Drive vs Baby Driver?

Which one did you think was better and why?

drive
i drive

baby driver was a bad movie

it started off fun and entertaining but slowly got shittier and shittier until the end.

2o minutes in i texted my friend saying hey this movie isnt too bad.

then at the end i texted him saying what a pile of shit

THE Driver is the better one.
Babby driver uses guns where as Driver don't, using only hammers to surpass his bullets into his enemies

checkmate, babby

Different movies, different directors, different genres. You should not compare them just because they're about cars and have eccentric main characters.

Drive was much better.

Drive was a romance drama Baby Driver was an action movie. Drive adopted the neo 80s miami vibe and baby driver was inspired by a music video. They serve different purposes. Both are good

Drive is much better. Baby Driver had a few good parts, but lots of cringe.

Drive has a guy roll a coin along his knuckles and flick it so hard it goes through a man's neck and embeds itself in a wall.

Drive is so fucking awesome it hurts.

Haven't even seen Baby Driver, but Drive was garbage.

>Girl: "Hi! How are you?"

>Guy: ".................................... ....................................good."

Baby driver had as much romance as drive did if not even more.

Drive is one of the best films of the 2010s. Baby Driver is a forgettable meme film.

>texted during a movie
Are you a female by chance?

>Drive, a film about a prototype combat cyborg having kung-fu fights, isn't action

Did we even see the same movie?

Drive was kino, albeit a bit overrated, while Baby Driver is mediocre through and through. Wright's worst film.

So, the answer is Drive.

Hey, I can't find that fake Drive 2 trailer with the autists. Please post it.

>alone
drive
>with friends
baby driver

They're not comparable. Completely different tones. Drive rides on Gosling's performance and it isn't an ensemble cast action film extravaganza.
Nightcrawler is a pretty good Drivecore flick though.
>Jake Gyllenhaal will never play Spoony in the inevitable biopic

>both are good

how to spot the redditor

>texting during a movie
jesus christ you piece of trash, at least leave the theater and ask for a refund

>2o minutes in i texted
TXTING AT THE FUCKING MOVIES?! GET OUT PLEB

I honestly went to see baby driver thinking it was a prequel to drive

I drive.

The remake will be pure poo kino

Drive has substance.
Baby Driver is flashy but ultimately very shallow.

at home, guys. its called torrents. i paused the movie to go to the bathroom and replied to a text.

but at least now we know who the autists are

retard

Literally when?

Is Baby Driver worth buying? if not then what should I get?

>buying
>I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I buy.

Baby Driver
Its about a getaway driver that gets into trouble because of his job, Drive on the other hands is about lies are REAL HUMAN BEANS.

Pic related are all better than Baby Driver. Watch them if you appreciated Drive and Baby Driver.

Drive was undoubtedly a better movie

Drive. Didn't even watch Baby Driver. Looked like some shit made to make you go WHOAH SO FREAKING AWESOME and groove along to the annoying music.

Wait, does Sup Forums actually like Drive now? Last I checked this place was full of contrarian cunts who would shit on that movie just because it got popular.

Sup Forums only likes it now because it's used to leverage against baby driver for contrarian purposes

Then why are you posting?

Drive was better though.

You're so cool and edgy brah

baby driver was such a chore to sit through. The worst part was all of the plebs afterwards who don't know how to describe movies they like so they just used the word "style" a lot

>dude why are you judging this turd before you've even tried it

Got btfo eh?

I'm not that guy/girl but I feel the salt rolling off your dandruffy shoulders

>guy meets girl
>kills stranger in front of her after hanging out once
>she runs off with him as they get chased down by some guy

what a don juan

how the FUCK did you know I have dandruff on my shoulders

mods?!

You just made me cringe more than baby driver. Congrats

Drive has the edge in aesthetics while Baby Driver has the edge in terms of narrative and character. Drive is good, but like with a lot of Refn films I come out of it feeling a little hollow, like the ending was rushed. Baby Driver mostly delivers as a piece of storytelling, though it almost has the opposite problem in that the ending kind of drags on. Also, while I know Drive isn't strictly a car chase movie, the car chases in Baby Driver are miles better.

I’m not sure if it’s fair to describe narrative and character when one is an arthouse thriller and the other is a comedy...action, maybe? I liked both(though I love Drive) but they’re both trying to do different things. In my view, the cast of Drive say so much more than Baby Driver with about 1/3rd of the dialogue.

*compare, not describe. My bad

Character definitely matters for all but the most abstract types of films. Driver works well as a cipher and I definitely found myself projecting all my insecurities and power fantasies onto him when I saw the movie for the first time, but the hollow feeling it left me with is partly because of that. He's completely boiled down to a combination of loneliness and rage. Baby is definitely elevated from real life as a figure, but he feels like a fully fleshed out person you've gotten to know by the end, and actually makes a good protagonist to invest in. As far as narrative, I'd say that was an important element of Drive as well. The set pieces were strong, but it coasted on them by the end. There's definitely the first act or two of a narrative in there, but basically after the heist every scene is just a bad guy killing someone or Driver killing someone literally right up to the end.

Baby driver is not even in the same league, I felt it was a movie made for teens, like The maze runner, just with a bit more style

And what do you think, baby

>actually comparing a film to a flick
>actually thinking that because they have cars and a romance the two films are comparable
drive was made by an actual competent director who happens to be an auteur. it is a film. it explores shit, develops ideas.
baby driver is a piece of shit gimmick movie based on the director's MUH MOOVIE IS BASED ON MY PLAYLIST TEEHEE xD xD you can see how everything is synched to the music!!!1
I know Sup Forums has become an even worse shitwhole through the years but goddamn, the shitposting has to have some limits

Drive
because even though Drive was a shitty tween flick aswell, it was nowhere near as embarassing as meme driver was

book

Baby Driver, because Driver is boring as fuck.

Baby Driver isn't a good movie tho.

>texting during movie
Women are fucking garbage