/DIS/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Is Lorca, dare I say it, the GOAT Star Trek captain?

Just finished 3, solid episode, promising start to the series. Lorca's instantly interesting.

I refuse to watch a show without waifus. I will NOT be a party to it.

Why does people in the Federation in Star Trek use petroleum-based technology and materials and things like their uniforms.

Don't they realize what a problem pollution from microplastics can cause to places?

So how do his eyes work? They just reflect anything? The visual effect is kind of neat.

Michael and the chief of security are cute

>without waifus

Yes.

The Captain Federation Needs but don't deserve it.

based Chad Captain

>/DIS/
You son, are a massive faggot.

Also: I this perpetrator chicken guy?

U.S.S. Discovery
NCC-1031

>no goyim, it's called /DIS/ not STD!

It would be groundbreaking if there was a robot soles shot.

>ebony Spock
>without waifus

>ebony Spock
*Renegade Spock

>/DIS/
It’s STD

Did you make that just now in MS Paint?

>qt

user, that's literally Frieza

It's DSC.

hhnngg nice

It's Discovery. Why are you abbreviating something that has less letters in it than "The Expanse" or "The Orville"?

STD

fuck can't unsee

>STTOS
>STTNG
>STDS9
>STV
>STE

I liked Daft Punk better

Tuvok? Come on, user. She might be a lousy actor, but she looks cute with short hair.

This can't be a legit article...

Nah, he's pretty boring

How much do Orville shills get paid to sperg at the abbreviation?

S tar
T rek
D iscovery

Sorry bro, its STD

MAGICAL
FOOT
VAGINA

its STD you dumb fuck.

>TOS
>TNG
>DS9
>VOY
>ENT
Breaks the pattern to suddenly start including "Star Trek" in the abbreviation.

See There's already a STD. We need to call Discovery something else

How the fuck would a Klingon warrior from a distant and xenophobic planet know that human custom says that raising a single finger in front of the lips and exhaling through clenched teeth is an indication of a desire for silence in the immediate area?

Unless, by a miracle of odds, Klingons had evolved to use this gesture in EXACTLY the same way that human beings did.

He's cute.

It's been called STD before Orville even existed. It's been called STD since it was fist announced before it was even cast. It's even been called STD in some official media.

Citations needed

>g-guys the pattern!
>the naming conventions and tradition!
>we must observe protocool my fellow trekkies!

Stop being so lazy and go look up shit from its announcement as Star Trek Discovery. They were calling it STD before people started mocking its shorthand.

The same way they knew how to speak English in the first place. I'm guessing they have Google in the space discovery age.

hmm...

He clearly meant the annoying melty-scream one, not sputnik.

1) it will NEVER be called "DIS"
2) this show is tumblr SJW shit and whoever likes it needs to fuck off back to tumblr or reddit with all the other Rotten Tomatoes loving faggots

How much did people get paid to use VOY over VGR?
Exactly that much.

Fuck you

why do you retards still pretend like you ever gave a shit about star trek and just come here to whine your ass off

Did anyone else get an "The Expanse" vibe from the last episode. The haunted spaceship, the not-protomolecule, etc.

And yeah, the captain seems pretty based atm. Wants to win the war but is still looking beyond it to what this new discovery could mean for sentient life. He's going to get people killed by that fungus creature.

Lorca's cool and all but I wanted to photon torpedo the sweet chink's sideways snatch. She could've read me Sun Tzu at bedtime.

Why don't you fuck off from this thread instead?

That's short for Descartes

Yeah, Expanse was mentioned a few times around here. The spores look hella protomolecule and JULIEEEEEEEEEE

Not yet, but it was promising.
Mfw they delayed Discovery because they were assblasted by The Expanse and made STD more Expanse
and chicken

Black Badge?

These are nice
No, fuck you.

DIS is so beautiful. What's the budget per episode?

8.5 million

STD is the abbreviation that has taken hold, the public decides this.

This episode was pretty good. I'm glad I stuck with the show. I could even see us getting some episodic stories with this setup. Cadet Autism was a good foil for Michael. I also think people were being a bit unfair to the dialogue. The "Alice in Wonderland" bit was clearly just her repeating something familiar to herself to stay comfortable. It reminded me of when Bashir and O'Brien began quoting Tennyson' "Charge of the Light Brigade" before going into battle to reclaim DS9.

The visuals were pretty good too. The obnoxious dutch angles and lens flares were pretty much gone. The shroomy bits were pretty cool.

I'm not sure about Anthony Rapp's character yet, but I'm glad they didn't mention him being gay, or make him into some obnoxious yasss queen. I'm a huge RENTfag though, so I'm just glad to see him. Lorca and the security officer both seemed pretty good.

Yes. By far the best captain.

Why does last episode remind me of Empok Nor so much?

The CGI here is fucking Torchwood and RTD nu-who tier. Terrible. Take a lap.

They're both plotted by Bryan Fuller.

>STD

it's DIS because Enterprise is ENT and Voyager is VOY

Alice is also a TAS reference, Spock mentioned hearing it as a child too

Do you have these for the first two episodes?
That's not a valid critique. What exactly don't you like about those frames?

>Star Trek Discovery
>not La Randonnée des Étoiles: Découverte

you had one job

That IS daftpunkfu. That's what she looks like without the helm.

Why are you CBS pajeets so fucking asshurt about the STD situation?

It's your fault in the first place...

>STD

Bane?

I've not watched The Expanse. Is it worth watching? Will it hurt my conservative sensibilities?

I didn't realize that. That's neat. It also seems like they worked it into her character and the episode pretty well. People kept complaining about her quoting from the book though, even though there are tons of scenes from Trek series where characters give lengthy literary quotes. It also fit the scene pretty well. She was trying to distract herself so she wouldn't panic.

what the fuck is going on with these space mushrooms

>DIS

Awesome, thanks.

So Lorca's eyes are busted because he went too deep with the Event Horizon engine and not because of some combat injury, right?

STD is brainlet humor. Fuck off

lol it doesn't matter, obviously nothing because the tech isn't in later star trek.

No one is laughing you double nigger. STD is just a turd.

>Will it hurt my conservative sensibilities?

Yes. But then that's going to be most sci-fi based on what I've seen.

>Is it worth watching?

If you like science fiction, definitely give it a shot. It's the most realistic science fiction show on TV right now and the worldbuilding and main plot are very good. It's got a great budget as well and it's got the waifu bitches.

>what is bio-neural gel packs

Don't watch it then, autist. Why the fuck are you even in this thread

I like it. This episode was pretty good.

This shit should never have been put under the Star Trek banner. If they removed all the Trek branding it would be a mediocre generic scifi. Stamping Federation logos on everything just makes it so that instead of having no feelings here nor there on the matter the show actively irritates me.

Because you pajeets are funny like manlets. When will you learn?

Maybe if you hate Star Trek.

I like Star Trek and Discovery is good so far. A long needed change of direction for a series that persisted with a woefully obsolete format for so long that it damn near killed itself and had to go away for a decade.

>hey, you know that scene in TFA where the monster chases them through the spaceship? I bet people would LOVE to see that again!

Just fuck off. Sorry they're not wearing primary color unitards. It's still about our hopes and fears for the future, and exploring the unknown and other. It's still tackling social issues. It's very trek, and already better than JJverse and Enterprise were.

You lack any sort of critical thinking
You are just parroting what Sup Forums told you to say

You clearly hate it. Fuck off, Kurtzman.

Pretty sure that's also the VA from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Everytime he talks I just imagine how much cooler it would be if he had his own show.

>teenager thinks TFA is the first show to have people running from a monster on a spaceship
Holy fuck, what an idiot.

It's literally exactly the same as JJverse.

>thoughtful, meaningful examinations of new phenomena?
>nah man, more shootouts, more explosions, more chase scenes, more death and stuff bro! fuck! yeah! fucking blue glowing shit man fuck!

Seriously though hat's going on with the mycelium

Are they saying the universe is infested with a sort of quantum-scale fungus?