyyy

Ordered Sept. 4 and still nada.

E-ticketing in Los Angeles when? Not one single theater. I remember someone else saying their major city had none too. Who does have it where, and how many theaters?

You're kinda right. Check this out: wired.com/story/can-moviepass-save-movieging?mbid=social_twitter

Basically, analytics will help them get people into theaters where they'll spend more on concessions which will help them get better deals with movie theaters and they can use their mapping of locations nearby movie theaters as revenue streams by suggesting people to various locations etc.

There's lots of interesting things you could do with this kind of service and one of the cofounders of Netflix (who started up their amazing analytics systems) is the right guy to put it all together.

I watched Mother and It so far, am planning on watching Kingsmen, American Assassin, American Made, and Blade Runner when I get the chance. Ordered on August 16th, didn't come in until September 28

>ordered a card 2 weeks ago
>email said it would arrive in a week or so
>STILL NO CARD.

Stop shilling your shitty card here. We already established that MoviePass is just a huge scam.

You will never get it. There's literally whole threads on forums dedicated to how much of a scam this is. Just google it.

If moviepass includes exclusive access to nigger-free showings, sign me up.

Otherwise, fuck off, not worth it.

>scam
It's a Mastercard, and I've had it for three weeks now. People are just retarded.

also everyone thinks they're the first one to sign up right after hearing about the 10 dollar shit.

i hope it takes longer to get your cards you fucking faggots.

They exploded in popularity overnight, only makes sense it would take a while

Is it true you can only use it on a film within thirty minutes of your current time? So if it's a big new release, you might have trouble seeing it opening weekend?

moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001123871-How-do-I-use-MoviePass-

You can't order tickets ahead of time. You have to be outside the theater right before the movie starts.

Here on Sup Forums© your Product-Placement-Botshill© can reach the audience you want without blowing up your advertising budget. Ask a Sup Forums© representative about Botshill© today!

>have to actually leave house
>have to drive 10 miles to the closest heater
>have to deal with odd stares from the theater staff for going to the movies alone
>have to sit in nasty ass seats with other peoples' ass bacteria
>can't use my phone for 2 hours

Got my card weeks ago but going to the theater is a pain in the ass.

>have to deal with odd stares from the theater staff for going to the movies alone
nobody does this, no one gives a fuck about you

>spend money on moviepass
>nobody to go to movies with
>time goes by
>wasting money on MP month after month
>not seeing any movies, feeling more alone
>finally work up courage
>decide I'm going to see a movie alone
>theater just started no-singles policy
>can't work up courage to call and cancel MP

American Assassin is crap fyi, though it does have one incredible line from Keaton.

I ordered 2 days after the announcement and just got my card a week ago, despite being told it was shipped only a week after I signed up. 2 weeks is nothing.